• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Hygiene Tips

Oh, thats how you do it. I'd often wondered... :teeth:

Is 'Brawny' the US version of 'Bounty' ? We could get these signs over here too if it is.

:crazy: And I thought you had to dry your hands first then wash them - you learn something new everyday :rotfl2:

Nubbedy said:
Oh, thats how you do it. I'd often wondered... :teeth:

Is 'Brawny' the US version of 'Bounty' ? We could get these signs over here too if it is.

We have both Brawny and Bounty. They're both brands of paper towels.

Brawny has a big 'brawny' guy in a flannel shirt in their commercials.

They know about keeping things clean - youve got to give them that.Ive never once entered a dirty bathroom in the theme parks.I love knowing it will be clean for my children to sit on and me not have to do a mad dash round first.

But why oh why do they have gaps in the doors that others can you see you through.This is the only thing I hate about WDW!!!

Lynn :confused3

Richard Bruvofetc said:
For those of you that don't know how, WDW is now giving directions on how to wash your hands.....

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/wander/corpsign.jpg

...it could only happen in the USA :rolleyes2
Judging by the vast numbers of people you see leave the restrooms without washing their hands, here and in WDW, I think placing a notice is a good idea.

Nice to see they are taking hygiene issues seriously ~ I hate to see people using toilets and leaving without washing their hands.

That is quite simply ridiculous! A notice reminding guests to wash their hands would be fine, but explaining how is just plain crazy!

I've read threads on these forums about American's who go to WDW and take cleaning materials with them to clean the apartment as soon as they arrive. Some (more than a few!) wash all the dishes too before they use them and some even wash the bedding. Others wipe all the surfaces - including door handles etc - with antiseptic wipes!

So this new sign doesn't surprise me at all. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

susieh said:
Others wipe all the surfaces - including door handles etc - with antiseptic wipes!
Well I do that when we arrive in the resort room! :rolleyes1 You can never be too careful ....!

I cracked up when I came across these notices when we were at WDW last month!

:rotfl2: I hope they put them close to the sinks, so that you can check halfway through that you're doing it right.

minnie29uk said:
But why oh why do they have gaps in the doors that others can you see you through.This is the only thing I hate about WDW!!!

ITA!! That's the only good thing about getting home, when you can use the toilets at Gatwick in privacy!

Minniespal said:
Nice to see they are taking hygiene issues seriously ~ I hate to see people using toilets and leaving without washing their hands.

I do this alot. We use purell. Sometime I forget it in the stroller so I say in a loud voice, "the purell is out in the stroller, we'll use it when we get out of here." so others will know that we are cleaning our hands when we go out of the bathroom.

I hate to use the sinks. My kids take FOREVER to wash their hands. I want to get the heck out of there anyway, it usually stinks. :teeth:

I totally understand what you mean - nothing worse than if there is a queue for the sinks either!!

minnie29uk said:

Lynn :confused3

that's very typical of american bathroom stall doors....very irritating...

Cyrano said:
Pity not everybody reads them :teeth:

so true.....

Richard Bruvofetc said:
For those of you that don't know how, WDW is now giving directions on how to wash your hands.....

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/wander/corpsign.jpg

...it could only happen in the USA :rolleyes2

What is wrong with a simple "Please wash your hands" sign? :confused3

Then again, they have those up at our place of work and some of the, let's say, "not so clever" employees scribbled all over them. :furious:

Maybe they should have a special sensor that registers whether somebody has washed their hands or not, and if they haven't, as they leave the toilets a booming loudspeaker can blast out "Danger! Danger! This person did not wash their hands! Dirty! Dirty! Avoid at all costs!" :rotfl2:

Dicky Knee said:
Maybe they should have a special sensor that registers whether somebody has washed their hands or not, and if they haven't, as they leave the toilets a booming loudspeaker can blast out "Danger! Danger! This person did not wash their hands! Dirty! Dirty! Avoid at all costs!" :rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

great idea....

that warning system would be brilliant at the place i used to work....

Yes, the whole "washing hands" thing is being pushed in our press right now. It's supposed to ward off the flu and colds. Despite all the media attention, you'd be surprised at how many people don't wash.

There have been a few TV programs on cleanliness in hotels recently. They went to several hotels rooms, from budget to very expensive, and they did the CSI bit to them. It was absolutely disgusting what they found, even in the expensive hotels. Every bodily fluid you could think of, and in the weirdest places. As result of those programs, we dump the bedspread onto the floor at night, and I wipe down the phone and taps when we get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter