WDW Hygiene Tips

Olaf said:
As result of those programs, we dump the bedspread onto the floor at night, and I wipe down the phone and taps when we get there.

...but do you have written directions and a process set to guide you on how to do the above? :lmao:

Dicky Knee said:
...but do you have written directions and a process set to guide you on how to do the above?

Nope, but if you don't fancy sleeping in a bedspread with urine and semen all over it, I can write some out for you. :rolleyes:

Here's a link to one of the shows on ABC:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story?id=1507794

I know all of this must seem very funny to you guys, but you need to understand that Disney is constantly dealing with lawsuits and this was probably done on the recommendation of lawyers and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). I'm quite sure they've had a guest come down ill from e-coli or some other nasty bug. CDC probably went in and took swipes from guest areas and found fecal matter and urine where it shouldn't have been--clearly indicating that some guests aren't properly washing. They've done this to help protect the guests, but also to protect themselves in the event of a court case.

Olaf said:
Nope, but if you don't fancy sleeping in a bedspread with urine and semen all over it, I can write some out for you. :rolleyes:

Seems to be getting a bit personal.

jen_uk said:
How lovely!!

I agree, Jen. Did you read the article? It's pretty disgusting isn't it? It's why we Americans are so paranoid about hand washing and wiping things down, which you guys seem to find so funny. I find it incredible that you guys think it's funny. It's even more amazing coming from a country with such a serious MRSA problem in its hospitals.

I have to admit I think I would rather not know! If you thought about it too much you would never leave your own house! Obviously I want the room to be clean and I can understand people wiping the tv remote etc but as for all the unpleasant stains that are on the walls that we cant see, Im happy to be ignorant about it, as those stains were found in all the hotels tested what am I going to do, redecorate the hotel?! As I said Im happy to remain in the dark! :)

jen_uk said:
I have to admit I think I would rather not know! If you thought about it too much you would never leave your own house! Obviously I want the room to be clean and I can understand people wiping the tv remote etc but as for all the unpleasant stains that are on the walls that we cant see, Im happy to be ignorant about it, as those stains were found in all the hotels tested what am I going to do, redecorate the hotel?! As I said Im happy to remain in the dark! :)

And I shouldn't have said "you guys" think it's funny. After rereading the thread, I find that many of you are as "Germ Phobic" as me. :rolleyes:

Olaf said:
The poster was having a laugh at my expense, and I responded in kind.

I think Dicky Knee was having a laugh at the "instructions" in the toilets at WDW not at the need for cleanliness. If you read what he says, as I have done, I think you'll see that's quite obvious.

Nubbedy said:
Oh, thats how you do it. I'd often wondered... :teeth:

Is 'Brawny' the US version of 'Bounty' ? We could get these signs over here too if it is.

they're both paper towels (by two different US manufacturers) that have been around for 30 to 40 years (in the US)....

Bounty is the older of the two (about a decade older) and has the more famous and far superior tagline (but that is to be expected of any P&G product).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter