WDW for Couples - Post your questions and suggestions here!!!

Still going thorough this thread but i figured I'd introduce myself :)

Newly (newly!!!!) married. Just 2 months in. Kids may be in our future but not for a bit. We do have 2 crazy cats that we refer to as our girls though. I'm 33, my husband is 34. We are new transplants to PA and love to travel.

Nice to meet all of you!!!

Congrats on your marriage! I am a frequent lurker on this board- I have lived in PA all my life, but DH is from Georgia- he's been here for years and still getting adjusted to life in PA. Hope you adjust faster than he did :)

I think I have all of my ADRs complete for our Labor Day Weekend couples trip. I've changed them a hundred times, and they are still not set in stone. Would love opinions from other couples. We are also planing on eating in the lounges. Dinner at BoG at 6:40pm on 8/29, lunch at Sanaa at 1:30pm on 8/30, and lunch at HBD at 1:40pm on 8/31.

we like hitting narcoossees. we have 2 crystal palace breakfast, tepen edo, biergarten, bog, chef defrance, via Napoli (a must), kona café, ( we are also doing Victoria and albert this trip for our 30th wedding an. but its a surprise for dw) :thumbsup2

I love this thread! I'm still in a very young marriage and have only gone to Disney World with my husband.

My question is: Would it be awkward for just me and my husband to meet characters? I could have met so many characters and I think it would be fun, but I would feel weird standing with a bunch of little kids! :rotfl:

My husband and I went to a characters breakfast ('Ohana) and it was fun! :banana:

I think I have all of my ADRs complete for our Labor Day Weekend couples trip. I've changed them a hundred times, and they are still not set in stone. Would love opinions from other couples. We are also planing on eating in the lounges. Dinner at BoG at 6:40pm on 8/29, lunch at Sanaa at 1:30pm on 8/30, and lunch at HBD at 1:40pm on 8/31.

Be our guest is great (and so beautiful). Love the dinner because you can meet the Beast. The Chicken and the steak are so good! And I love the grey stuff (big fan of cookies'n'cream).

Like Liberty Tree Tavern as well. It's a nice buffet served at you table. We've liked everything .

Hollywood Brown Derby is great but prepare to wait even with ADR because they are always running late. Less kids there. Their Filet Mignon is awesome.

Not a big fan of Sanaa, I've had way better indian food in other restaurants... But the view is awesome and the Chai Cream is amazing. In AKL we are big fans of Boma. Love their breakfast buffet.

I also strongly suggest 'Ohana (Polynesian Resort... Our favorite) and Via Napoli's excellent pizza (Epcot)

In downtown Disney, Raglan Road is great (especially at dinner time).

Thanks everyone for feedback on my ADRs. Here's another couple question: if we are trying to avoid kids at meal time (I love kids, but want some time away since the parks will naturally be crawling with them :), are the lounges good places to grab dinner? We really like to sit at the bar and eat at upscale(ish) establishments, and I thought this might be fun at WDW. Have any of you done this? I was thinking the Crew's Cup at the YC, the bar at Blue Zoo, or places like that. We like to kind of graze and share food, so thinking big dinners in the signature restaurants might be too much. Thoughts?

Congrats on your marriage! I am a frequent lurker on this board- I have lived in PA all my life, but DH is from Georgia- he's been here for years and still getting adjusted to life in PA. Hope you adjust faster than he did :)

Thanks! We've been here a little over a year and a half. We are actually in York (and I work in Lancaster), so we are sort of neighbors :) we head up your way a lot -troegs is always a good stop.
It's definitely an adjustment, but so far we are happy here. Hoping to buy a home soon!

Hi all! I, too, am still making my way through the thread. As usual, I'm skipping to the end and thought I'd introduce myself. I love this thread! DH and I are childfree by choice and love doing Disney as a couple!

Glad to find this! My DH and I have no kids by choice but enjoy going to WDW. We are going in August for our 10th anniversary and I can't wait!
When are you going???? ..we will be there 8/21-8/29 at CSR!

I love this thread! I'm still in a very young marriage and have only gone to Disney World with my husband.

My question is: Would it be awkward for just me and my husband to meet characters? I could have met so many characters and I think it would be fun, but I would feel weird standing with a bunch of little kids! :rotfl:

We do character meet and greets all the time! Not awkward at all! Plan on taking some fun photos! We bring props and do all sorts of stuff. DH brushing Rapiunzel's hair, DH proposing to Daisy with me and Donald looking mad, DH putting my shoe on my foot with Cinderella, doing a conga line with Chip and Dale, Belle reading to us form our Hidden iambic key book; the characters and the photographers love it!!! We always get extra time and attention. I think it breaks up the monotony for them!

Hi all! I, too, am still making my way through the thread. As usual, I'm skipping to the end and thought I'd introduce myself. I love this thread! DH and I are childfree by choice and love doing Disney as a couple! When are you going???? ..we will be there 8/21-8/29 at CSR! We do character meet and greets all the time! Not awkward at all! Plan on taking some fun photos! We bring props and do all sorts of stuff. DH brushing Rapiunzel's hair, DH proposing to Daisy with me and Donald looking mad, DH putting my shoe on my foot with Cinderella, doing a conga line with Chip and Dale, Belle reading to us form our Hidden iambic key book; the characters and the photographers love it!!! We always get extra time and attention. I think it breaks up the monotony for them!

I love this idea! I may have to convince my husband to do this in August. We will be there from August 16 - 23 at CBR!

I love this idea! I may have to convince my husband to do this in August. We will be there from August 16 - 23 at CBR!

Just so you know... It's fun to do funny ride photos too! If you know when the pictures are taken, it's fun to plan!. We have one on Dinosaur where DH is reading the book Everyone Poops, one on ToT where DH is holding a giant princess lollipop and Mickey Plush "crying" and looking terrified! He's usually the one hamming it up because I'm legitimately terrified!

Hi All! I'm glad this exists! There's very few places for Disney couples without kids. DH and I have a trip planned in the fall. We'll be staying at Coronado/AKL as well as attending MNSSHP. Any costume ideas? I don't think we'll do full costume, but I'd like something fun. :) We've been to WDW a handful of times before, but we usually take our nephew. This is the first time it'll just be us!

Jfine said:
Hi All! I'm glad this exists! There's very few places for Disney couples without kids. DH and I have a trip planned in the fall. We'll be staying at Coronado/AKL as well as attending MNSSHP. Any costume ideas? I don't think we'll do full costume, but I'd like something fun. :) We've been to WDW a handful of times before, but we usually take our nephew. This is the first time it'll just be us!

We do 1950's. It is easy and i take a sweater and DH takes a faux leather jacket so we are prepared for most temps. We have been when it was upper 80's during daylight and low 50's after dark.

Don't forget, a lot of the characters themselves are college students...you're probably the closest in age to them that they get to "hang out" with all day! :rotfl2:

Hi All! I'm glad this exists! There's very few places for Disney couples without kids. DH and I have a trip planned in the fall. We'll be staying at Coronado/AKL as well as attending MNSSHP.

That's it... I'm totally jealous now. Those are my two favorite resorts!!

I've never tried the Halloween Party but I'm pretty sure it's just as fun as the christmas party!

Hi I've already posted here before but am back again. Maybe if this thread is long enough they'll see a need for a Couple's category

Anyway, we honeymooned at Disney back in 1986 and we've been hooked since then. Returning numerous times. Back in 1986, my DH booked a package deal and we stayed offsite. I was intrigued with the Disney hotels and vowed I would stay there one day. Lol did we ever. Our first Disney resort was POFQ and I loved it! Since then we've stayed at many different levels and enjoyed them all.

One thing, to try something new, I booked a 4 day Disney cruise to the Bahamas on the Disney Wonder It took much planning and effort but we had a wonderful time. There are separate areas for adults on the ship. I highly recommend it.

Hi I've already posted here before but am back again. Maybe if this thread is long enough they'll see a need for a Couple's category

Anyway, we honeymooned at Disney back in 1986 and we've been hooked since then. Returning numerous times. Back in 1986, my DH booked a package deal and we stayed offsite. I was intrigued with the Disney hotels and vowed I would stay there one day. Lol did we ever. Our first Disney resort was POFQ and I loved it! Since then we've stayed at many different levels and enjoyed them all.

One thing, to try something new, I booked a 4 day Disney cruise to the Bahamas on the Disney Wonder It took much planning and effort but we had a wonderful time. There are separate areas for adults on the ship. I highly recommend it.

I did not know there was separate areas for adults on Disney Cruise. Interesting! :)

I did not know there was separate areas for adults on Disney Cruise. Interesting! :)
Unless things have changed, On the top deck I guess they call it forward? Lol I can't remember there's a lounge and jacuzzis,adults only, there are signs right at the entrance. Bottom lower deck there's a club (adults only) for entertainment. Comedy acts, music. I don't know if it's the norm, but for dining we were seated with all adults at the table. I guess when we cruised there were enough adults to fill that table. There's a rotation where you're assigned a different dining room each day, we were seated with the same people throughout the cruise for dinner. Of course there are children. They're big dining rooms. They have a special dining room you can pick for one night called Palo. They require patrons "dress formal". We know with Disney it's shoes and ties for men. We also had breakfast there it was really nice

There's a Bahamian island called Castaway Cay they have designated beaches. Families, teens and adults can go to separate beaches. We had a lot if fun

Oh love this thread!!! Ok my turn :). I'm 46 (for 5 more days anyway!) and my DH is 51. We are celebrating 10 years married this year and heading down 10/18. We chose not to have kids but have a 7lb yorkie that is like our child :lmao:

I first went to DW in 1976 and was hooked. I have no idea how many times I've been but my DH has never been!!! I really hope he loves it as much as me. He is an engineer so I think he will really love that aspect of DW. I have a room booked at YC and the Dolphin right now. I wanted a quieter more adult resort ;)

Really looking fwd to FW and seeing the World through his eyes:goodvibes I have ADR at raglan rd, chef France, il Mulino , LTT and the Wave. Can't wait to try them!

Ozzygirl said:
Oh love this thread!!! Ok my turn :). I'm 46 (for 5 more days anyway!) and my DH is 51. We are celebrating 10 years married this year and heading down 10/18. We chose not to have kids but have a 7lb yorkie that is like our child :lmao:

I first went to DW in 1976 and was hooked. I have no idea how many times I've been but my DH has never been!!! I really hope he loves it as much as me. He is an engineer so I think he will really love that aspect of DW. I have a room booked at YC and the Dolphin right now. I wanted a quieter more adult resort ;)

Really looking fwd to FW and seeing the World through his eyes:goodvibes I have ADR at raglan rd, chef France, il Mulino , LTT and the Wave. Can't wait to try them!

Welcome and Happy Birthday!

Hellooo!
So I'm in awe of the amount of times some of you have been to Disney. :o
We are in Scotland so we have only been to WDW once but have been to DL Paris 4/5times. (Love it!)

We are coming to WDW (as adults for the first time 26 and 27yo) for our honeymoon in October. Eeeeek!!!

I also haven't found much info on the solo/adult feed so this has been an interesting read.

Any tips for our honeymoon is appreciated!

DisneyLassie01 said:
Hellooo!
So I'm in awe of the amount of times some of you have been to Disney. :o
We are in Scotland so we have only been to WDW once but have been to DL Paris 4/5times. (Love it!)

We are coming to WDW (as adults for the first time 26 and 27yo) for our honeymoon in October. Eeeeek!!!

I also haven't found much info on the solo/adult feed so this has been an interesting read.

Any tips for our honeymoon is appreciated!

Congratulations on your wedding. October is great! Be sure to book some of the Food & Wine Fest special events. The wine and adult beverages tastings are fun and adult only! There are also special dinnets, seminars and demonstrations geared towards adults. Do not forget MNSSHP at the Magic Kingdom, what is more romantic than dressing up and trick-or-treating with your sweetie! Fireworks cruises, moonlight strolls, biking the boardwalk, watching water parades from the beach for us WDW is a very romantic place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter