WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I was reading on DFB and she had a video from the folks at All Ears while in AK where I heard it when I listened to it.

Will post it here if ok:
Thanks for posting, yes from what's been reported and personal experience it seems these are played in the indoor queue portions of attractions only, something happened a couple of days ago that i can't disclose that i believe sparked this change, this is good, in terms of safety, as long as those indoor portions are not longer than 30 minutes, everyone should be able to abide

Thanks for posting, yes from what's been reported and personal experience it seems these are played in the indoor queue portions of attractions only, something happened a couple of days ago that i can't disclose that i believe sparked this change, this is good, in terms of safety, as long as those indoor portions are not longer than 30 minutes, everyone should be able to abide

Are you sure it’s just indoor? KTP told me also outside at Kilimanjaro at AK.

Are you sure it’s just indoor? KTP told me also outside at Kilimanjaro at AK.
the clip is from the queue to KS, technically not indoors at all but not in the spilling out area towards Africa, I was at DHS all morning yesterday and never heard this announcement when walking around the park

For sure this question is answered somewhere else, but I cannot find it.
If you have an AP and a reservation at, say, MK, and you go to MK and spend a few hours there, then leave, can you then get a reservation at another park that same day, assuming there are any available? I'm assuming the answer is no, although if reservations were still available, I don't see why they'd care.

For sure this question is answered somewhere else, but I cannot find it.
If you have an AP and a reservation at, say, MK, and you go to MK and spend a few hours there, then leave, can you then get a reservation at another park that same day, assuming there are any available? I'm assuming the answer is no, although if reservations were still available, I don't see why they'd care.
Nope, one park a day. You can go back to MK but you can't book something else. You can book something for another park for another day after park close though.

...something happened a couple of days ago that i can't disclose that i believe sparked this change

Just curious as to why you can't disclose what happened. Do you work for Disney? Sorry, I don't mean to be nosey, just wondering.

Just curious as to why you can't disclose what happened. Do you work for Disney? Sorry, I don't mean to be nosey, just wondering.
I don't, really can't disclose anything on this but the change, even if only one family group abides, will be helpful

We are thinking of visiting the week after Christmas, from out West. It would be an expensive trip. Is it worth visiting with the restrictions? Can you ride most of the attractions without issue if it hits the reduced capacity limit? We aren't planning on doing Hollywood Studios, so we don't need to worry about RofR.

We are thinking of visiting the week after Christmas, from out West. It would be an expensive trip. Is it worth visiting with the restrictions? Can you ride most of the attractions without issue if it hits the reduced capacity limit? We aren't planning on doing Hollywood Studios, so we don't need to worry about RofR.
"worth" is subjective. If you are alright with almost no entertainment offerings, limited dinning venues and queues for all attractions then you are fine. If you are ok with wearing a mask everywhere, all the time and only taking it off to eat or drink at restaurants or to the side of streets while touring, you'll be fine.

"worth" is subjective. If you are alright with almost no entertainment offerings, limited dinning venues and queues for all attractions then you are fine. If you are ok with wearing a mask everywhere, all the time and only taking it off to eat or drink at restaurants or to the side of streets while touring, you'll be fine.

We don't usually do shows, and I realized last trip to Disneyland (pre-covid) that I really didn't mind standing in line as much as I thought I did. After years of fast passes, I had come to the mindset of never waiting in long lines. But, realized last trip that standing in line is actually a bit of a break and more relaxing than always being on the go from sun up to sun down. So I don't think that would be an issue. I had thought I read early on that lines were virtual, and spots in them were gone early in the day. It sounds like my memory is wrong on that.

Dinning limitations would be the biggest downside for us.

Thanks again. Tickets and reservations are booked. Crazy excited.

Right now Crush and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor are closed. Big tear coming out of my eye. What others are closed that you like?

Frozen ever after is open, so very excited about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter