WDW as a single parent

I am a newly single mum from australia. I want to take my dd who will be 5 next year again (we went for her 3rd birthday last year with her dad - we were still married) It will be our first trip on our own. I know I won't be able to do as much as last time being that we could do rider swap. Just a bit nervous. I did do a bit on my own with her last time. Should I be worried?

The other option is to try a Disney cruise, since that seems less tiring, less complicated. I've never been on a cruise myself, so that also seems daunting!

First, sorry to hear your circumstances have changed since 2013...assuming it wasn't something you wanted. Disney can be daunting all by yourself.

But a Disney cruise has great entertainment you and your girls will find engaging and fun. Pools, parties, Broadway-style shows, shopping, movies, good food in themed restaurants with cheerful, helpful staff waiting on you, and the age-appropriate kids-only areas that will keep your girls entertained while you help yourself to other adult-oriented shipboard activities, or just rest and relax. Plus, it's just cool to be a passenger on a large cruise ship!

Since you've never cruised before, I'd suggest a 3- or 4-day trip to the Bahamas and Castaway Key. It'll give you a couple of reference points: whether or not you can stand being on a ship, whether or not you're prone to seasickness, whether or not you like shipboard amenities (cabins can be kind of confining), and the like. Then, if you like it, you can always move up to a 7-day cruise on a couple of itineraries to suit your tastes. Don't forget to try out the shore excursions in Nassau, and you and your girls will love Castaway Key! There's a full day of activities available, along with a hearty buffet and beautiful surroundings.

If you REALLLY REALLLLY like it, you can look into the 14-day itineraries like the positioning cruises or the trip thru the Panama Canal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter