WDW and Universal, my opionion

Status
Not open for further replies.

fboy9287

DIS Veteran
In the race of theme parks, I think Universal Orlando is winning this one. I went to both WDW and UO and I think ever part of UO was better. For starters, the Disney magic is gone. And I really think the term "Disney magic" is just a term to back up their horrible animatronics. The only ride that has anything on Universal is Tower of Terror, and that is in such a horrible park anyways, that it is the diamond stuck in the middle nuclear waste. Universal has quality rides that don’t look the machines. They even brought back dinosaurs. Next, Disney has no concept of a dollar. Their prices are amazing. To buy lunch is at least $50 bucks for my family of 3! Universal has so much better lunches at so much better prices. The next and most important thing, their employees. They have no themeing at Disney. After they buckle you in for a ride, nothing is said. After some rides at WDW people ask if that’s it. At UO, they say something, they wave, they actually talk to their guests. They smile, they are so much better then the Disney cast members. Seriously, cast member? How bout, I stand here, I get paid, I hate Disney, I leave. That’s all the employees their do. I was talking to a “cast member” there, and he said that everyone hates their jobs their and the only reason they do it is to steal from there and get free tickets. I ran into this one employee at UO at river adventure. His name was Alex. Even though the ride was broken down, he themed everything he said. He really made my day a lot better even though the ride was broken. WDW has a few big rides and the rest are boring. If I was 5, I would love this place. There excuse for a roller coaster is RRC. What kind of horrible idea was that. Lets put cardboard around a coaster and exchange thrill for themeing. It was sad. No air time, No amazing things. Just another coaster to add to my belt. I think it could go under the Family coaster column.

Personally, WDW sucks, and I will never go back, all my money is going to go to Universal, as it is the best park in my book. You can beg to differ. But anyone that really loves disney more then Universal has been lost in the 60 min. wait for dumbo and can't see the real truth and the better parks.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I agree that IOA is a great theme park but as for it being better... a lot better than Disneyworld... i dont agree on that... but once again everyone can have their own opinion.

~Steve

and another thing:

300 some dollars for an year pass, please I spent only 100 for UO, the better place? Did they use Disney Magic to inflate that price?

Originally posted by fboy9287
[ If I was 5, I would love this place. There excuse for a roller coaster is RRC.

You're not? My 8 yr old can certainly construct a better sentence than most I read.

Personally, WDW sucks, and I will never go back, all my money is going to go to Universal, as it is the best park in my book. You can beg to differ. But anyone that really loves disney more then Universal has been lost in the 60 min. wait for dumbo and can't see the real truth and the better parks. [/B]

Wonder what the motivation is for someone to post these comments?? Sour grapes? Each has his own opinion. I, for one, have not yet been to Universal as at IOA - too many of the rides have stringent height requirements that my kids are not yet ready for. Besides - I am really not a thrill rider, so many many of the rides at IOA will not be of any interest to me. I imagine we will go there at some point in the future. But doubt I will go to a Universal board and slam it.

Please don't even waste time racing Disney against Universal. They are both very different theme parks. Just enjoy their differences!

Besides, remember what VIPs get? Free meals, shows, cruises, premieres, concierge rooms... At the expense of those who sweat their vacations. Taking sides supporting either park does not reward guests, not even with a free Coke.

So, just take your family where you want to and discard fanatical comments. It is your money, your vacation and your family, and you are the one paying to choose. Enjoy all parks for the different family vacatino sites they are and do not waste time taking sides. If you like one more than the other, return to it like you pick a brand of orange juice over another.

But don't sweat debating Disney vs. Universal!

We went to WDW, US, and IoA last October. While we liked US/ IoA, it just can't compare to WDW. We did the Universal parks in one day each and quickly grew bored there. I wished we had put more days into the WDW part and left just 2 days for Universal instead of 5 days. On the other hand, WDW has so much more to offer and just gets better. As for the price difference, it's obvious. You pay more for WDW because you get more. I would never pay more then $100 for an AP to US. It just isn't worth it. To each his own anyway. Just means less crowds for me at WDW! LOL!:D

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????!!!!!
We resolve to never spend our $$ at Universal because their employees are unfriendly (And thats the nicest word I could think of).
I agree with Safari Steve.

Are you a teenager? Don't worry, it will pass. :rolleyes:

You will find the magic again thru the eyes of your own kids.

Lies, groundless claims, irrational fallacies, and horrible grammar... I'm not surprised.

What is that all you call, if you may clear it up for me? The claim that VIPs enjoy it all for free at the expense of guests who struggle to pay for a vacation? They say it themselves! In fact in a recent article in a local paper, the reporter noticed how so many people stood in a line to pay outrageous prices at the gate while he and his group came in with all expenses paid for the day. He talked about how the "junketeers" emptied their wallets while not getting a shred of what VIPs enjoy for free.

Is the fact that the most irrational fanatics yell out their loyalty to either park yet not get a shred of what a VIP gets infuriating to you?

I enjoy both parks. Neither pays me a penny to remain absolutely loyal to it, so I will continue to enjoy both and return to the ones I like regardless of what their marketing departments would like me to do. It is my wallet, my vacation and my family and we will visit any park without particular preference of one over the other.
My family loves both parks. During our next vacation, we'll visit both and stay onsite. Universal may not have the Animal Kingdom but Disney does not pamper us like Universal does as resort guests. My children are growing up with the movies they ride at Universal. We see no reason in the world to shut it down because we like Disney too. We were treated in a derrogatory manner once by a Disney CM, never by a Universal CM. That is no reason to shut Disney out of our vacation, however!

Unless you were looking at yourself in the mirror, I'd like to know which of my words fit into your insults! I request that you respect my observations and opinions without derrogatory attacks.

I like UO but I love Disney. You really cannot compare, since UO is much newer and flashy, most of the rides have been designed and created by Stephen Speilberg, which needs no explanation. Yes they are Hi Tech and exciting. We had a blast on all the rides and the front of the line access is great. I also have to say we did both parks in 2 days and that was taking our time. We actually ran out of things to do. After the rides and walking around a bit there is nothing left we went back to our hotel The Portofino and actually had pool time, something we never do when in WDW.
Disney on the other hand has a tremendous emotional energy and history attached to it. You can feel it when you walk down Main Street, at times - when it is less crowded the feeling is overwhelming as it was built with a dream and love. We have found the CM to be just as wonderful and entertaining. Disney is Magic, it it the impossible possible. If you don't believe me, just look into a childs eyes when they see Mickey Mouse - that's what is all about. Its not just rides - its the emotion attached, everyone is young again. There is still no place like it on earth - and believe me I've been looking!

In the future please do not knock anyone's preferences - it is what makes the world go round.

fboy9287,

You go boy! After our last Dis trip, dh & I swore we would never go back, yet here I am planning our next trip. I am sure this will be our last trip to WDW for many years.

In the future please do not knock anyone's preferences - it is what makes the world go round.

I agree! Don't knock anyone's preferences or post personal attacks because there is a disagreement.
Respect even those who like both parks.

fboy9287
I totally respect your opinion.
Although , my opinion is different than yours. I really like to go to Universal and IOA. As a matter of fact, every time we visit WDW we take a day and go to those parks. But the point is I never need more than a day or 2 to get my fill.
USF and IOA are alot of fun and if your are looking for thrill rides, they definitely have better coasters.
WDW on the other hand, in my eyes is pure magic. I'm sorry if you've gotten rude cast members. In the 5 trips that I have taken to WDW I've never experienced a rude cast member. Maybe we've just been lucky.
The theming at wdw is unbelievable. It makes you feel like you are in another world.
The theming at USF and IOA is good but it still feels like an amusement park.
Of course this is just my opinion...and I'm sure many others will disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter