Way Out Here, Eh? - A June 2019 TR *PTR Link Posted

A little late, but Happy Birthday to your mom!!! I have to imagine that being at EPCOT with your family pretty much tops her list of what to do on her special day.

Evie brought the smiles in your character meets! (mostly) (sorry the Bruce picture did not work out)

That is an AWESOME picture of Alex and Landon in front of Test Track.

What a wonderful connection you made with the CM at the Character spot.

Sorry to hear that Landon's second flight on Soarin' was a bust!

Sounds like a pretty decent morning overall.

::yes::

Oh goodie. My daughter’s first taste of coffee. Not one of my prouder parenting moments, but it could have been worse.

I actually think this is pretty funny! Was Evie a fan of it or did she think it tasted bad? Either way, I'm glad you and your mom got to enjoy a fun treat (even if you paid a bit more without your AP).

My mom and I hopped in line and waited patiently for our turn on Soarin’.

:love:

I love Soarin'. I've yet to try the new Soarin' Around the World Since I've not been there since 2016, and I'll probably only get a chance to ride it once on our trip with the little, but I'm so excited to ride it again! (And so thrilled that Patrick is still there!)

The dressing and maintaining of Evie sends fear and panic into Alex’s eyes.

:rotfl2:

I think that's true of nearly all dads! Even with Evie's hair a bit out of place, at least they both look quite happy in the picture... that's something!

“Disney makes rides I don’t like.”

Oh, poor Landon! It's pretty funny that he loves the crazier and darker rides and does NOT like Soarin'. Perhaps the screen makes him feel funny and he doesn't like it? You may still get a chance to ride it with him once it gets quite a bit older - perhaps the dislike with dissipate with time.

Is there anything more iconic to Epcot than this?!

Absolutely not. Great picture!

None of us had gone on it since 2013 and with its impending refurb, we wanted to make sure we didn’t miss one last opportunity.

I also love Spaceship Earth! I'm glad you got a chance to ride it a final time with the Judi Dench overlay. I'm excited yet nervous to see how they'll update it!

Evie's first taste of coffee :rotfl:haha oops!

Sounds like you all were enjoying yourselves! Except Landon after Soarin..you tried to warn him!!

"I put the game in the cabinet over the fridge"

This made me laugh out loud :rotfl2:

Alicia I love your picture of the Monorail and SE. It really is iconic! Sounds like a lovely birthday for your mum and sure a wee slurp of coffee wouldn’t do any harm on a hot Epcot day. Put a bit of ooomph in Evie’s step perhaps :rotfl:

I think it is easy to zone out waiting on rides and Soarin is one of them. I mostly listen to all the people around me, can be very interesting at times :hyper:

I can see how the change of scenes could be scary for a child. It is jarring

I need to get be better about not zoning out in lines.
My mom said she thinks the 3D effects freaked Landon out; he wasn't comfortable with the way he was "getting tricked." :confused3 Although, he's also terrified of heights so I think that plays a big role in it, too.

Did you like it? (Apologies if you have already answered that a dozen times. Just reading the story and not the comments while I attempt to catch up)

Yum, lunch at Le Cellier!!! I haven't eaten there since it became a signature. I did try to make the soup once at home. It was ok, but I didn't use the beer they say is a must, so that may have been a reason it wasn't fabulous.

It was a good show. I'm glad I got to see it once before it went away.

What a bummer that the soup didn't turn out quite the same. Is that one of the dishes you can get at Food and Wine? If so, you'll just have to go back and try some from there rather than battle the "signature pricing" of the restaurant.

He even made a Power Point presentation about why we should go to Disney that year. Anyway, I made a "Flat Ben" and friends, and people from the DIS, took "him" on multiple trips.

This is awesome. I love how he came prepared with well-thought out reasons. And threw in graphics to his pitch...:rotfl:

Just add a stumbling bachelorette party in matching shirts

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Yes, very true!

Can't stop smiling at the story of the plush (in many ways) dog wedding and expectant parenthood. Cracks me up that Landon saw the text from Alex. And of course reminded me of a story.

For some reason, we were punishing my son Nate, by taking away either him game boy or an Xbox game. Can't really remember. But it was shortly after I got a phone that could text. I was driving both boys to a theater rehearsal and a text came in on my phone. Being a responsible driver, I asked Nate to read the text from his father to me.

"I put the game in the cabinet over the fridge"

Hahaha, oh my goodness. So much for that hiding place.

We refer to Starbucks as Fivebucks as I have never spent less than that there, usually more.

That's a very accurate nickname for the place.

Now I need to hear that story!

This "incident" happened the next day on our trip. Evie walked off on Alex at one point and caused pure panic for about 30 seconds. :sad2:

I actually think this is pretty funny! Was Evie a fan of it or did she think it tasted bad?

She did like it. Since then she has taken one or two other sips of my coffee and says "Mmm" afterwards. But I think that might also be because she's trying to imitate me. Because one of the times it was straight up black coffee and I know she wouldn't enjoy that.

I love Soarin'. I've yet to try the new Soarin' Around the World Since I've not been there since 2016, and I'll probably only get a chance to ride it once on our trip with the little, but I'm so excited to ride it again!

I hope you like it! The updated version is good, just try to get concourse B so your one and only turn won't have the crooked buildings.
They kept the soundtrack and Patrick...can't ask for much more than that.

Evie's first taste of coffee :rotfl:haha oops!

Unfortunately, that has not been her only sip. She has since sneaked a few here and there.:rotfl2:

Sounds like a lovely birthday for your mum and sure a wee slurp of coffee wouldn’t do any harm on a hot Epcot day.

I like to think my mom had a good day at Epcot.
It amuses me that Evie likes to sneak sips of coffee, because Landon wants nothing more when he has a cold than a cup of tea, which is Alex's "caffeine" of choice. The boys naturally gravitate to tea and the girls to coffee....:confused3

All caught up! I'm so glad your morning of character M&Gs started off well. Its amazing how much a CMs demeanor can make or break your day, that definitely sounds like golden age of Disney interaction!

Also, the selfie with Landon before TT is adorable. Thats such a fun tradition, they both look so excited!

Sounds like a perfect EPCOT morning!

We've all been there- it's easy to zone out at WDW. There's so much happening and it's usually hot and the days are long and tiring!

I feel like I'm constantly looking at meals we order saying we could've shared something!

Also, the selfie with Landon before TT is adorable. Thats such a fun tradition, they both look so excited!

Sounds like a perfect EPCOT morning!

I'm glad Alex remembered to grab a photo at Test Track!
We couldn't have asked for a better Epcot morning.

I feel like I'm constantly looking at meals we order saying we could've shared something!

When I go up to order I'm usually really hungry, and I let my eyes overrule my brain. :rotfl2:
But then again, my mom and I split a dinner later on in the trip, and we both ended up hungry sooner than the rest of our group. So it really is about knowing the dishes and how large/small they are.

(It’s pretty obvious that this was a Dad only photo encounter, because it never dawned on him to brush Evie’s hair out of her face. The dressing and maintaining of Evie sends fear and panic into Alex’s eyes.)

:rotfl: It's still a sweet photo, but that's funny.

This was the day Landon learned a valuable lesson.

“Disney makes rides I don’t like.”

Poor Landon. :( That's a tough lesson to learn! How dare Disney!

Give the kid drops, turns, darkness and he’s fine. Throw some sand towards a screen and that’s a big NOPE from him. :rotfl2:

That's so funny! Strange what bothers kids and what they're fine with.

Is there anything more iconic to Epcot than this?!

Nope. :cloud9:

Although, Alex dozed off halfway through. So really it was just me enjoying our journey through time in complete peace.

Haha poor Alex! Glad you got to fit in another ride before the refurb. I'm curious to see what changes.

The dressing and maintaining of Evie sends fear and panic into Alex’s eyes.)
Spoiler alert: it doesn’t get any better! I’ve had daughters for 18 years now and the thought of having to do a simple pony tail sends chills down my spine. Of course they’re old enough now to pretty much do their own. The only complicated thing these days is a bun for ballet class but nobody trusts me with that anyway.

Alex and I weren’t aware of it, but this was the beginning of a new trend. Nana was much cooler to hang out with than Mom and Dad.

And that's okay. I hope my bond with my grandchildren can be just as sweet and special!

Oh, Epcot monorail, how I love your two security checkpoints….

:sad2:

Thank goodness for that! I would’ve been in trouble had they not with my overabundance of morning coffee.

:lmao:

Oh how I feel your pain. TTBS* is no joke!

(*Teeny Tiny Bladder Syndrome)

Upon leaving, I tried to get Evie to take a picture in Bruce’s mouth. The area was completely empty and there was a PP photographer hanging about, just waiting for someone to walk up.

I have NEVER seen it devoid of riff-raff. ;) I'd love to have the area all to myself for a decent photo!

Ahhhhh, schooled by a novice Disney goer. My shame knows no bounds…

LOL!!! Ouch!

My mom and I realized right away that we should have split one, because neither of us ate more than half of the rice or the beef.

I have gotten in the habit of asking to see the portion size if it's reasonable to do so. That way we can judge and make appropriate orders. Throwing away food is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

Hey Alicia :wave2:

Okay, so I’ve been awol on here but managed to read through your current TR whilst getting my hair done this morning :yay:

I’ll try and remember as much of what I read...my age is catching up with me!! Yay on being able to go Disney with just yourself and Alex. Aaw on Evie being poorly but think she wanted you to leave regardless. Ah Evie’s poses had me rofl though at the character spot she seems to be in her element and smiling for the photos :thumbsup2

Landon is clever figuring out you were at Disney and I love the pics of AKL...can’t wait to stay there in September!!

I’ve still not ridden R&RC. I didn’t want to ride it solo on my last trip but I’m hoping to ride it with my sister this time around. Ah spaghetti being banned at Nana’s because of one spaghetti being eaten at a time :rotfl2:

The ringing the hotel for the bus scenario left me speechless but hey ho. Love that you got a reservation at Le Cellier...seems like you guys had a great time and I’m definitely going to try Tusker beer on your recommendations.

I’m sure there’s stuff I’ve forgotten (oh yeah I remembered...the CM asking you where you’re from and then regretting asking!! :laughing:) but glad you had a good time in Minnesota.

Love the Epcot pics from your time together as a family and I love people watching at that park...it’s great! Sure there’s more to comment on but looking forward to reading along for the rest of your report :goodvibes

So behind around here, so no quotes but I’m finally all caught up!

I love that you had a DIS meet when you were visiting family how fun!

love how excited the kids were to see you when you meet back up at Disney! Mom guilt is really, but it’s also so nice to get a short break sometimes!

I haven’t had my kid drink my coffee yet, but her head did get stuck looking at those ducks on trip, she stuck her head right in that rail! Scariest 15 seconds of my life! So you know Epcot is a good spot for quality patently moments!

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip!

What a fun morning at Epcot! How wonderful to be at Epcot with your mom on her birthday (even if she had to buy her own present ;)) I love the picture with Ralph, even with Evie's messy hair - I think there might even be a smile under there.

My 5-year-old did not like Soarin' much either - the eagle that flies past during one scene startled him so he never wants to ride it again. He can do Big Thunder just fine, but no thanks on that CGI bird.

We made an error similar to yours with the Mongolian Beef - we ordered 3 fajita platters at Pecos Bill in MK when 2 would have been more than enough to share.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your day!

That's so funny! Strange what bothers kids and what they're fine with.

It's been interesting watching what bothers/doesn't bother each kid, and how those fears change or go away as they get older.

Spoiler alert: it doesn’t get any better! I’ve had daughters for 18 years now and the thought of having to do a simple pony tail sends chills down my spine. Of course they’re old enough now to pretty much do their own. The only complicated thing these days is a bun for ballet class but nobody trusts me with that anyway.

:rotfl2: :rotfl:
Those dance buns are tricky! Even I have trouble with them.
Poor Alex was asked to braid Evie's hair one day, and he sat in the chair trying to do it, yelling, "I have monster hands! I can't do it!"

I have NEVER seen it devoid of riff-raff. ;) I'd love to have the area all to myself for a decent photo!

I think this was the first time I had ever seen that area empty. Shame my kid didn't understand the rarity of the moment...:laughing:

I have gotten in the habit of asking to see the portion size if it's reasonable to do so. That way we can judge and make appropriate orders. Throwing away food is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

That's a good idea; I'm right there with you on wasting food. We've gotten to the point where we take bags and/or containers out with us to bring any uneaten food back with us.

Hey Alicia :wave2:

Okay, so I’ve been awol on here but managed to read through your current TR whilst getting my hair done this morning :yay:

Glad to see you here! Thanks so much for hopping along. :goodvibes

I haven’t had my kid drink my coffee yet, but her head did get stuck looking at those ducks on trip, she stuck her head right in that rail! Scariest 15 seconds of my life! So you know Epcot is a good spot for quality patently moments!

Oh no!!! I can totally see that happening, though. Kids see those railings and are like, "Hmm, my head could totally fit through there." :sad2::rotfl:

My 5-year-old did not like Soarin' much either - the eagle that flies past during one scene startled him so he never wants to ride it again. He can do Big Thunder just fine, but no thanks on that CGI bird.

I think the combination of being up high and 3D effects really messes with some kids. Landon liked Philarmagic which had the stuff coming at him, so I can only assume it was the height that added to the fear. :confused3

Finally caught up!

That's too bad about Landon and Soarin'! I would have assumed he liked it.

I was bummed he didn't enjoy Soarin' but I guess I can't win them all. He loves thunder, which the most important thing. :rotfl:
(And because her brother hates it, Evie swears she is going to LOVE Soarin'....)

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the long absence. I wish I was writing to say that I had an update coming, but unfortunately I have no idea when I'll have a free moment to sit and write.

Over Thanksgiving break, my family went up to Scotland for a long weekend:

The area was beautiful; we loved it so much we are trying to go back over Spring Break! I would highly recommend a tour through the country if you're in England or Ireland.

The trip put me behind last week (hence why there's no update) and then Winter activities filled our weekend. The kids saw Frozen 2 yesterday, and we have been forced to listen to Into the Unknown approximately 200 times already...

Alex had to work during the base's holiday party, and his job turned out to be pretty entertaining:

I won't lie, giving a Santa Stormtrooper a kiss goodbye was pretty weird! :rotfl2:

In a last bit of news, as most of you all know, Landon has an eye condition that was diagnosed when he was 5 months old. Since then he has sported nifty glasses:

Unfortunately, over the summer the condition worsened and he reached his max strength in prescription glasses. This means that next week he will have surgery to try and repair the issue. It's a fairly basic procedure, and I scheduled it right before Winter Break so he'll only have to miss the last 4 days of school and then have two full weeks of recovery at home.
This is the first time any of the kids have to had to have any sort of medical procedure, so I'm a little nervous but hopeful this will help alleviate some of Landon's ongoing symptoms. (He's been getting a lot of headaches and blinking a lot.)
But because of this, I have no clue when I'll catch up to this report or remain current on everyone else's. Please bear with me; I'll get there, eventually! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter