*warning* vent/whine

casndan

Mouseketeer
Ok so I'm doing a whole lot of feeling sorry for myself this week, all I can think is that DH would have been home any day now if it weren't for this stupid extension, I've cried probably 5 times today, not like bawl my eyes out cry or anything, just kinda get a little misty eyed. My DH will have been gone for a year on Monday the 8th...a YEAR, I read about all the other deployments...4 months, 6 months, 7 months, and I'm so jealous I can't even breathe, the holidays at this point seem almost unbearable, it will be the 2nd year in a row without my husband :guilty: I'm just not sure why its necessary, or why deployments can't be the same across the board, why is 15 months fair for the Army when every other service is doing half that, I'd seriously prefer more frequent deployments to such an incredibly long one, and we're still only guaranteed 12 months of them being home...Ok now that I've probably made some people mad, I'll stop with my little rant, I just really needed to let it out...

On a more positive note, deaths in Iraq are down by 50% and thats always a good thing...

I'm sorry you're feeling bad, I think I'll probably feel that way when we hit a year, too and I start thinking "he would've been home if it weren't for the stupid extension". Just try to think positive, you're at a year so there's only 3 more left, you've made it this far so those last three will be a piece of cake. Actually I'm a little jealous of where you're at, I'm not quite at halfway yet, dreaming of R&R right now.

I have had those thoughts, too, about why the different branches are deployed for different lengths of times so no flaming here. The pat answer is "they have different missions" which doesn't console me much at all so I won't try to feed it to you either, lol.

:grouphug: Not much longer.

My DBF will have been gone a year on the 8th too...and the sucky part about it is that when he is supposed to be back in January, I'm moving for school...

*hug*

3 months are gonna go by semi fast..

I feel for you. My hubby was active duity Air Force for 4 years, the longest he was gone was 4 months.

Now he is in the Air National Guard. He has gone for 3+ months at a time which isn't bad... not the 2 weeks that we were told it would be, but still not the year or more.

This is the first year that he will miss 3 out of 4 of our kids birthdays and Christmas. But I am very thankful that it won't be more than that.

Like I said, I feel for you all that have your "other half" away for so long at a time. I know that there is nothing that I can say or do to make it any better, but know that we do feel for you and Thank you for giving up so much for everyone else.

:hug: I'm sorry... This is why I try not to complain about our deployments too much. But just so you know, frequent deployments aren't much better. It is pretty hard to get used to them being gone just to have them come home, then get used to them being home and then they leave again. We've been doing two months gone, 2-3 months home for 3.5 years, and the pace definitely gets to you.

For the record, though, at least with my husband's plane, they run out of hours they're legally allowed to fly the plane in combat after about two months, so they need to switch out crews that often according to the rules. Though my husband told me back in Vietnam, once you had flown 100 combat missions, you got to go home permanently. He'll hit 200 combat sorties this upcoming deployment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter