War between computer software defies common sense (VENT)

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
I am have a procedure being done on June 13 that requires pre-medication.
The Doctor sent in the prescriptions. His software required he enter a procedure date, he can't leave that field blank.
The Pharmacy software won't let them fill the prescription until the procedure date. They suggest leaving the procedure date blank. They say that date is only needed if the prescription is for a "controlled" substance. None of the four medications is a controlled substance.
I need to take my first dose of the pre-medication at 1:30 am on the day of the procedure and the procedure is at 5:30 am so clearly I am at a standoff right now.
Lots of phone messages left by all involved. Wish me luck.

Tell the doctor's office to set the procedure date for June 12. Surely the prescription software isn't tied to the procedure schedule software.
It apparently is linked.
However, good news. Doctors office just called. They called the pharmacy and in the process of the call found a workaround. Not sure what it was, and I won't know until I go back to the pharmacy and leave with the prescriptions in my hand if it worked.

Well, success. Apparently someone in the Doctor's office talked the Pharmacy through the Pharmacy's software and showed them how they medications can be distributed without regard to the procedure date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter