Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

For MK early admission, how long before park open would you leave for each of these? What about for AK? How busy are the BC/YC busses at park open?

1. Uber/Lyft to TTC (or Contemporary? Still unclear if we can Lyft to CR then walk);
2. Bus from BC/YC?

Costco limited time offer, which must be booked by 12/08/2021:

View attachment 628501
I saw this deal on Saturday. Called and cancelled my booking then rebooked. It was the same price as their Thanksgiving week special but now with the resort credit which I didn’t want to miss out on. I was kind of regretting not getting G+ so I added that to my tickets for the new booking. It’s $13 plus 13% tax ($14.69/day) instead of $15 ($16.95/day with tax).

You must buy tickets with them for this deal
Yes but the Costco package is cheaper than pricing individually, even getting tickets from an authorized discount retailer like UT or Sam’s Club and the room using the AAA discount through Marriott. For my dates in September at least. It wouldn’t work for those with APs. It does allow you to purchase 1-day single park tickets though.

OK - I have officially sold Swan/Dolphin to my friend, but she is very hesitant due to the bus situation to MK. She is going there two of her three park days. What is the "easiest" option for her so I can pitch it to her and convince her to stay here! She wants a direct route to MK, not to TTC. Her second choice is Grand Destino Tower. Any thoughts?

We’re just back from an eleven night stay at Swan. Our three MK days we walked to Boardwalk for the bus and returned the same way, including twice after the Merriest parties. It was easy if you don’t mind that extra bit of walking.

Not that you asked, but for AK we got on the bus at Swan and took the Boardwalk bus back at the end of the day. The bus stops first at Swan, then Dolphin, then Swan Reserve.

For those that have experienced issues purchasing ILL$ at 7AM, was it only on arrival day, first park day at least a day after arrival, or random days during your stay? I’m trying to figure out a rhyme or reason for the technical issues.

We arrive on a Saturday but our first park day will likely be on Sunday so we can have a mid-week break (leaning towards Tuesday so we don’t miss out on the extended evening hours on Wed). I’m still on the fence about spending the extra money for ILL$. I’m sure I’ll be stalking wait times in the days (who am I kidding?…weeks 🙃) leading up to our trip.
I never saw mine fall off any before the trip. Checked in the night before arrival and the next morning was able to buy ILL$ for arrival evening. Checked at 6:45 the next morning and it was gone. When I tried to buy ROTR ILL$ at 7:00 it was gone.

160 minute wait time on phone so hung up (after being disconnected the first time I called). Went to GET and they did nothing. About 3 hours later, it reappeared. I’m not convinced when you call or text that they actually DO anything specific to your account. I think sometimes it just “fixes” itself. Not a good answer,I know.

Does anyone have experience shipping boxes to themselves at Dolphin? Do the boxes go to a business center or will it be at the front desk if I label it for a guest arrival?
I’m not seeing an answer so I’ll take a stab…I haven’t done this recently, but last time we stayed, packages all went to the business center and there was a “small” fee for pickup (seems like $10). Also you had to go downstairs to the business center during business hours to pick it up; Bell services couldn’t bring it. Was kind of a pain but could be worth it, depending on what you need.

Also, when we checked in two weeks ago, I was highly amused to see that all available space behind/beside the bell stand was completely full of deliveries for people (I guess grocery orders) and it was almost totally bottles of water 🤣 it looked like we were prepping for a hurricane LOL

I talked to guest services yesterday. She said that if I can see the same conf # in Bonvoy and MDE apps and all my guests are linked to that hotel/reservation in MDE then we shouldn't have any issues with early entry, Genie+/LL, anything like that. I have no idea if on site SD folks have the best line of sight but she was very helpful on a number of questions and willing to say when she didn't know the answer.

@CBMom01 recently SDR made changes to its policies on package and grocery deliveries. They no longer charge for grocery deliveries, but the term "package" is used both for grocery deliveries as well as shippping, so this is where it gets a bit confusing. But it does appear you will be charged as @cgattis mentioned for a package. I will say it's still a bit confusing, so this might be a good opportunity to use the Text Us! feature in the SDR app. If you do contact them please let us know.

From the Business Center Page
Delivery of Packages For Our Guests
Please note the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin accepts packages for our guests, however we are unable to accommodate any deliveries that require refrigeration of any kind.

From the 11th Hour Handling Fees PDF (be sure to read this before shipping)
Packages shipped to the Swan and Dolphin Resort are received by 11th Hour Business Center and may be picked up in the Business Center or delivered to guests in rooms…

All packages will be weighed upon arrival and handling fees will be assessed upon delivery.

GROCERY DELIVERIES (Amazon, Instacart, Shipt, etc.):
Guests are encouraged to schedule grocery deliveries when they will be available to receive items from the delivery driver. When guests are not present to receive deliveries from the delivery driver, grocery items will be held at Bell Services until picked up or delivery is requested by the guest. Refrigeration is not provided. The Resort is not responsible for damaged or unusable perishable items.

I talked to guest services yesterday. She said that if I can see the same conf # in Bonvoy and MDE apps and all my guests are linked to that hotel/reservation in MDE then we shouldn't have any issues with early entry, Genie+/LL, anything like that. I have no idea if on site SD folks have the best line of sight but she was very helpful on a number of questions and willing to say when she didn't know the answer.
Sooo I called the resort prior to arrival and made sure everyone was on the reservation and the reservation # matched. I was at GS in Disney Springs to show Florida ID’s for tickets and they made sure everything was correct. When I arrived at the hotel, 2 people at the front desk triple checked everything. And still I was unable to make ILL at 7. I really think it might be a Swan Reserve problem?? But I’m not sure what else I could have done. I had read threads that other people had issues with the Marriott hotels, which is why I kept checking. Hopefully they fixed the problem. Really hope you do not have booking issues because unfortunately they just don’t care.

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere (but not sure if it was in this thread or another group) that the linens at Reserve are not as luxurious as the Swan/Dolphin, that they are a blanket instead of the plush comforter. Can anyone confirm this? If so, I might seriously consider a stop on the way from the airport to buy some cheap comforters for 8 nights of sleep. Although I’m sure we could ask for extra blankets, it’s just not the same as a comforter to us for sleeping.

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere (but not sure if it was in this thread or another group) that the linens at Reserve are not as luxurious as the Swan/Dolphin, that they are a blanket instead of the plush comforter. Can anyone confirm this? If so, I might seriously consider a stop on the way from the airport to buy some cheap comforters for 8 nights of sleep. Although I’m sure we could ask for extra blankets, it’s just not the same as a comforter to us for sleeping.
You are correct; there is just a thin cotton blanket (resembling institutional bed covering) on each bed.

This video provides a very good room tour, and at about the 6:00 mark addresses the bedding.

Though there are many reviews with concerns about the lack of staff, malfunctions, and other temporary issues, the bedding is the property’s standard. I can attest that there have been many nights, year round, when the down comforters have been needed at the Swan. I can’t imagine why the Swan Reserve would be any different.

On a follow-up video, there is mention of complimentary shuttle service available from the Reserve to the Swan, Dolphin, BC, and YC. The van ride over to the BC is a great option for EP visits; it is quicker and more convenient than walking to EP, or taking the Friendship boat from the Swan/Dolphin dock. I wonder if the shuttle van also is available for Swan/Dolphin guests.

Last edited:
You are correct; there is just a thin cotton blanket (resembling institutional bed covering) on each bed.

This video provides a very good room tour, and at about the 6:00 mark addresses the bedding.

Though there are many reviews with concerns about the lack of staff, malfunctions, and other temporary issues, the bedding is the property’s standard. I can attest that there have been many nights, year round, when the down comforters have been needed at the Swan. I can’t imagine why the Swan Reserve would be any different.

On a follow-up video, there is mention of complimentary shuttle service available from the Reserve to the Swan, Dolphin, BC, and YC. The van ride over to the BC is a great option for EP visits; it is quicker and more convenient than walking to EP, or taking the Friendship boat from the Swan/Dolphin dock. I wonder if the shuttle van also is available for Swan/Dolphin guests.
Thank you so much for the video share! The comforter situation is close to a deal breaker for me, as well as the glass shower doors for a family of 4 when trying to get ready at the same time, with the sink being in the same room. Maybe I should switch back to the Swan. Points are the same right now for both resorts for our week. Hmmmm….

Thank you so much for the video share! The comforter situation is close to a deal breaker for me, as well as the glass shower doors for a family of 4 when trying to get ready at the same time, with the sink being in the same room. Maybe I should switch back to the Swan. Points are the same right now for both resorts for our week. Hmmmm….
Don’t forget the Swan’s extra sink/vanity on the other side of the bathroom door, so two people can get ready at separate sinks at the same time. The Reserve Traditional rooms only have that single sink inside the bathroom.

The Reserve reviews on Marriott’s site are about half positive and half negative. You may want to skim through them.

I am booked at the Swan on the 21. It was the ONLY room I could find at the time (months ago) and it is through Expedia (non cancelable). Was booked at the Dolphin from the 22-26. Could NOT justify paying $518.00 for room, + tax, + resort fee ( we are talking over $600.00) for just 1 night. The 25th. So, I canceled the Dolphin today and booked at the Swan from the 22-25. Saved a $570.00. Will just stay down the road at Universal Studios Dockside for $139.00 on the 25th. All we were going to do is get up in the morning and start the long drive. And we are arriving a day earlier to Orlando, the 20th, and will stay at Universal Dockside for $124.00.
Now the fun task of making sure the reservation shows up on the Disney app.
Everyday I check the app to see if both reservations (prior to today's change) are still showing. I have had to re-add a few times.

An observation:
I had a Swan stay last year, could never get it to link to MDE, ended up calling.
Dolphin stay this year, did not have to call, but it was ~3 weeks before the reservation existed on the Disney side and MDE could "find" it when I linked.

Well, due to unfortunate circumstances, I have to cancel the Dolphin trip. Cancelled the reservation on Marriott yesterday, and it was gone from MDE within like an hour.

Why does it take so long to show up in Disney's systems, but is deleted almost instantly when cancelled? 🤔

@empedocles my understanding is the systems are not link and it has to be manually entered, so removing it is easy compared to the input.

so glad I obsessively check prices every day. I just saved $158 for my 5 night stay 12/17 to 12/22 at the Swan. Once I changed my current ressie to the lower price it then said the resort was out of rooms. I'm sure it really isn't but I'm so glad a snagged a better price. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I wonder how hard to would be to switch a package ressie from CSR to Swan to get the extended hours. Feels like too many things could go wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter