Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

View attachment 320135 View attachment 320136

There were plenty of lounge chairs and a few umbrellas at each pool. There also seemed to be some lounges under the rock where the waterfall is.

That looks perfect! I've been sick so on antibiotics which make me sun sensitive :rolleyes2:sad1: so I'll need to get in some shade. We are hitting the pool in the morning so hopefully early enough to get an umbrella. Thanks for taking the time to post those photos! :wave2:

I was trying to add a few days to my hotel stay that I booked through hotwire because I was able to get a few nights off work before my trip. When I sign into hotwire, the option is there to add some days, but when I click it, it takes me back to the beginning and I'm going in circles. I have a feeling that I waited too long after I booked to do this (I booked it on 4/10), but it's still giving me a link to add a day, so I'm not sure. If I have to add directly through the Dolphin I will, but obviously the hotwire rate was better. Any ideas?

I booked the Dolphin a while back through a Hotwire hot deal, which could be narrowed down to the Dolphin because of the number of Tripadvisor reviews it showed. However, when I look at Hotwire's hot deals now, it doesn't show the number of Tripadvisor reviews anymore which makes it a lot trickier to find out exactly which hotel the hot deal is. Is this a new change at Hotwire?

I booked the Dolphin a while back through a Hotwire hot deal, which could be narrowed down to the Dolphin because of the number of Tripadvisor reviews it showed. However, when I look at Hotwire's hot deals now, it doesn't show the number of Tripadvisor reviews anymore which makes it a lot trickier to find out exactly which hotel the hot deal is. Is this a new change at Hotwire?
I noticed that too. Perhaps the hotels were complaining about the non- opaqueness of the "opaque" booking. :)

However, when I look at Hotwire's hot deals now, it doesn't show the number of Tripadvisor reviews anymore which makes it a lot trickier to find out exactly which hotel the hot deal is. Is this a new change at Hotwire?
Yes, Hotwire is on to us.

Currently there are no offering for the Swan or Dolphin showing up as Hot Rates, they are only showing as "Named" results when you scroll down the results pages. It appears they have filled their base room occupancy loads for now but keep checking back as inventory can change due to factors like Convention room holds being released or Convention dates being adjusted.

Note: When reviewing Hot Rates, you can still find the Dolphin due to it's unique bedding choices. A basic room at the Dolphin has 2 Double beds listed but on Hotwire they list the option as Full Beds. The second clue is the $32 Resort Fee in addition to the option of Full Beds. There is another hotel in the Bonnet Creek area that also has a $32 Fee, the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort, Bonnet Creek. It also lists bedding choices as Queen, King and Queen + 1 Bunkbed or King + 1 Bunkbed.

Disclaimers: All Hotwire information is subject to change so do your homework and please don't blame us if you hit the wrong Hot Rate! One more hint: if you feel lucky but are still not 100% confident, try booking 1 night for your arrival date and if it is actually the Swan / Dolphin then you can book more days. Worst case you spend your arrival night right next to Disney World.

Dave

713C14A2-C297-44D8-A605-24EDAD531AA7.jpeg DA3EF0C3-1A69-495D-B650-0B1DC20F5827.jpeg F4C0B4F6-7466-41C3-90F3-17BE392D2B04.jpeg FE107C33-6E6E-4245-8F1E-3CCF8A1FA2F7.jpeg 2AE47D9F-1CED-4DFF-A858-0BC3A50DB336.jpeg

Loved our time in the cabana today! We checked in at the Cabana bar and were walked over by our server for the day, Paul. We were totally pampered with drink and food service and fresh fruit delivered as part of our rental. The view was gorgeous as we were facing the waterfall. The pool water was the perfect temp and it was super convenient to head back to our shaded cabana when the sun was shining down on all the other open chairs.

We are 90% sure we will be renting tomorrow too!

View attachment 320208 View attachment 320209 View attachment 320210 View attachment 320211 View attachment 320212

Loved our time in the cabana today! We checked in at the Cabana bar and were walked over by our server for the day, Paul. We were totally pampered with drink and food service and fresh fruit delivered as part of our rental. The view was gorgeous as we were facing the waterfall. The pool water was the perfect temp and it was super convenient to head back to our shaded cabana when the sun was shining down on all the other open chairs.

We are 90% sure we will be renting tomorrow too!

Wow, doesn't look too crowded! I'll be sitting there under an umbrella Friday ! Just curious what time did you get to the pool, looks like lots of seats available?

Wow, doesn't look too crowded! I'll be sitting there under an umbrella Friday ! Just curious what time did you get to the pool, looks like lots of seats?
I got here around 10:15 am and there were PLENTY of seats. Even now, at 2:00, there are a decent number of seats, although most aren’t shaded.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the approximate cost of renting a cabana. Also, is it an hourly rate, or a daily rate? Thanks
It was $100 for 4 hours (we did 10 am-2 pm) and $150 for “full day” which is 9 am-6 pm. I am charging it to my room and they said they will give me a bill at the end of the rental which will include the food and drinks we got. He did say we will get the TIW discount for all of it.

We had to go to the Cabana Bar to rent. We called concierge and she had no idea who we would call to book so I just ran down yesterday and asked.

I got here around 10:15 am and there were PLENTY of seats. Even now, at 2:00, there are a decent number of seats, although most aren’t shaded.

Awesome, hope to be at the pool no later than 10am Friday... and Saturday if it doesn't rain. Forecast looks a bit dicey this weekend :worried:

Have a fun rest of the day!!

My trip later this month is at BWV. I would love to book a cabana for an afternoon at the pool. If only pool hopping were allowed...:beach:

It was $100 for 4 hours (we did 10 am-2 pm) and $150 for “full day” which is 9 am-6 pm. I am charging it to my room and they said they will give me a bill at the end of the rental which will include the food and drinks we got. He did say we will get the TIW discount for all of it.

We had to go to the Cabana Bar to rent. We called concierge and she had no idea who we would call to book so I just ran down yesterday and asked.
Good to know. Thanks! Maybe we will check it out when we are there.

Yep! We got 20% off the whole thing but did pay an 18% service charge (which included gratuity) on the whole thing as well.

I thought it was worth it for the shade and the space and the fact that we did not have to run around looking for chairs near an umbrella!

Wait a minute... does the Cabana Bar honor TIW for just a regular bar tab?! That would be amazing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter