Walmart Return Policy. Ugh!

You two act like it's only an evil empire thing, companies all over the nation cut employee hours to not pay out benefits. My aunt was one of them, fighting tooth and nail to get the hours she needed for health insurance. It wasn't a retail chain, but a national company, with a nice hefty stock price.

I will give Disney the benefit that they do offer amazing insurance benefits to the employees, full or part time. If you're hired for full time, you can't get less than 32 hrs. The health insurance is very cheap in comparison, with many onsite options. They opened a health clinic behind Epcot for any CM.
Their pay is extremely pitiful. There's some CM's with 20 years seniority getting maybe just a couple dollars ahead of a new CM because they're capped out. Part of that is from the unions though, and raises are like 25 cents a year. It's possible to get a $1 extra per hour if you get coordinator or trainer, but only when you're scheduled as one.

There's a hotel on 192, one of those weekly places. Not only are there tons of CM's standing at the Lynx bus stop, the school buses also stop there to pick up the kids.

Being a Disney CM is not for any one that has a family. It works well for the college program, single/young adults starting out (willing to find roommates), and retired people who don't require the money. And there's a lot of jobs like this all across the nation.

Even Papa Johns was in the news when Obamacare was being talked about. How it would require them to raise the price of a pizza 14 cents to allow employees insurance.

You two act like it's only an evil empire thing, companies all over the nation cut employee hours to not pay out benefits. My aunt was one of them, fighting tooth and nail to get the hours she needed for health insurance. It wasn't a retail chain, but a national company, with a nice hefty stock price.

I will give Disney the benefit that they do offer amazing insurance benefits to the employees, full or part time. If you're hired for full time, you can't get less than 32 hrs. The health insurance is very cheap in comparison, with many onsite options. They opened a health clinic behind Epcot for any CM.
Their pay is extremely pitiful. There's some CM's with 20 years seniority getting maybe just a couple dollars ahead of a new CM because they're capped out. Part of that is from the unions though, and raises are like 25 cents a year. It's possible to get a $1 extra per hour if you get coordinator or trainer, but only when you're scheduled as one.

There's a hotel on 192, one of those weekly places. Not only are there tons of CM's standing at the Lynx bus stop, the school buses also stop there to pick up the kids.

Being a Disney CM is not for any one that has a family. It works well for the college program, single/young adults starting out (willing to find roommates), and retired people who don't require the money. And there's a lot of jobs like this all across the nation.

Even Papa Johns was in the news when Obamacare was being talked about. How it would require them to raise the price of a pizza 14 cents to allow employees insurance.

I know lots of companies do it. I am sure Disney does it, but I love Disney. I don't love Walmart. Lots of companies aren't for people that are raising families or supporting families. But not all of these companies are filled with crap like Walmart . I bet Costco isn't made for that either, but it is considered a very good place to work. Walmart is crap, plain and simple. If they paid their workers top dollar and you could support a family of 6 on what a sales assoc made and changed nothing else, I wouldn't shop there.

People at Disney seem friendly and helpful, at my Walmart, they look like they would be just as happy to shoot you as to help you. NOt all but most employees have this look, and I can only assume that it is because Walmart treats them like crap. I have no desire to shop at a place that is filled with sub par quality items and employees that are ruder than anything I have ever seen and wait in lines that are 15 people deep and have them refuse to open more lines. Just not worth my time. YMMV.

OP it was Christmas gift, that you got 2 of for Christmas you want to return one because you don't need two. No you did't get any receipts. they just told you where they bought it, walmart.

That doesn't work at Walmart and most other places any more for electronics as they scan the serial number when you buy it. The serial number tells them exactly when the item was purchased. My dad got my mom a camera for Christmas last year and she tried returning it to Walmart with a receipt. She was told she could not return it because it was past the return time. She tried returning it without a receipt and was told no after they scanned the serial number and found out when it was sold. They do this also so that you can not buy a new one and use the new package to return an old one that is not working.

I bought my dad a Wii a couple of years ago for Christmas. I found it cheaper at Walmart after buying one at Target. The Target one was already wrapped so I tried returning the new one I had bought unopened to Target and was told I could not because the serial number showed it was not bought there.

They would not accept all the things you mentioned at any of the Sams in this area without receipts. I tried returning a hall runner (misplaced receipt) and none of them would accept it. I can understand 1 food item ( that may or may not have been bad) a whole trunk load of items - no way. They're not that lenient.

Sam's Club can look up all of your purchases on their computer by using your Sam's membership number. You do usually have to ask for them to do so though. My husband got a new cell from there last year. He is under his mom's family plan but he used his Sam's membership card to buy it. When he went in for a price adjustment they were able to look it up using his membership card without him having a receipt.

Your son might not need the insurance, but many of his coworkers do. Which makes a WalMart job a poor one for many people. I know that in WI our state health care system was full of people who worked 'almost full time' at WalMart so WI taxpayers had to pay for their family's medical I durance instead if one of the biggest corporations in the world.

It is everywhere not just in retail that people can not get insurance. More and more places do not offer insurance and if they do it is not affordable. My husband has worked through temp. agencies for most of his career and has not been offered insurance through most of them. The one's that did it was not affordable nor did it cover very much. Also some offered it but you had to work for a certain period of time with not even a day of unemployment. Hard to do when you are working temp. and your contract ends before the time is up and you have time off between jobs. Unfortunately more and more companies are using these agencies for various reasons.

I know lots of companies do it. I am sure Disney does it, but I love Disney. I don't love Walmart. Lots of companies aren't for people that are raising families or supporting families. But not all of these companies are filled with crap like Walmart . I bet Costco isn't made for that either, but it is considered a very good place to work. Walmart is crap, plain and simple. If they paid their workers top dollar and you could support a family of 6 on what a sales assoc made and changed nothing else, I wouldn't shop there.

People at Disney seem friendly and helpful, at my Walmart, they look like they would be just as happy to shoot you as to help you. NOt all but most employees have this look, and I can only assume that it is because Walmart treats them like crap. I have no desire to shop at a place that is filled with sub par quality items and employees that are ruder than anything I have ever seen and wait in lines that are 15 people deep and have them refuse to open more lines. Just not worth my time. YMMV.

Our last few trips to Disney we have run into more and more unfriendly CM's. Esp. the wait staff. They seem to be the rudest in our experience. Also the quality of items in this country has gone down everywhere not just at Walmart. Many of the items sold at Walmart are also sold at upper end stores just for a higher price and with a different name attached. Clothes/shoes esp. are made in the same factory at the same exact time. They just put a different tag on it depending on what store it is going to. Depending on the store it is going to decides the price. The same shirt at Walmart might be 5-10.00 but at JcPenney or Old Navy it will sell for much much more. Not because it is any better quality but because it has a different name attached. People get it in their heads that one name is better quality than another when really they are identical other than the label placed on them. It is the same with most food items. The generics are made by the brand names. Example: Stroehmann bread makes Walmart's Great Value Bread. It is made at the same exact time just put in a different bag. I know this because we had a friend that worked there.

It is everywhere not just in retail that people can not get insurance. More and more places do not offer insurance and if they do it is not affordable. My husband has worked through temp. agencies for most of his career and has not been offered insurance through most of them. The one's that did it was not affordable nor did it cover very much. Also some offered it but you had to work for a certain period of time with not even a day of unemployment. Hard to do when you are working temp. and your contract ends before the time is up and you have time off between jobs. Unfortunately more and more companies are using these agencies for various reasons.
Yes, but the owners of those places don't have more wealth than the bottom 40% of the American public combined. That's what chaps me the most. The SIX WalWart heirs are worth a whopping 89.5 Billion (with a "B") but they can't pay their people a living wage.

FTR, I have never had an issue returning something to Target without a receipt. They look up the sale using my credit card and refund the money to the card. I even returned an iPad case I bought at home to a Florida location and they calculated the tax correctly!

In its not just Walmart worth billions, companies all over the US are worth billions and they still don't provide insurance, guarenteed work hours, or enough pay to cover the rent. This country is full of "teenager" jobs, but are fulfilled by an adult probably with a family. Hate on all the national chains, not just Walmart.

The main reason why every one at Disney is so perky, it's not because they happy but because they're forced to. It's a repimandable offence to not smile. I had a manager complain I wasn't smiling when I was on break. I told him "it's my time and I want to be miserable down here. That doesn't mean i'm not smiling up there" (I was in the tunnel at MK). And The Walt Disney company is worth billions as well, and very few execs get paid a living wage. 99% of those you meet in the parks are not earning a decent wage. Including managers.

There's no such thing as underpaid. Clearly, people accept the pay that WM gives them (which is arguably overpaid because the government idioticly believes minimum wage helps people) and do their job. So sad that people like you think you know better.

And, yes, Disney is known for also paying its workers very little, and many are on food stamps and/or other forms of government welfare. One family that works at Disneyland was featured in an HBO documentary film called "Homeless: The Motel Kids of Orange County."

So now that you know that Disney employees "suffer" just like those at Wal Mart, I assume you won't be giving any of your money to Disney now, right?

Oh, wait, I forget, only hating on Wal Mart is cool among the snobs. Never mind it provides jobs to millions of Americans and affordable access to consumer goods, grocery and pharmacy items to rural America that it would never otherwise have.

Wow, I am so glad I am a "snob" per you. Sorry but you don't know me and I am not a snob. Walmart undercuts many mom and pop stores as well as other stores and does so by not paying their employees or giving their employees the benefits like healthcare. I choose to shop elsewhere because I hate Walmart for various reasons and their employees do not seem happy. I also do not find that many Walmart products have a very good quality and I can find a better quality item elsewhere for relatively the same cost. There are also a different caliber of shoppers at my Target than at Walmart.

As for Disney, I only go when I can afford it and get the military tickets/rates. Sorry but just as everywhere else there will be some that are underpaid and yes there is such a thing as underpaid.

FTR, I have never had an issue returning something to Target without a receipt. They look up the sale using my credit card and refund the money to the card. I even returned an iPad case I bought at home to a Florida location and they calculated the tax correctly!

I only once had an issue but the customer service manager took the time to help me and got the refund done as the item was not coming up with my card. It turned out to be a glitch in the electronics computer but I had the copy of the tranasction from the credit card company (receipt went missing and Ipod touch did not work upon opening). It all worked out great and I was just trying to exchange the problem item.

We were trying to exchange an electric scooter my son received for Christmas. It didn't work and we just wanted one that did. My sister bought it on sale on black friday so I didn't want a refund, I wanted the same thing in an exchange.

I had the receipt my sister gave me. We checked online and it said they had it in stock at the store we were going too. They also had it available online. When we got there they couldn't find the 7 that it said they had in stock. None of the other stores had one either. In the end we got the next one up for an even exchange. I wasn't expecting that and had expected to pay the difference.

Now why I won't shop there again. Right before Christmas we were there shopping and when we swiped our card their system went bonkers, locked up. Come to find out they took double out of our account. That was a pain to get resolved. Two trips to my bank and two to that walmart. Being told it was our fault.... insufficient funds, hold on my card, bank's fault, the company that is the go between with Walmart and the bank. Everyones fault but Walmart. It took 10 days to get my money back and a bunch of hoopla. In the end they gave us a $10 walmart gift card for our inconvenience. I will never swipe my card there again.

Yes, but the owners of those places don't have more wealth than the bottom 40% of the American public combined. That's what chaps me the most. The SIX WalWart heirs are worth a whopping 89.5 Billion (with a "B") but they can't pay their people a living wage.

Maybe not but some of the corporations using them do. They could hire people direct but most of the time the reason they do not is for cost savings. It is not the only reason but it is one of the big ones.

Their are many places out there just as bad and probably even worst than Walmart. Walmart comes under attack because they are an easy target for people.

Those of you saying that Target has better people shopping their stores are just ignorant. Many shop at both. Just because celebs like Target so much does not make the people that shop there any better. That is a very snobish attitude.

Halbleib1 said:
Maybe not but some of the corporations using them do. They could hire people direct but most of the time the reason they do not is for cost savings. It is not the only reason but it is one of the big ones.

Their are many places out there just as bad and probably even worst than Walmart. Walmart comes under attack because they are an easy target for people.

Those of you saying that Target has better people shopping their stores are just ignorant. Many shop at both. Just because celebs like Target so much does not make the people that shop there any better. That is a very snobish attitude.
Who said that? You're just making things up to try to prove your point.

If the workers are being taken advantage of, why is there no shortage of workers to fill the jobs? The Orlando theme park industry thrives on foreign contract labor and yet millions continue to spend money at these theme parks. Very confusing how you can slam Walmart for doing the exact same thing that other retailers and entertainment businesses do :confused3. The funny thing about Target is that they undercut a market, eliminate competition and then raise prices. We are currently in the Mid-West and the Targets near us are old, small and dirty, compared to the Target Greatland stores that we had in California. Add to it that the Walmarts are clean and newer, it is all relative to where you live. As for Costco, after what they did in the last election, we won't spend another penny with them. For the best employee retention rates in retail, look at Trader Joe's.

I'm sorry but I am NOT ignorant and you have just proven to be the rude one. I posted that at MY Target there are a different caliber of shoppers. Since you are NOT in the same town as I am I guess you have no clue what type of people shop at my target and my walmart (my = the ones in the city I live in). I have yet to see anyone in the Target here dressed as inappropriately as I have in the Walmart here. Sorry if that is snobbish but my children do not need to see butts and breasts hanging out like have been seen at the Walmart here.

ETA: I have also yet to read about meth being made in the bathrooms at Target, people exposing themselves to others at Target, as well as various other inappropriate activities that have happened at Walmart. I even searched for both and guess what?? No stories about Target shoppers like the many on walmart. One Meth lab was even found at one of our local Walmarts.

If the workers are being taken advantage of, why is there no shortage of workers to fill the jobs? The Orlando theme park industry thrives on foreign contract labor and yet millions continue to spend money at these theme parks. Very confusing how you can slam Walmart for doing the exact same thing that other retailers and entertainment businesses do :confused3. The funny thing about Target is that they undercut a market, eliminate competition and then raise prices. We are currently in the Mid-West and the Targets near us are old, small and dirty, compared to the Target Greatland stores that we had in California. Add to it that the Walmarts are clean and newer, it is all relative to where you live. As for Costco, after what they did in the last election, we won't spend another penny with them. For the best employee retention rates in retail, look at Trader Joe's.

Funny cause more grocery stores and mom and pops go out because of Walmart and NOT Target. Next you will say tht Target is bad because they don't support the troops, etc.

As a former vendor for Millstone Coffee/Folgers I can tell you I will never buy groceries from a Walmart!!

The backrooms/receiving areas were totally filthy, fresh or frozen food sitting out for hours, total apathy from the miserable workers.

This was in every Walmart I serviced, and I did several. One even had to bring in new gondolas ( shelving units ) to replace some because they were infested with mice and roaches. This was a newer store too.

On the other hand the Krogers and the Marsh's I took care of were spotless, organized, and the workers were happy and helpful.

I just think it had to do with a lack of caring on the part of the Walmart employees. The management were worked like dogs, the hourlies were treated like crap from the tired managers, and all the while profits for the Walton family went through the roof.

I will admit that things could have changed at those Walmart stores but I still will never support/shop there due to their business practises.

Oh, wait, I forget, only hating on Wal Mart is cool among the snobs. Never mind it provides jobs to millions of Americans and affordable access to consumer goods, grocery and pharmacy items to rural America that it would never otherwise have.

Wait. So, aside from the way they systematically put local stores - and small manufacturers btw - out of business, you're suggesting that before Walmart, rural America didn't have access to consumer goods, grocery and pharmacy items?

Where there are people, there are stores to service them. Such has been the case in rural America since people loaded up wagons and headed west.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter