Walking from TTC to Magic Kingdom?!?!

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
Now that there's a walkway from the Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom, does that mean that you could technically walk from the TTC to MK now? Obviously taking the monorail is quicker, but I like to be at the park around an hour and a half before it officially opens, and it seems like walking would get me there earlier than waiting for the monorail and ferry to start running.

You absolutely could walk it now that the GF walkway is open, but it’ll be a long one. But early in the morning it would be beautiful.

You absolutely could walk it now that the GF walkway is open, but it’ll be a long one. But early in the morning it would be beautiful.
Even with the Polynesian closed, you can still walk through/past it to get to the GF though right?

Now that there's a walkway from the Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom, does that mean that you could technically walk from the TTC to MK now? Obviously taking the monorail is quicker, but I like to be at the park around an hour and a half before it officially opens, and it seems like walking would get me there earlier than waiting for the monorail and ferry to start running.

Are you driving to the TTC?

Even with the Polynesian closed, you can still walk through/past it to get to the GF though right?
Yes. The walk you would make is all outside. All construction being done at Poly is happening inside the GCH and inside rooms. You would walk the path from TTC to Poly, then just stay along the water path at Poly, heading towards GF.

On Thursday night it was 1.68 miles from just outside the walkway's Security checkpoint to just past the south side of the Morea building at the Poly. So all told from the turnstiles to the TTC ferry terminal I'd say about 2 miles.

Only problem with your plan might be what time the swing bridge on the walkway opens and closes. I asked a security guard if it would be possible to jog to the contemporary in the morning before the park opens and that was the only impediment he could think of.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that the only boats using that waterway (where the bridge is) are the Electrical Water Pageant floats. I suspect the bridge would remain "down" most of the day and only open when the floats need to go out and come back.

Obviously taking the monorail is quicker, but I like to be at the park around an hour and a half before it officially opens

Only thing I’d add to the above is that you’ll be held at the security checkpoint at the front of the MK where the new path merges with the boat dock until roughly 45-60 mins pre park opening. Maybe you already know that, just making sure.

I'm thinking that the only boats using that waterway (where the bridge is) are the Electrical Water Pageant floats. I suspect the bridge would remain "down" most of the day and only open when the floats need to go out and come back.
That would be my guess. Also open when they need to get the boats in the Rivers of America to the shipyard for maintenance.

But otherwise available for use by pedestrians

I clocked 1.5 miles from Moorea to the Magic Kingdom when I jogged it this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter