WAlk to Disney Challenge... feel free to join

Wow! What a cool idea!:thumbsup2 I am in! It is 1107 miles from my house to Old Key West. This should motivate me to do some extra walking during the day! Good luck to everyone on their walks/runs to DIsney! :cheer2:

Just finished 6 miles. Now total is 27/2625. I haven't left the city yet...

Almost hardly worth the walk. The treadmill shows I only burned 386 calories. Not much.

This is so cool! My goal is to lose 50 lbs before our Disney trip in August so this is a great way for me to exercise with a goal. I have 997 miles to walk/run. Dh pluged in the treadmill last night so I better get started.:cool1:

I didn't get to the gym yesterday or today. :( Hope to get there tomorrow for a few extra miles.

Total: 21.121/1000

I posted on that thread and started keeping track but didn't update on it. Found this one, so can I join in? This is really motivating me! I'm approx. 1,000miles from WDW. I've done 15 miles so far. It's a start! I am trying to do a ticker but I can't seem to be able to copy/paste it. I'll keep trying.
Good luck everyone! Keep with it!

6.5 today! 46.5/1303 miles! I'm well on my way! We got our confirmation from DVC for our trip today!:banana:

Logged some miles today. 2.49 walking around work today, and another 3.78 on the bike at the gym because all of the treadmills were in use.

Total: 27.395/1000

Hey Guys!

I LOVE the concept of this challenge. I am totally in if there is room for another walker! Do we have a time limit to arrive? I am definitely going to look for a pedometer.

From my home in Frisco, Texas to Bay Lake Tower (my soon to be vacation home) is 1,111 miles.

According to google maps, it will take me 363 hours to walk there. If I do my 3 mile workout DVD, it will only take me 278 hours. :lmao:

Thanks for the inspiration!

okay, back from Disney. 5k completed - best ever. Starting the half, but pulled out quickly - freezing rain was making it so slippery, I was afraid of falling. I knew I could not complete it at this point anyway.

Registering for the half again next year - this time I will do it!

Mileage at Disney was - 32.91 in total, now I am up to 37.27.

Still have 1974.39 to go though...

Linda

:tinker::donald:

Love this idea! I would like to join, if that's still possible. I have 1575 miles to go (based on driving miles using MapQuest). I'll head out on my trek starting today (1/15/2010). Might be a while before I get there. :rolleyes1

0/1575

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter