WAlk to Disney Challenge... feel free to join

Just found this thread -- great idea!! I just got a pedometer this week, for exercise, don't wear it all day. Now, I'm curious! Just from what I tracked: 5miles of 995 down...

This will be my new inspirational challenge!:hippie:

As the bird flies it would be 2031 milesfrom my door to Cinderella's door.

But seeing as I can't fly, by land (and sea) I'll track my route! Map Quest suggests the distance is 2814 miles, and about 114 miles of that is over the sea.
I'll get my pedometer set up, but I have been tracking exercise, so I figure, since Jan 1 2011nmy distances are (and these are converted from metric):
  • Walk (outside only): 9 miles
  • Bike (that's exercise-bike): 275 miles
  • Snowshoe or CrossCountry Ski : 5 miles
  • Run (outside only): 40 miles
  • Total year to date: 329 miles.
329 down, 2485 miles left..... And 7 months left on my ticker....
I think I can do it!

I won't count more than 1242.5 of exercise bike tho...And once we hit May, I'll ramp up the outside walking and running.

I actually hit Goal with WW's today, after a self inflicted plateau for the last 3 or more months, so I'm celebrating! (Yay me!):cheer2:

I'm going to walk to Hogwarts :wizard:

According to Google Maps it's 2,148 km from my door to IofA with WWoHP (about 1,335 miles for you Americans). This sounds like a fun way to get in my exercise so we'll see how it goes.

Just letting you guys know that I have not fallen off the face of the earth. :thumbsup2 I have been battling hip pain since my last "walk to Disney" but am getting some injections next week, so hopefully it won't be too long before I am walking with you all again. Keep up the good work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter