Wal-Mart no longer accepts printed coupons?

southernbelle5672

DIS Veteran
I used to get several coupons from coupons.com and the other day I went to use one at Wal-Mart and the cashier told me they no longer accept printed coupons.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Yes I have. I go to the self check now, scan the coupon (only the last half of the numbers) and drop it in. As long as it scans you are good to go.

The cashier at Meijer told me that they were not suppose to either- due to false/fake coupons. He said that they have gotten them with one word wrong and they cannot redeem them. Too bad people make their own and ruin it for the rest of us.

I just used a couple from coupons.com at my Wal Mart last night, and I used a couple last week at Target. Both of them take them still, but my Target won't take coupons for free items.

A cashier at my Walmart told me that they could no longer take IP coupons due to so many fakes. I tried again another time with a different cashier at the same Walmart and she took them. I figure I will keep trying to use the IP coupons as long as I can since I buy those products regardless if I have a coupon or not.

Yes I have. I go to the self check now, scan the coupon (only the last half of the numbers) and drop it in. As long as it scans you are good to go.
Wow! You are a life saver! None of my stores seem to want to take these printed coupons. I get them from the product web site and they are legit. I will be sure to do the self check out from now on.:cool1:

When you are told they can't accept them, ask to see a copy of their coupon policy. It states that they accept them as long as they are scannable, have exp. date, a mailing address etc. They should take it as long as it scans.

I personally haven't encountered any problems at my walmart, but I have read of several (on afullcup) that have and they just ask about the coupon policy and they always change their tune. If necessary ask to talk to a manager and ask them for the coupon policy. It is posted in customer service at most if not all walmarts.

OR...

Go to walmart.com and it is posted on there and you can just take a copy with you.

hth!

Ours will only take them if they are printed using color ink... grrr... I use the laser printer for everything since our color printer runs out of ink so fast and costs so much to replace.

...All of our local Wal-Marts have now covered the coupon slot in the self-check registers with a paper that says: "Please take all coupons to attendant". So, as long as the coupon scans, you can show it to the CSM/cashier on duty, and they check to make sure it hasn't expired. But if you've got a crappy printer like mine, better make sure the self-check at your WM will take coupons before trying to print out a bunch and not be able to use them.

None of our local stores accept internet coupons anymore. I remember being behind a lady in the line at Target last year. She had printed out about a dozen $1 coupons for EACH item....and had a full cart. They did take them at the time, but I guess it's stuff like that that ruined it.

I don't bother with internet coupons anymore because no one takes them here. It would waste paper and ink.

Yup. Wal-Mart, Target, CVS, Walgreens and all grocery stores in my area aren't accepting printed coupons.

I'm not saving near as much money on stuff anymore.

I was just at Walmart tonight and used 6 or 7 of them and they still take them! :) They better or I wouldn't shop there anymore! LOL

Call corporate and have them tell you their coupon policy. I did that with Target and they sent me Target coupons worth as much as the coupons I was trying to use. They said their policy is to take internet coupons and I should not have been told they cannot take them. I haven't been to Walmart so I don't know what their policy is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter