• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waitlist Support Group...who want's to join?

Still waiting...but I have a question for you all...I began looking right as soon as my 7 month window opened up--12/28-1/4. Since the day I began looking 12/30-1/1 has been unavailable at ALL resorts for a 2 bedroom. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this? I check several times a day and it just seems odd to me. I have never before had trouble booking these dates at the 7 month window. Just keep waiting for pixie dust!pixiedust:

Since New Years Eve is the single most popular date to book DVC, I am not surprised. Which 2 resorts did you wait list?

I'm currently at BCV in 1 bedroom on 1/1 -8. We are waitlisted for BLT Lakeview. I don't want to move around. So although we would be happy in the BCV (since it's our home resort), we would LOVE to stay at BLT for our entire stay. Wishing for some pixiedust:

But BCV rocks too! :beach:

I look everyday..several times aday:)
we are waitlisted for VWL first week in Nov for a dedicated 2 bedroom..we currently have a one bedroom booked at VWL but have extended family so their are 10 of us!

Been on the wait list for a BCV studio for October 3 for more than a month now. I've got BCV booked for the 4th and 5th, and a BWV Boardwalk view studio booked for the 3rd, but I would really like to not have to move. I'll take any and all pixie dust you want to throw my way. I know it'll take a miracle (with it being BCV during Food and Wine) but it's only one night, right? :goodvibes

I gave up and rented out what I had booked and cancelled my october waitlists.

Good luck to the rest of you!!! It will be a long time before I set up another waitlist for 2013..2014...2015!

We went on the waitlist for a BLT standard view 1 bd about 3 weeks ago yesterday for 12/15-12/19 and it came through on different days last week (I don't know what days for sure since I didn't get an email.). My DH and I have separate memberships so I was able to waitlist for the 4 nights individually, 3 came through on mine and 1 on his. MS linked them all for me together so we don't have to move.

We were shocked to get standard view about 5 months out.

We went on the waitlist for a BLT standard view 1 bd about 3 weeks ago yesterday for 12/15-12/19 and it came through on different days last week (I don't know what days for sure since I didn't get an email.). My DH and I have separate memberships so I was able to waitlist for the 4 nights individually, 3 came through on mine and 1 on his. MS linked them all for me together so we don't have to move.

We were shocked to get standard view about 5 months out.

Wow. That is a real shocker. Congrats! And this is one time when separate memberships was an advantage!

Have a studio booked for 7 nights at vero beach beginning in August. Wishing my 1 bedroom comes in. Will be a long week with 5 people in a studio when more time will be spent at rooms since there are no parks to visit. Who knew vero beach was so crowded.

Booked BCV 12/11 thru 12/14 Waitlisted 12/9-10 Studio

Booked SSR 12/9-10 Just in case but i really dont wanna move

Waitlisted BCV 12/2 thru 12/9 as well HEY YA NEVER KNOW

I waitlisted about 3 weeks ago for a 2 bedroom at OKW for 1 night right in the middle of my booked OKW stay. Never got an email but checked today and it came through. So glad we don't have to switch to SSR for the one night. October 14, 2012

We are booked for 2BD Villa at OKW Dec 27 - Dec 30 and Jan 1 - Jan 5. Waitlisted for the 2 days Dec 30 - Jan 1. We are currently at SSR 2 studios.

6 more months. Hoping it goes through.

I check every single day to see if my waitlist has come through. We added a day to the beginning of our BCV vacation and could only get it at OKW. It doesn't really matter because I know they will transfer our luggage and it won't really impact our vacation much. I'd just rather arrive at where we're staying the whole time. I've never had a waitlist come through, but hope springs eternal!

Been on the wait list for a BCV studio for October 3 for more than a month now. I've got BCV booked for the 4th and 5th, and a BWV Boardwalk view studio booked for the 3rd, but I would really like to not have to move. I'll take any and all pixie dust you want to throw my way. I know it'll take a miracle (with it being BCV during Food and Wine) but it's only one night, right? :goodvibes

I'm beyond shocked, but my wait list came through!!! :yay: We get to spend the first three nights of our October trip at Beach Club. Didn't think this would actually work out!

Missyrose said:
I'm beyond shocked, but my wait list came through!!! :yay: We get to spend the first three nights of our October trip at Beach Club. Didn't think this would actually work out!

Congrats!

I still have not received a reply from DVC that my wait list came through. They have combined my nights under one reservation number. I would not have known had I not checked myself.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

I have 2 waitlists set up. They are for 5 nights. Is it possible to only request full stay waitlists. I dont want partial stays anywhere.

People are having more success wait listing partial stays verses the whole stay at one time. You would come closer getting 2 nights wait list filled verses 5 nights. Then once Your wait list comes through you can link the reservations.

Disjunky said:
I have 2 waitlists set up. They are for 5 nights. Is it possible to only request full stay waitlists. I dont want partial stays anywhere.

That is the downside to wait listing, you have to be open to a split stay if it the shorter, more likely to work wait list doesn't come through. In our case we had the first night of our trip booked at BWV and the second and third nights at BCV. I wait listed the first night at BCV and a little more than a month later, it came through. We originally had those three nights booked at AKV but decided to give up that reservation when the Epcot resorts came available.

Like PP said, you have a much better chance of getting your wait list if it is only a couple of nights vs. an entire week-long stay.

I wobt switch resorts mid week. So if i dont get the waitlists its ok. Was just hoping that they dont just splitt your reservation though as i think of it i cant see em doing that.

We waitlisted a LV studio at BLT for 10/5 and 10/6 about 3 months ago. I was able to get those nights at OKW if the waitlist didn't come through. I checked today and the waitlist came through! DH and I didn't really want to switch resorts on this trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter