Waitlist ?s

Bowen9475

DIS Veteran
We've owned our DVC for 15 years. Have stayed many times in a variety of resorts and room sizes. Have never used the waitlist before. We are planning a 2 night stay (Friday and Saturday) before, and a 4 or 5 night stay (Sunday - Thursday or Friday) after, a cruise this July. There will be 4 of us - me, DH, 19 yo DD and 15 yo DS. We'd love a studio that sleeps 5 so each of the kids would have a bed. We'd like a studio in either BCV or BWV for the first stay because we are planning to spend the day in Epcot. We would really like to try BR for the longer stay because we have never stayed there. My thought is to book OKW or SSR and waitlist for the resorts we'd really like. How does this plan sound? What do you think are our chances of the waitlists coming through? Thanks!

Fine, so long as you can live with staying at OKW or SSR if your waitlists don't come through.

We've owned our DVC for 15 years. Have stayed many times in a variety of resorts and room sizes. Have never used the waitlist before. We are planning a 2 night stay (Friday and Saturday) before, and a 4 or 5 night stay (Sunday - Thursday or Friday) after, a cruise this July. There will be 4 of us - me, DH, 19 yo DD and 15 yo DS. We'd love a studio that sleeps 5 so each of the kids would have a bed. We'd like a studio in either BCV or BWV for the first stay because we are planning to spend the day in Epcot. We would really like to try BR for the longer stay because we have never stayed there. My thought is to book OKW or SSR and waitlist for the resorts we'd really like. How does this plan sound? What do you think are our chances of the waitlists coming through? Thanks!
OKW has the twin sleeper chair in the living room of the one bedroom. SSR doesn't have that and you'd have to bring your own bed for your fourth person if no one wants to share the queen sleeper sofa. With the studios that sleep five, how small are your two kids? Those murphy beds are not twin sized (shorter and narrower). So if your kids are closer to 5'10" or so, they will hang off the mattress. Closer to 5'3", they should fit.

OKW has two queen beds in the studio; SSR has one queen bed and a double sleeper sofa in the studio. In both cases, you'd need an air bed if your kids don't want to share a bed with anyone (I'd do a girls bed and a boys bed).

I'd keep watching the RAT to see what opens up instead of just waiting for the waitlist to fill.

Well the studios you will book, SSR and OKW, do not have beds for each offspring. Is that OK?

Thanks for your input. Our plan is to bring an aerobed if we aren't able to book studios with the sleeper chair. Our oldest son will be doing the Disney College Program this fall, so we are planning a few short trips. Booking studios in order to make our points go further. Would love to do a 1BR but we don't have enough points to do that with the trips we hope to make.

Thanks for your input. Our plan is to bring an aerobed if we aren't able to book studios with the sleeper chair. Our oldest son will be doing the Disney College Program this fall, so we are planning a few short trips. Booking studios in order to make our points go further. Would love to do a 1BR but we don't have enough points to do that with the trips we hope to make.
In a pinch, remember that you can get up to 24 One Time Use points per use year from DVC at the 7 month mark. Cost is $17 per point.

There are no studios with a sleeper chair. Only a murphy bed. The murphy bed is a lot smaller than the twin sized sleeper chair.
From the member website:
Deluxe Studio – Garden/Pool View
View of Pool, Water or Garden Areas
1 queen-size bed, 1 full-size sleeper sofa, 1 single pull-down bed (29" x 67")

There are no studios with a sleeper chair. Only a murphy bed. The murphy bed is a lot smaller than the twin sized sleeper chair.

Thanks. Actually, I did know that, I just got mixed up. We stayed in a studio at VGF last summer that had the murphy bed.

I just made my reservations with waitlists. Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter