Waitlist Chances

mfbnjwb

Earning My Ears
I recently closed on a DVC membership at BCV. We are super excited! The contract came with 224 points that expire shortly. The only 2 BR res available was OKW. I'm excited about OKW, but I was really hoping for AKV or VWL (I want to stay somewher else than BCV since we're going to be staying at BCV for many years in the future). What are the chances of one of my waitlists coming through for the week of 1/23 through 1/30?

Thanks.

Did you wait list the whole week at each resort? If that is the case, at this late date, I think it is unlikely.

I think you would have a better chance to wait list part of the week. But, then you could end up with a split stay and you may not want this. They will only fill a wait list if all the days are available so when you wait list for long periods it is harder than if you try to piece it together by the days. I would never change days that were not consecutive, but I might be willing to do the first 4 nights at one and the last 3 at another.

The other piece is that you can call daily to check on availability if you are willing to do that split stay as sometimes it is easier to get a few days this way.

You can only have 2 active wait lists at a time. I had to do this last summer and ended up getting some of the nights at one of the resorts of my choice. Had I waited to get all 4, I would not have gotten anything. I was okay, though, with the split stay. It was our first DVC trip and I wanted to try other resorts, as well as my home BLT, so it worked out nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter