Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

It’s fair to say 55 has better food than blue bayou? How does it compare to Napa rose? Never been to them but looking forward to trying them.
We go to Napa Rose every DL visit and almost all of our dinner reservations at WDW are for signature dining restaurants. Napa Rose is a half-step or full step above anything at WDW that isn't V&A, Takumi-Tei, or maybe Monsieur Paul (never been to MP, but it's priced similarly to Takumi-Tei).

Steakhouse 55 was a favorite of ours, but not in the same tier as Napa Rose. Maybe closer to Shula's but with better service.

We will not be returning to Blue Bayou without major changes.

I've read that there will be no new restaurants.
I have read that too, I am a little bummed about it. a waitress at Trader Sam's pool bar service did tell me they told staff they would not be servicing the new tower guests. I am struggling to imagine the new tower pool area will not have any pool side service.

Personal speculation is that the recent changes to the west side of DTD, with the introduction of several new (and one returning) food locations, is designed to serve, more or less, as the de facto food service locations for DLH and VDH. Also, I would be surprised if there wasn't at least some sort of quick-serve in the new tower. There are no existing facilities that could provide the limited grocery selection you have with every other DVC resort, and with so many villas with kitchens, it seems impossible for them to assume no one will at least need dairy and some frozen pizzas.

I imagine they will re-open Steakhouse55/Granville's as an up-scale dining location at some point, add a quick-serve location in the new tower (as well as a bar), and augment the remaining food locations (Goofy's Kitchen, Tangaroa Terrace) with new restaurants at the west end of DTD.

The oddest thing about closing Steakhouse 55 was that it was ALWAYS busy. There was never any lack of business and the prices were such that there's zero chance it wasn't making bank.

It’s fair to say 55 has better food than blue bayou? How does it compare to Napa rose? Never been to them but looking forward to trying them.
It was MILES better than Blue Bayou. I would put it somewhere along the lines of, but maybe a little below a Ruth's Chris, Fleming's or Morton's. Napa Rose is on the next level. I actually prefer it over V&A, and it benefits from a ridiculously broad selection of California wines.

Have space? It’s already there sitting empty, they just need to reopen it.

The discussion was about opening a new restaurant. If you’ve been over there, it’s pretty tight with the new tower and not really space for anything new. If you’re talking about Steakhouse 55, that’s not new… 🤔

It’s all personal preference, but we aren’t fans of Napa Rose and much preferred Steakhouse 55. Caveats being that we absolutely loved breakfast there and the biggest heartbreak when it closed, Afternoon Tea 😢

ETA: we didn’t love dinner at Steakhouse 55…

The discussion was about opening a new restaurant. If you’ve been over there, it’s pretty tight with the new tower and not really space for anything new. If you’re talking about Steakhouse 55, that’s not new… 🤔
It’s not there now, so reopening something in the space would be a new offering relative to what is currently available.

Napa Rose very well may have the best food on Disney property. Including World. By far the best food at Disneyland and I say that as someone who loves 55. 55 I would've ranked a step above Le Cellier, probably on par with 71 actually.

I love Napa Rose, but I also think we should be giving some love to Carthay Circle in DCA. I love the theming, the food, the cocktails, the wine selection… everything!

I love Napa Rose, but I also think we should be giving some love to Carthay Circle in DCA. I love the theming, the food, the cocktails, the wine selection… everything!
One of my favorite memories in DCA was when they were running Paint the Night and they let us watch the parade from the balcony of Carthay Circle during our dinner. But ughhhh Napa <3

One of my favorite memories in DCA was when they were running Paint the Night and they let us watch the parade from the balcony of Carthay Circle during our dinner. But ughhhh Napa <3
They are both wonderful!

The must do’s for my family:

Breakfast: Storytellers when kids are young, Lamplight Lounge brunch, SH 55 if it returns,
and an honorable mention to the breakfast Ronto Roaster.

Lunch: Blue Bayou (monte cristo! Gumbo!), Carnation Cafe (fried chicken and fried pickles!)

Dinner: Napa Rose, Carthay Circle

Dad’s Guilty Pleasure: Trader Sam’s

I do hope they bring some more dining. If they are having around 350 new rooms, they will have anywhere from 700+ new guests each night. They need places for them to eat. DTD is not been completed and does not look like it will anytime soon

I do hope they bring some more dining. If they are having around 350 new rooms, they will have anywhere from 700+ new guests each night. They need places for them to eat. DTD is not been completed and does not look like it will anytime soon
Once DTD is completed, there'll be so much dining close by, too. Plus Steakhouse 55. I'm used to WDW where everything's so spread out, staying at VDH will be so great dining-wise in comparison!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter