VWL Lovers & Groupies Thread: Meese-ka, Mice-ka MOOSE-kateers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. But these days, I don't even bother with the mugs. While at Walmart, I pick up drinks for the week. Running back and forth from the Villas over to Roaring Forks doesn't make much sense when for a couple of bucks, I'm set for the week!!

I'd do a happy moose dance for you, too, but my dancing skills are subpar. So I'll just wish you a VERY happy and enjoyable vacation. I'll be arriving as you're departing. Enjoy!

Running back and forth from the Villas over to Roaring Forks is what I live for! Seriously, I love that jaunt!
I am frugal, so I do bring my 'forever' mug, but I do enjoy the walk over. But we don't do a ton of park time.;)

Many, many thanks. On my lunch hour today, I stopped into the (god-awful) Disney store in Times Square. The first floor wasn't doing anything for me, so I took the mega escallator to the second floor, and as I got towards the middle of the store and saw the movie screen, I was having visions of attraction audio and it suddenly hit me more than ever that my trip is just a week and a half away. Nice :D

Woohoo! Inspiration! We love that! Nice.:goodvibes

Please, supernova, visit us often.
And (I didn't look) if you don't have our VWL Groupie Moosie, grab him! He loves it when you do that.

We have had good luck with our guests so far. They have been my MIL and my parents. My folks love WL, which is a plus. None of them are crazy about the parks, but thats OK, just glad to share WL with them.

. . . . . My DH has arranged for my Dad to be the vet who gets to do the flag retreat at the MK on Dec. 6th. I am soooooo excited about this. We have not told my Dad. We are going to surprise him. If anyone cares to see me and my aunt ball our eyes out please be there!:banana::banana::banana:

How WONDERFUL that you have set this up!

DiznyDi & I always try to be at the Square for the Flag Retreat. It is very moving and meaningful for us.

This is part of the magic we so often speak of - Disney offers it in so many ways for so many different hearts.

Enjoy balling your eyes out!

DiznyDi & I always try to be at the Square for the Flag Retreat. It is very moving and meaningful for us.

This is part of the magic we so often speak of - Disney offers it in so many ways for so many different hearts.

I missed this post:scared1:
Agree with Dad. This is a moving ceremony, and is so deserving of so many. I am glad you can share this with your father. Tell him thank you for his service to our country from all of us.

Hi Groupies:
For all of those at WDW now... have a blast! :thumbsup2 Wish I was there with ya!

crabbie1 ~ Congrats and Welcome Home! :banana:
squitty ~ Congrats on your upcoming 25th anniversary vacation!:love:

shoes99 ~ 35 years! Congrats!!!:love: Have a wonderful cruise and vacation!

tea pot ~ Keep us posted if your daughter gets engaged:lovestruc. What a wonderful place to get engaged at. Must have details!

Disney loving Iowan ~ Your dad will be honored and it will be a very special event for all of you! DH/I watched that in May and the ceremony was very moving.

For all those at WDW have a great vacation and those traveling soon... have fun! Enjoy the groupie gatherings!

Hi everyone

What a wonderful thread, full of great info and friendly people :thumbsup2

I just spotted the post from Crabbie1 (another UK DISer) to say she has bought points at VWL

Well add me to the list of UK owners; following the most incredible two weeks vacation at Wilderness Lodge last May we just couldn't stop ourselves from buying into DVC for the first time :banana:

We just love WL and we are beyond excited to be able to call it 'home' :lovestruc

Can't wait until May 2012 when we'll be back :cloud9:

Can't believe we leave the day after tomorrow! Doing my laundry now!:laundy:

Just wanted to let everyone know who will be down there. My DH has arranged for my Dad to be the vet who gets to do the flag retreat at the MK on Dec. 6th. I am soooooo excited about this. We have not told my Dad. We are going to surprise him. If anyone cares to see me and my aunt ball our eyes out please be there!:banana::banana::banana:

Very cool! Last time we were at WDW we saw the veteran after the ceremony. He was off on one of the side streets to main street getting his picture taken with the certificate he got for being in the ceremony.

Do you know what time the ceremony is? We were planning on going to the merry mixer that day at Epcot and dinner at Tommy Bahama at 6:30 but we may sidetrack to the MK to watch the flag retreat and say thanks to your dad for his service.

Hi everyone

I just spotted the post from Crabbie1 (another UK DISer) to say she has bought points at VWL

Well add me to the list of UK owners; following the most incredible two weeks vacation at Wilderness Lodge last May we just couldn't stop ourselves from buying into DVC for the first time :banana:

We just love WL and we are beyond excited to be able to call it 'home' :lovestruc

Another new Groupie! All righty then! Grab yourself our Moosie siggy if you like.
You sound like you are in the right place. Welcome to the our friendly group.:goodvibes

I missed this post:scared1:
Agree with Dad. This is a moving ceremony, and is so deserving of so many. I am glad you can share this with your father. Tell him thank you for his service to our country from all of us.

Hi Groupies:
For all of those at WDW now... have a blast! :thumbsup2 Wish I was there with ya!

crabbie1 ~ Congrats and Welcome Home! :banana:
squitty ~ Congrats on your upcoming 25th anniversary vacation!:love:

shoes99 ~ 35 years! Congrats!!!:love: Have a wonderful cruise and vacation!

tea pot ~ Keep us posted if your daughter gets engaged:lovestruc. What a wonderful place to get engaged at. Must have details!

Disney loving Iowan ~ Your dad will be honored and it will be a very special event for all of you! DH/I watched that in May and the ceremony was very moving.

For all those at WDW have a great vacation and those traveling soon... have fun! Enjoy the groupie gatherings!

Very cool! Last time we were at WDW we saw the veteran after the ceremony. He was off on one of the side streets to main street getting his picture taken with the certificate he got for being in the ceremony.

Do you know what time the ceremony is? We were planning on going to the merry mixer that day at Epcot and dinner at Tommy Bahama at 6:30 but we may sidetrack to the MK to watch the flag retreat and say thanks to your dad for his service.
Thanks everyone! The ceremony is at 5. We hope you can make it!

Getting my packing done! Hope everyone else headed down has a good trip and I can't wait for our meets! For those not able to go, I will be thinking of you all and wishing you could be there!

l can't believe how long it's been since I last visited the Groupies thread. I spend a lot less time planning WDW trips (not my choice) because our vacation destinations have changed (darn teenagers!).

Now I finally get to plan again, first trip to the F&W in 2012. 12 days booked so far, 7 of them at VWL! :cool1:

Hope everyone is doing well, enjoying your lives & your WDW trips!

Hi Muushka!!:)

I don't know exactly how this all happened but I'll blame it on three things --
1) spending a morning at VWL doing a hidden Mickey hunt on my November trip
2) hearing about my friends' plans to stay at WL [not DVC] next week [their first family trip - they are over the moon with excitement]
3) just loving that gorgeous place and its history, with Walt's trains, etc....

...all that to say, and my head is still spinning...but I am officially in the process of becoming a VWL OWNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo::yay::eek::cool1:

My bid has been accepted and I am on my way to ROFL - I still can't believe it! And, I've lurked on this thread for several months now and y'all are so sweet and supportive of one another. :hug: You all might be reason #4!

Hi everyone

2) hearing about my friends' plans to stay at WL [not DVC] next week [their first family trip - they are over the moon with excitement]

...all that to say, and my head is still spinning...but I am officially in the process of becoming a VWL OWNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bid has been accepted and I am on my way to ROFL - I still can't believe it! And, I've lurked on this thread for several months now and y'all are so sweet and supportive of one another. :hug: You all might be reason #4!

How exciting! Two new groupies! :banana::banana::banana: Welcome to both of you. As Muushka said don't forget to grab yourself a moose siggie!

l can't believe how long it's been since I last visited the Groupies thread. I spend a lot less time planning WDW trips (not my choice) because our vacation destinations have changed (darn teenagers!).

Now I finally get to plan again, first trip to the F&W in 2012. 12 days booked so far, 7 of them at VWL! :cool1:

Hope everyone is doing well, enjoying your lives & your WDW trips!

Hi Muushka!!:)

Well there she is! I have thought about you, wanting to PM, but not sure of your screen name!
Welcome home! One of the original Groupies.:goodvibes So, where are you vacationing these days?
And how long has it been since we saw each other last? Good to hear from you!

Lurk no more! Walk into the light!!! And Welcome home!!! Visit often!!! And take lots of pictures along with long trip reports!!!!:goodvibes

First, welcome to the new groupies! This really is a great group of people. We all have the love of our lodge in common, but also quite a bit more.

I just got back from the hospital about an hour ago after leaving home this morning at 9 am to take my mom to urgent care. She drove from Milw to Minneapolis on Sunday with my sister, fell in my niece's bedroom Monday night and hurt her ribs, flew home Wednesday, and told me last night that she needed to go to Urgent care this morning to have her ribs checked. She forgot to mention that she was having trouble breathing.

God works in mysterious ways. I did too much shopping on Black Friday so that my arthritic knees are killing me. I had an appointment today to get cortisone shots to try to help me be able to walk in Florida next week. When I got there, our mutual bone doc wanted to know if my mom went to the ER as he told her to YESTERDAY when she called him asking for a chest xray. She was cleared by Urgent care this morning as having bruised ribs. But she never mentioned the breathing problems.

I drove to my mom's house and hauled her to the ER at the local hospital at 3:30 pm. After many blood tests, EKG, more xrays and a CT scan of her lungs, the conclusion is that our bone doc was absolutely correct. Mom has a blood clot in her lung and is very lucky to be alive. The PA thinks she got it in the car driving to MSP on Sunday. If I hadn't had that appointment today to get my shots, I wouldn't have spoken to our doctor and I wouldn't have known that mom needed to go to the ER. I could have lost her. She is still not out of the woods but at least she is in the hospital being treated. Please add her to your prayers. I"m not ready to lose her yet, even though I was ready to kill her today for not mentioning the breathing issue because she "didn't think it was important." Mothers. :confused3

First, welcome to the new groupies! This really is a great group of people. We all have the love of our lodge in common, but also quite a bit more.

I just got back from the hospital about an hour ago after leaving home this morning at 9 am to take my mom to urgent care. She drove from Milw to Minneapolis on Sunday with my sister, fell in my niece's bedroom Monday night and hurt her ribs, flew home Wednesday, and told me last night that she needed to go to Urgent care this morning to have her ribs checked. She forgot to mention that she was having trouble breathing.

God works in mysterious ways. I did too much shopping on Black Friday so that my arthritic knees are killing me. I had an appointment today to get cortisone shots to try to help me be able to walk in Florida next week. When I got there, our mutual bone doc wanted to know if my mom went to the ER as he told her to YESTERDAY when she called him asking for a chest xray. She was cleared by Urgent care this morning as having bruised ribs. But she never mentioned the breathing problems.

I drove to my mom's house and hauled her to the ER at the local hospital at 3:30 pm. After many blood tests, EKG, more xrays and a CT scan of her lungs, the conclusion is that our bone doc was absolutely correct. Mom has a blood clot in her lung and is very lucky to be alive. The PA thinks she got it in the car driving to MSP on Sunday. If I hadn't had that appointment today to get my shots, I wouldn't have spoken to our doctor and I wouldn't have known that mom needed to go to the ER. I could have lost her. She is still not out of the woods but at least she is in the hospital being treated. Please add her to your prayers. I"m not ready to lose her yet, even though I was ready to kill her today for not mentioning the breathing issue because she "didn't think it was important." Mothers. :confused3

It is wonderful that you were informed and were able to help her. You both are in my prayers.

Bobbi

You got in Inkmahm, Ironically I think it's exactly because we are "moms" we tend to push aside our own aches and pains. Or maybe it's just human nature that we never think of our symptoms as a problem so never think to mention it to others.
I remember vividly rushing the old guy to the hospital in the dead of night a few years back with a severe bleeding ulcer only to find out that he had been having serious pain for about 3 weeks. :headache: After saying 50 gazillion prayers for his health, I seriously considered lighting him on fire (the nurse informed me that in PA you do 10-20 for that). sighs......

Prayer request winging as we speak.

Hey, all you groupies heading to the world, I am seriously jealous!!! Have a great trip and be safe. Some one take lots of pictures. I've never been to the world in the winter and I'm longing to see the lights.

I apologize if this is common knowledge.

The walkway roof is still being worked on.
The Mickey topiary is back holding the DVC sign.
Bushes were removed yesterday to put in, I was told, holiday topiary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter