VWL Lovers & Groupies Thread: Meese-ka, Mice-ka MOOSE-kateers

Status
Not open for further replies.
W Dad...thanks for the quick topiary update! :)

Glad that your trip was awesome. We are about 24 hours from setting foot in WDW. :cool1:

You've got it Inkmahm! I'm glad you were able to get the information you did and to get your Mom in for the treatment she needs. :hug:

WD - interesting they are still working on the walkway roof. They had panels off of it when we were there almost a month ago and I would have expected it to be done by now. Twice when we came back from late EMH or dinner - ie Midnight or later - they were washing down the inside and doing work and of course working on it during the day.

Inkmahm
Prayers being sent up. Hope all improves soon.

Welcome to the new groupies!!

debbieandroo
Glad we could help:thumbsup2

Hi Groupies:
For all of those at WDW now... have a blast! :thumbsup2 Wish I was there with ya!

We are having a blast!! This is the first time I have done WDW with a wheelchair, which was needed because DS has very bad knees. Needless to say my feet hurt as usual, but my legs have really been getting a workout with all the ups and downs of the ramps and such. We are at AKL-Jambo right now and will move to SSR Sunday.

Hi everyone
What a wonderful thread, full of great info and friendly people :thumbsup2
I just spotted the post from Crabbie1 (another UK DISer) to say she has bought points at VWL
Well add me to the list of UK owners; following the most incredible two weeks vacation at Wilderness Lodge last May we just couldn't stop ourselves from buying into DVC for the first time :banana:
We just love WL and we are beyond excited to be able to call it 'home' :lovestruc
Can't wait until May 2012 when we'll be back :cloud9:

We just got confirmation that our sale has closed and we will be getting final paperwork very soon!!!

When in May 2012 will you be back? We will be there on our anniversary trip from May 17-25.

Groupie prayers are strong!! We were able to bring mom home from the hospital already tonight. She has no restrictions other than to be sure to take her shots to get the clots to disolve. The doc said she has multiple clots in both lungs. Mom claims to have learned her lesson about withholding info from us related toher health, but I will have to see it to believe it. In the meantime, I am so grateful that she should be okay, just short one more of her feline 9 lives.

Inkmahm...so glad to hear the good news about your mother. More prayers for continued recovery and good health! :)

:grouphug: Thank you for everyone's kind words!

And, Inkmahm, I completely understand your frustration in caring for your mother. In taking care of mine, I spent most of my time either worrying about her or trying to figure out what part of the river to throw her in [and myself along with her!]. It is a very schizophrenic feeling :confused3

She is blessed to have someone worry over her like you do.

Hi Groupies:
So... did everyone start their holiday shopping yet?

Linda67 & debbieandroo ~ Welcome Home!! Congrats! :dance3:

twokats ~ I'm so happy that you are having a blast! Just take things one day at a time and enjoy every moment. Any idea where you'll be staying at SSR! Give Mickey a hug from me. :)

Inkmahm ~ I'm so sorry to read about your mom.. how scary! Thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom! :grouphug: Please keep us posted on how she is doing and take care of yourself as well! I take care of my mom as well and it's not easy.

For those at WDW.. have a great time, take pictures and enjoy your gatherings!

Hello Groupies. It's been a lovely, FULL week here in Ft. Lauderdale. Tomorrow afternoon I leave here to head north, stopping at Vero Beach for the night, then Monday afternoon heading over to WDW. I'm so excited. I have another fully day (morning/early afternoon) here, and then :cool1: - the fun can truly begin.

I haven't taken the time to get caught on the thread - I'm sorry - don't mean to be insensitive to whatever needs for prayer there might be. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Looking forward to seeing several of you later in the coming week. :) For those of you who can't make it this year... hopefully next year.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Well there she is! I have thought about you, wanting to PM, but not sure of your screen name!
Welcome home! One of the original Groupies.:goodvibes So, where are you vacationing these days?
And how long has it been since we saw each other last? Good to hear from you

I think we saw each other in '09, after my Easter trip.
We are spending more time at the beach than we used to.
Are you still in the area or did you end up moving?

twokats ~ I'm so happy that you are having a blast! Just take things one day at a time and enjoy every moment. Any idea where you'll be staying at SSR! Give Mickey a hug from me. :)

I have a request in for Grandstand. That is what I did in '09 and it worked good for us. It is far from the main building, restaurant and such, but it has the first bus stop and that is a biggy for me especially with the wheelchair issue!! So far I have only seen Mickey in the parades. Hopefully I will see him by himself soon, and I will give him a special Hello from you!!

Hi Groupies! :wave:

Just got here at BWV last night and all settled in. Having a cup of coffee and enjoying a nice leisurely first morning at WDW. The decorations here look great, and I can't wait to see them at WL/VWL again. :thumbsup2

Hi Groupies! :wave:

Just got here at BWV last night and all settled in. Having a cup of coffee and enjoying a nice leisurely first morning at WDW. The decorations here look great, and I can't wait to see them at WL/VWL again. :thumbsup2

Got any extra space:banana:
Have a great trip!! Looking forward to TRs and Pics if you have time.
What section of BWV are you in? We were near the end close to parking and really liked it.

I have a request in for Grandstand. That is what I did in '09 and it worked good for us. It is far from the main building, restaurant and such, but it has the first bus stop and that is a biggy for me especially with the wheelchair issue!! So far I have only seen Mickey in the parades. Hopefully I will see him by himself soon, and I will give him a special Hello from you!!

Have a wonderful trip! Give Kati a BIG hug from us

Got any extra space:banana:

Just DW & I in a 1BR. Plenty of room on the sofa! :thumbsup2

Have a great trip!! Looking forward to TRs and Pics if you have time.
What section of BWV are you in? We were near the end close to parking and really liked it.

We have a standard view right next to the corner of the standard section. A tree right in front of our balcony but nice views of the canal by the parking lot and an easy walk to the bus stop.

I'll try to take and post some pictures as the week goes on.

Have a great week everyone! :)

BWV's Christmas decorations are my second favorite to the VWL's! Granny, enjoy your stay! I'm enjoying breakfast from MacDonalds after bring DH to the airport. I think you're having a more delightful morning cuppa!

Bobbi:goodvibes

BWV's Christmas decorations are my second favorite to the VWL's! Granny, enjoy your stay! I'm enjoying breakfast from MacDonalds after bring DH to the airport. I think you're having a more delightful morning cuppa!

Bobbi...I have to agree with you on ranking WL/VWL #1 on Christmas decorating and BWV #2. Probably put GF #3 in our book. But all look great...we were at BC lobby yesterday and it looks excellent with its carousel & tree. :thumbsup2

And yes, the morning java is very good. We used WeGoShop for this trip for the first time and it went very smoothly. It helped that our room was ready at 3:00 when we checked in so we didn't have to mess with Bell Services.

We are getting ready to head out...not sure where yet. We might play "bus roulette" and just get on the first bus that shows up. Of course, that would eliminate EPCOT and DHS, so on second thought maybe we won't do that. :rotfl:

Can't believe we leave the day after tomorrow! Doing my laundry now!:laundy:

Just wanted to let everyone know who will be down there. My DH has arranged for my Dad to be the vet who gets to do the flag retreat at the MK on Dec. 6th. I am soooooo excited about this. We have not told my Dad. We are going to surprise him. If anyone cares to see me and my aunt ball our eyes out please be there!:banana::banana::banana:

That's Wonderful.... We always try to catch the flag retreat
I glad Disney in the middle of all the Happy Noise
takes that time to pause for an important reflection.
I'm sure your Dad will be so pleased.

Hi everyone

Well add me to the list of UK owners; We just love WL and we are beyond excited to be able to call it 'home' :lovestruc

:: You all might be reason #4!

Welcome Home New Groupies You'll love it here:cheer2::cheer2:

After many blood tests, EKG, more xrays and a CT scan of her lungs, the conclusion is that our bone doc was absolutely correct. Mom has a blood clot in her lung and is very lucky to be alive.

I was holding my breath reading your posts.
I'm so glad your mom is going to be OK
Continued Prayers for you both.
(don't be too hard on her I'm sure she got quite a scare and hopefully won't dismiss anything like that again)

Well 4 more days :santa:

Stay well groupies :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter