• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday to our favorite Man-Granny!

Well, can it really be..... Granny's a year older?
Happy Birthday Granny! party:

Love this thread! We fell in love with VWL our first stay in 2009. Finally bought 150 pts. this past November. Our last stay was this past March. What we love about the resort is it has everything! Private views, calming music, quaint , warm, cozy decor. On site restaurants, the BEST gift shop and lobby. I love the beach! We take the boat to anywhere every stay. Love love the quiet pool! We have decided after our next trip ( we will try OKW for the first time) we most likely will only be staying at VWL. :love:

OK Groupies. . . . tomorrow April 12 is our first birthday on the new thread!!!

Get ready for it. . . . . . . . .

MickeyPlutostamp.jpg

"Happy Birthday Granny!"

Hope it is the best!!!

Oh Kathy, love that birthday pic!

Happy Birthday to our favorite Granny!!

1030012ob65svgj89.gif

Granny
Have a Magical Day

Hey Granny - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! party:

party: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!!!!!!party: :bday:

Hope you have a wonderful day!:goodvibes

Happy Birthday to our favorite Man-Granny!

Well, can it really be..... Granny's a year older?
Happy Birthday Granny! party:

Happy Birthday Granny-man!

You Groupies are the best!!!

What's that...can't hear me??

I said....

:worship: :worship: :worship: THE VWL GROUPIES ARE THE BEST!!!!!:worship: :worship: :worship:

Thank you all so much for your kind words and birthday wishes. Awesome graphics too! :thumbsup2

As Dr. Nigel Channing probably also says....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! :)

Happy Birthday, Granny! Almost too late but I still snuck it in in time. :cool1:

Our thread is amazing . . .page 4 already . . at this rate, we will need to start another thread in mid-October!

Had computer issues off and on yesterday and cant believe of all days to miss this one...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!!!!!!!!!!

That's what luv said! ;) We actually went down to FL to visit my new granddaughter. . .oh, and to see my daughter and her husband, too. :lmao:The original plan had us going over for a day with a few cousins, but they wound up leaving a couple of days early. Since luvvwl and I had already planned a day, we followed through with said plans. We hit MK at 8 a.m., found minimal crowds and did a few rides before heading out to EPCOT by 9:40. By then, the Easter crowds were ramping up--we had to climb over planters and benches to get through the gate that said "No bags entrance" since the checking bags "line" was actually a mob of people extending 50 feet back from the check tables. We FP'd Soarin' (3:15! already!), then walked to the boat ramp at the World Showcase entrance where we boated to Boardwalk and walked through their model. . .nice, but I still like my VWL better. From there, we walked all the way to DHS, and by then it was 11. FP times for RnR and ToT were already mid-afternoon which didn't fit with our plans, so we FP'd Star Tours (about 45 minutes from that point, and we realized that FP times are park specific since we also held the FP for Soarin'), and had lunch at the Backstage Express. After hitting ST, we bused to AK to ride EE. We spent 40 minutes in line, and literally just feet away from getting on a train, the ride broke down. No EE for us. By then, it was getting close to 3 p.m., so we bused back to EPCOT and got onto Soarin' in less than 15 minutes. The standby line wait time: 2 hours! :scared1:

After EPCOT, we bused to WL (where we had parked), walked around and took a few pics (which I'll post later), then changed for our dinner at CG. Tip: the large bathrooms to the right of Sturdy Branches make excellent places to freshen up. We drove over, walked up, and easily made our 5:30 reservation. We asked for and received a window table so that we had gorgeous views of MK. Originally, we had planned to go back to MK for Wishes, but given that was 10 p.m., that we had walked between 6-7 miles, and still had an hour + drive back to my daughter's house, we decided to end our evening at CG.

It was a lovely meal, and though AP is still our sentimental favorite, I have to admit that CG has better quality consistently than does Artist Point. We've never had an off meal or service there, while at AP we occasionally get a below average server or a meal that's not quite right. We soaked up the setting sun's rays and basked in each other's company. Oh, I should mention here that we were celebrating our recent engagement that night, so we received a huge slice of chocolate cake and a table decorated with a bit of pixie dust. It made for a fitting end to a hectic but fun day.

Our next "real" trip to the World isn't until November, and we're already chomping at the bit. . .:cool1:

Sounds like a fun time! Congrats on your engagement!!

Is it just me or do you all get excited when you see your name on the "upcoming trip list".. arrived at work this morning with the BLAH'sssss, it's raining again :guilty: Popped on the Dis with my morning cup:surfweb: and first place I went was here.. there I am !! :woohoo: what a way to start my day,,THX :flower3:

Glad we can help get your morning started;)

Loving the photos - especially the Christmas ones.

Does anyone have any suggestions for fun things to do at the lodge over the Christmas holiday? Things we can't do at other times of the year? What is the sleigh ride like?

Here is a link to a photo gallery of the few shots I took at the lodge last June - http://jenniferdifranco.smugmug.com/Disney-Vacations/Disney-Vacation-2011/Villas-at-Disneys-Wilderness/18000102_BtsVCg#!i=1379211548&k=K2X7wXq

And here is one for a slideshow from 2009 - http://jenniferdifranco.smugmug.com/Disney-Vacations/Walt-Disney-World-2009/AnimotoVWL/16919548_WZcvK7#!i=1278724867&k=PQ7VHQL
Love your photos!!! You have a photographers eye for sure. Man, those could be framed and sold!!!

We have been to VWL many Decs., but never the week of Christmas, so I cant help with that actual week. I think others have been at that time so hopefully someone will see this and post some answers.

You Groupies are the best!!!
What's that...can't hear me??
I said....
:worship: :worship: :worship: THE VWL GROUPIES ARE THE BEST!!!!!:worship: :worship: :worship:

I wholeheartedly agree! I always know I can come here and find friendly conversation, warmth, support and fun. Best group on the DIS!:grouphug:

I'm joining in! After all VWL is my second home. :lovestruc My husband and I go to WDW twice a year in June and Nov. Sometimes we make a third trip in a year. We have always stayed at VWL since we joined DVC in 2005. We have stayed at BWV once last year in Feb., but VWL will always be in my heart. :love: We have made wonderful memories at WL ranging from being flag family on a few occassions with Ranger Stan to being able to watch the wonderful Christmas tree in the main lobby being put up for the holidays. Our greatest memory was on our trip last June when we were booked on points but were surprisingly upgraded to the Presidential Suite for 4 nights!

I don't come hear very often, but I do spend a lot of time on the DCL section of Disboards. Yes, we are hooked on DCL too! I will try to come on over and chat with you all! This seems to be a great place to come to. :hug:

I'm joining in! After all VWL is my second home. :lovestruc My husband and I go to WDW twice a year in June and Nov. Sometimes we make a third trip in a year. We have always stayed at VWL since we joined DVC in 2005. We have stayed at BWV once last year in Feb., but VWL will always be in my heart. :love: We have made wonderful memories at WL ranging from being flag family on a few occassions with Ranger Stan to being able to watch the wonderful Christmas tree in the main lobby being put up for the holidays. Our greatest memory was on our trip last June when we were booked on points but were surprisingly upgraded to the Presidential Suite for 4 nights!

I don't come hear very often, but I do spend a lot of time on the DCL section of Disboards. Yes, we are hooked on DCL too! I will try to come on over and chat with you all! This seems to be a great place to come to. :hug:

I am sure the rest of the group will join me in saying come often. Pull up the chair and join right in. I am on the DCL section a lot also. We will be leaving on our Fantasy cruise on May 26. But please join us as often as you can.

As Kathy says, come back!!
PM me and I will be glad to add your WDW dates, and cruises too to our trips page. Its fun to look at at every so often and see your name and upcoming trips!!

Hi, everyone! Goodness, I missed y'all!!!! A few months ago I decided to start training to walk in the 2013 Princess Half Marathon so have been hanging out over at the WISH section. But I missed my groupies! So excited to see that a new thread has started but I need to catch up on the news from the old one as well.

Great news from my side -- I had bid on a resale contract for VWL back in December. Because it was a bankruptcy case, I've had to wait these past few months for everything to be finalized. Just found out that I'm ready to close - woo-hoo!!!!

More great news -- I'm going to WDW in three weeks! I'll be staying at the BWV for the first time from May 4th until the 12th. Also for the first time, I'll be participating in my first Disney race - the Expedition Everest Challenge. Yikes, what am I getting myself into!?!??!

Happy Belated Birthday, Granny!!!!

That's what luv said! ;) We actually went down to FL to visit my new granddaughter. . .oh, and to see my daughter and her husband, too. :lmao:The original plan had us going over for a day with a few cousins, but they wound up leaving a couple of days early. Since luvvwl and I had already planned a day, we followed through with said plans. We hit MK at 8 a.m., found minimal crowds and did a few rides before heading out to EPCOT by 9:40. By then, the Easter crowds were ramping up--we had to climb over planters and benches to get through the gate that said "No bags entrance" since the checking bags "line" was actually a mob of people extending 50 feet back from the check tables. We FP'd Soarin' (3:15! already!), then walked to the boat ramp at the World Showcase entrance where we boated to Boardwalk and walked through their model. . .nice, but I still like my VWL better. From there, we walked all the way to DHS, and by then it was 11. FP times for RnR and ToT were already mid-afternoon which didn't fit with our plans, so we FP'd Star Tours (about 45 minutes from that point, and we realized that FP times are park specific since we also held the FP for Soarin'), and had lunch at the Backstage Express. After hitting ST, we bused to AK to ride EE. We spent 40 minutes in line, and literally just feet away from getting on a train, the ride broke down. No EE for us. By then, it was getting close to 3 p.m., so we bused back to EPCOT and got onto Soarin' in less than 15 minutes. The standby line wait time: 2 hours! :scared1:

After EPCOT, we bused to WL (where we had parked), walked around and took a few pics (which I'll post later), then changed for our dinner at CG. Tip: the large bathrooms to the right of Sturdy Branches make excellent places to freshen up. We drove over, walked up, and easily made our 5:30 reservation. We asked for and received a window table so that we had gorgeous views of MK. Originally, we had planned to go back to MK for Wishes, but given that was 10 p.m., that we had walked between 6-7 miles, and still had an hour + drive back to my daughter's house, we decided to end our evening at CG.

It was a lovely meal, and though AP is still our sentimental favorite, I have to admit that CG has better quality consistently than does Artist Point. We've never had an off meal or service there, while at AP we occasionally get a below average server or a meal that's not quite right. We soaked up the setting sun's rays and basked in each other's company. Oh, I should mention here that we were celebrating our recent engagement that night, so we received a huge slice of chocolate cake and a table decorated with a bit of pixie dust. It made for a fitting end to a hectic but fun day.

Our next "real" trip to the World isn't until November, and we're already chomping at the bit. . .:cool1:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Have you set a date for the wedding???? Do you have pictures of the big moment??? What a cool place to get engaged - go, you!

And I've always enjoyed 4 park days even though I'm pretty tired afterwards. Sounds like you had a great time on all counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter