VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to let Dynaguy know that we've moved!

Thanks to all who are handling the work of the date lists on page 1. Welcome to the new groupies, too! I think it is much less scary to join a group that is only a few pages long so maybe we'll pick up a few more people yet!

I'll have to let Dynaguy know that we've moved!

Thanks to all who are handling the work of the date lists on page 1. Welcome to the new groupies, too! I think it is much less scary to join a group that is only a few pages long so maybe we'll pick up a few more people yet!

so true, I would lurk on the other thread but never said much.. now you won't be able to shut me up :scared1: :rolleyes1

Welcome to our groupies akclayton!!

And keliblue, Welcome home!! Glad you are here!!

Thanks to all for the great encouragement to twokats and myself for the new thread. As Kathy says, we hope you enjoy this new thread as much as we enjoyed being a part of the previous. That thread took us through a lot, as a group. We had meets, we lost loved ones, we had sickness, we lost jobs, got new ones, and lots in between. And we all loved one another through it all.

So a special shout out needs to go to Stopher and Muushka for carrying us through it all. You guys are the best!!!!!!:worship:

Thanks to all for the great encouragement to twokats and myself for the new thread. As Kathy says, we hope you enjoy this new thread as much as we enjoyed being a part of the previous. That thread took us through a lot, as a group. We had meets, we lost loved ones, we had sickness, we lost jobs, got new ones, and lots in between. And we all loved one another through it all.

So a special shout out needs to go to Stopher and Muushka for carrying us through it all. You guys are the best!!!!!!:worship:

Yes Jimmy, now that you mention it, we did have a lot that happened through the last thread.
But through it all, I can't think of a nicer group of people to become friends with cyberly speaking.;)
:goodvibes

Yes Jimmy, now that you mention it, we did have a lot that happened through the last thread.
But through it all, I can't think of a nicer group of people to become friends with cyberly speaking.;)
:goodvibes

me either:grouphug:

We are at OKW for the week, ate several meals at WDW resorts and DTD, went to 3 Braves Spring Training games and went to the DarkSide(Universal and Islands of Adventure)
DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0005.jpg
DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg
DSC_0037.jpg
DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg
DSC_0045.jpg
Butterbeer
DSC_0048.jpg
DSC_0050.jpg
DSC_0051.jpg

Thanks Jimmy
I see you snuck over to VWL, don't blame you!

Have fun and say hey to Cap for me. :wave:

DSC_0098.jpg
Zoinks!!!!
DSC_0099.jpg
Rip Ride Rockit! Awesome!!
DSC_0128.jpg
Casey by Docs TimeMachine(Back to the Future)
DSC_0210.jpg
Casey and Kristian hanging out with Doc Brown
DSC_0303.jpg
Me and Casey after a drenching on Jurassic Park
DSC_0305.jpg
The Frog Choir

Just reading through the new thread! Great start! Thanks JT and Kathy.

Welcome to our new Groupies! Mighty pleased to have you join us. :cool1:

Love the new digs! And welcome to our new groupies. . .pull up a rocker and jaw awhile. . .just back from Florida with luvvwl and though it wasn't a scheduled Disney trip, we did manage a day in the World. . .all four parks in one day! We followed it up with dinner at CG, a crowning event for a very special occasion. :thumbsup2 It was wonderful!

Love the new digs! And welcome to our new groupies. . .pull up a rocker and jaw awhile. . .just back from Florida with luvvwl and though it wasn't a scheduled Disney trip, we did manage a day in the World. . .all four parks in one day! We followed it up with dinner at CG, a crowning event for a very special occasion. :thumbsup2 It was wonderful!

Cant be that close to the World without a visit...that would be, well that would be...just wrong!!!!:eek:

Cant be that close to the World without a visit...that would be, well that would be...just wrong!!!!:eek:
That's what luv said! ;) We actually went down to FL to visit my new granddaughter. . .oh, and to see my daughter and her husband, too. :lmao:The original plan had us going over for a day with a few cousins, but they wound up leaving a couple of days early. Since luvvwl and I had already planned a day, we followed through with said plans. We hit MK at 8 a.m., found minimal crowds and did a few rides before heading out to EPCOT by 9:40. By then, the Easter crowds were ramping up--we had to climb over planters and benches to get through the gate that said "No bags entrance" since the checking bags "line" was actually a mob of people extending 50 feet back from the check tables. We FP'd Soarin' (3:15! already!), then walked to the boat ramp at the World Showcase entrance where we boated to Boardwalk and walked through their model. . .nice, but I still like my VWL better. From there, we walked all the way to DHS, and by then it was 11. FP times for RnR and ToT were already mid-afternoon which didn't fit with our plans, so we FP'd Star Tours (about 45 minutes from that point, and we realized that FP times are park specific since we also held the FP for Soarin'), and had lunch at the Backstage Express. After hitting ST, we bused to AK to ride EE. We spent 40 minutes in line, and literally just feet away from getting on a train, the ride broke down. No EE for us. By then, it was getting close to 3 p.m., so we bused back to EPCOT and got onto Soarin' in less than 15 minutes. The standby line wait time: 2 hours! :scared1:

After EPCOT, we bused to WL (where we had parked), walked around and took a few pics (which I'll post later), then changed for our dinner at CG. Tip: the large bathrooms to the right of Sturdy Branches make excellent places to freshen up. We drove over, walked up, and easily made our 5:30 reservation. We asked for and received a window table so that we had gorgeous views of MK. Originally, we had planned to go back to MK for Wishes, but given that was 10 p.m., that we had walked between 6-7 miles, and still had an hour + drive back to my daughter's house, we decided to end our evening at CG.

It was a lovely meal, and though AP is still our sentimental favorite, I have to admit that CG has better quality consistently than does Artist Point. We've never had an off meal or service there, while at AP we occasionally get a below average server or a meal that's not quite right. We soaked up the setting sun's rays and basked in each other's company. Oh, I should mention here that we were celebrating our recent engagement that night, so we received a huge slice of chocolate cake and a table decorated with a bit of pixie dust. It made for a fitting end to a hectic but fun day.

Our next "real" trip to the World isn't until November, and we're already chomping at the bit. . .:cool1:

Whoa Sleepy! After reading that, I need a nap (and I just got up!!)!:rotfl:

Congratulations on your new granddaughter! Is this your first? So sweet. Yes, we want to see a picture of her.:goodvibes

Is it just me or do you all get excited when you see your name on the "upcoming trip list".. arrived at work this morning with the BLAH'sssss, it's raining again :guilty: Popped on the Dis with my morning cup:surfweb: and first place I went was here.. there I am !! :woohoo: what a way to start my day,,THX :flower3:

OK Groupies. . . . tomorrow April 12 is our first birthday on the new thread!!!

Get ready for it. . . . . . . . .

MickeyPlutostamp.jpg

"Happy Birthday Granny!"

Hope it is the best!!!

Loving the photos - especially the Christmas ones.

Does anyone have any suggestions for fun things to do at the lodge over the Christmas holiday? Things we can't do at other times of the year? What is the sleigh ride like?

Here is a link to a photo gallery of the few shots I took at the lodge last June - http://jenniferdifranco.smugmug.com/Disney-Vacations/Disney-Vacation-2011/Villas-at-Disneys-Wilderness/18000102_BtsVCg#!i=1379211548&k=K2X7wXq

And here is one for a slideshow from 2009 - http://jenniferdifranco.smugmug.com/Disney-Vacations/Walt-Disney-World-2009/AnimotoVWL/16919548_WZcvK7#!i=1278724867&k=PQ7VHQL

OK Groupies. . . . tomorrow April 12 is our first birthday on the new thread!!!

Get ready for it. . . . . . . . .

MickeyPlutostamp.jpg

"Happy Birthday Granny!"

Hope it is the best!!!

Oh Kathy, love that birthday pic!

Happy Birthday to our favorite Granny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter