Vow Renewal Ideas

My husband and I renewed our vows « by ourselves » on our extended balcony (no officiant) I brought my iPad for music. Ordered flowers and had a specialty cake done. Castaway Cay in the background. We celebrated with a Remy dinner.

It was romantic, emotional and amazing. We almost liked it more than our wedding day. Lol
This was great and basically what i envisioned. Did you order the flowers and they arrived the first day?? I want to surprise my wife- so wondering if i can ask that they not be brought to our room until our anniversary day.

This website is positive and a great thing i have used throughout my various Disney trips,.. . But in general people need to focus on providing useful information as opposed to speculating on imaginary "trouble". For those of you that provided some advice thank you!!!

For others- In no cruise, world, galaxy am i remotely worried that if family (my wife and 2 kids) are standing in a public area and my wife and i recite vows to each other in our normal voice- in any way am i even remotely violating, circumventing, bypassing, dodging, skirting, evading any rules. Obviously if i had a group of 40 and we tried to take over and disrupt others that is a different story...

Anyways, probably shouldn't side track, but some people can just really discourage the purpose of these boards which is to help each other and share information, tips etc.... Thanks again for all the advice guys- really getting excited only 10 days to go!!

Did you order the flowers and they arrived the first day??
The default is to have them waiting in your room when you arrive. I'd call DCL and ask if there are any other options? Are you traveling with anyone else? You might be able to have them delivered to their stateroom to hold until the actual day.

Thanks again for all the advice guys- really getting excited only 10 days to go!!
Just remember that the gifts and amenities order form closes several days before you sail. Here is an article with a handy chart to help.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...s-deadlines-for-ordering-gifts-and-amenities/

This was great and basically what i envisioned. Did you order the flowers and they arrived the first day?? I want to surprise my wife- so wondering if i can ask that they not be brought to our room until our anniversary day.

I can't remember if I ordered them for the first day or the day before Castaway Cay. But I did order weeks in advance.

I'm sure they can figure something out.

I ordered the cake weeks in advance and it got delivered early in the morning.

I would definitely recommend going with a stateroom balcony, since that is your own private space. You could also order champagne for you and non-alcoholic sparkling grape juice for the kids from room service, and a specialty cake from the cake shop.

If you really want to have the wedding outside your stateroom, I do think you are running a risk, and it would be no fun at all for your wife if you were reprimanded for conducting a ceremony in the public spaces of the ship without permission. This is really not unique to Disney: hotels typically do not allow unsanctioned wedding/vow ceremonies in their lobbies, poolside, or on the beach, as weddings are a big business for hotels. We have a local private botanical garden that is very scenic and they have a similar prohibition on private ceremonies, and they too charge thousands of dollars for folks to get married there. The fact is, if they allow people to get married "for free," then why would anyone pay thousands of dollars for the privilege of doing so?

Also, you know your wife best, but just saying, I would want to know if my husband was planning a vow renewal so I could pick out a dress, do my hair, possibly write my own vows etc. Just something to think about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter