• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vow Renewal Ideas

disneymore2

Mouseketeer
My wife and i will be celebrating our 15 year anniversary during an upcoming Fantasy Cruise. We are taking our DD 11 and DS 4. My wife has always wanted to renew our vows and i would like to surprise her with a "small" ceremony. All of the Disney planned events are meant for groups and cost much more then i would want to spend.

Ideally i just want a quiet place for 10-15 minutes where we can renew our vows. I want my daughter to be our "officiant". Would like a pretty bouquet for my wife to hold. In the perfect world I would also have a "musician" play music during the ceremony and a photographer (these last 2 i feel may not be possible). I was hoping to spend less the $500.

Any ideas on how to make this happen? Is there someone i should contact at Disney directly?

What a wonderful idea! I doubt that you would be able to do something on the ship that would fit your ideas without a much larger cost. Where are your ports? Maybe you could find an event planner at one of the locations or contact a local hotel.

What a wonderful idea! I doubt that you would be able to do something on the ship that would fit your ideas without a much larger cost. Where are your ports? Maybe you could find an event planner at one of the locations or contact a local hotel.
Just have a fall back plan, in case the port gets missed.

Thanks everyone. I guess I should have been more clear. The main part of the renewal I can do on my balcony if I need to. Just looking for ideas on places on the ship that might work?? I do realize that the photographer and musician are highly unlikely.

Thanks everyone. I guess I should have been more clear. The main part of the renewal I can do on my balcony if I need to. Just looking for ideas on places on the ship that might work?? I do realize that the photographer and musician are highly unlikely.
DCL will take a dim view of you using any of the public spaces for such activities. That's why they have their own Disney wedding/renewal packages.

If you keep it quiet (do it on your own balcony) there probably won't be an issue.

So confused. Someone will have to explain these “consequences”? So if we go to an outside deck and my daughter has us recite vows to each other (in our normal voices) and my wife holds a few flowers DCL will discipline me....ok I guess I’ll just drop this idea. Thanks

So confused. Someone will have to explain these “consequences”? So if we go to an outside deck and my daughter has us recite vows to each other (in our normal voices) and my wife holds a few flowers DCL will discipline me....ok I guess I’ll just drop this idea. Thanks
As others have said, DCL really wants you to buy the $3500 package. Will they actually punish you if a random CM sees you repeating your vows in front of your kids and the ocean without making a big fuss? My guess is no, but it is possible.

Why not propose again instead of renewing your vows? People do that all the time. You could get your kids involved with that for sure.

Practically, I see you mention flowers. The only way to have real flowers is to pre-order them using the gifts and amenities site. You cannot bring them on board and, at the end of the cruise, you have to leave them on board.

Good luck! I hope you have a lovely trip.

You could bring silk roses or a bouquet of silk flowers on board in your baggage. Order a bottle of champagne from gifts and amenities. Or the Romance Robe package comes with a red rose- about $100. Recite your vows on your balcony at sunset or at the back of the ship w/o making a big show of it. I can't see how anyone would bother you. You could set up a camera on a tripod to take a picture. Or ask someone nearby to snap a picture. In your cabin you could have your phone play some music. I think as long as you keep it private and quiet you could do this and it would be sweet. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

I agree with the above poster about ordering the Champagne/Romance package. You could also have a silk flower bouquet made ahead of time and enlist your DD to pack it without your wife seeing (kids usually love being in on the surprise!). And while it would not capture your balcony ceremony, you can arrange a private photo session at Shutters afterwards for the family. Good luck!

I would think the only consequences would be if you did it out a public deck area and a cm saw it. If you do it on your own balcony, no one else will know.

Another photography option might be to ask in your cruise group if there is a photographer who might be willing to take pictures for you. I know our cruise group has two or three people asking for photographers to take some quick senior pics and a family picture in Cozumel. I don’t know what the DCL rules are for private photographers, but I’m guessing if it’s done quietly, no one will be the wiser.

if you had your picture done with the Captain you could be wearing formal clothes (white sundress/ shirt and tie) and stand facing each other holding hands with the captain in an unofficial officiant position -

There will be consequences and you’ll be punished? What the hell does that mean? I know that Disney is the evil empire but what are they going to do, cut off your left hand? What could they possibly do other than asking you to stop? 🙄

My husband and I renewed our vows « by ourselves » on our extended balcony (no officiant) I brought my iPad for music. Ordered flowers and had a specialty cake done. Castaway Cay in the background. We celebrated with a Remy dinner.

It was romantic, emotional and amazing. We almost liked it more than our wedding day. Lol

CF71CC92-0559-496D-95DB-7E6C64FEBC55.jpeg1261ECE8-7C3F-42F1-8043-BA07618BC616.jpeg
CAE3CF59-4522-47BE-A9B9-48C400DCFE80.jpeg2E8FFD7F-6E94-422A-9747-C7BD3A57319C.jpeg010FE05C-BB47-4322-BD37-DE911A2A6234.jpeg8A83E591-8F3E-40A4-A7D8-BD1EAE70047D.png

Last edited:
My husband and I renewed our vows « by ourselves » on our extended balcony (no officiant) I brought my iPad for music. Ordered flowers and had a specialty cake done. Castaway Cay in the background. We celebrated with a Remy dinner.

It was romantic, emotional and amazing. We almost liked it more than our wedding day. Lol

View attachment 441858View attachment 441860
View attachment 441861View attachment 441859View attachment 441862View attachment 441863
How absolutely perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter