Volcano Bay waits

Wow good for him but
Actually - once your ride time was called you had the option to go back anytime after that. Son didn't go onto Krakatu until almost 90 minutes after it said he could ride because of the lovely guest services "ride" queue line we stood in for an hour to get our "complimentary express passes".

Such a fiasco

Wow good for him but that just proves my second point. If people can come back anytime after they are buzzed, there will be times when no one enters the actual line while other times when a ton of people do and you are adding to your wait.

The reality of this system is that people are not going to be able to ride slides while capacity goes wasted.

Wow good for him but

Wow good for him but that just proves my second point. If people can come back anytime after they are buzzed, there will be times when no one enters the actual line while other times when a ton of people do and you are adding to your wait.

The reality of this system is that people are not going to be able to ride slides while capacity goes wasted.

For yesterday - there were always waits in the lines even if the "ride now" option was showing up (ride now on the que selection) - rides breaking down constantly.

Will there always be a line in a que - no clue but there was yesterday.

Hi I posted this on another thread but figured I will here too. I read a tweet from Orlando Informer that you can't purchase EP on the website for VB right now. Is it a website technical issue or are they going to stop selling for awhile?

Magic bands are still a Trainwreck. It's just been long enough that many people forget you used to be able to get 5 or 6 E ticket Fastpasses a day on all but the worst days at all the parks

Still can, after you pull your first three, subject to availability of course.

I'm so glad that the last time I went to Disney parks was with my family in 2012 the week before Thanksgiving, right before they announced magic bands. We went on Splash mountain back to back and did the extended hours Christmas party. I wasn't planning to ever set foot on Disney property again after this magic band foolishness except my upcoming Universal trip happily coincided with the DIS 20th anniversary Epcot party without me even realizing until after I'd made reservations. Now I can pay my final respects to Horizon's site and visit my favorite park, which is a shell of its former self, and then hold onto my beautiful memories forevermore.

No, most people understand its a standby line. They just also understand its a flawed system especially at a water park.

First, lets take your simple example. You tap at FJ and it gives you a 90 minute wait time. You figure you have time to run to Suessland and grab some green eggs and ham for lunch. You just sit down to eat and your Tapu ends up telling you to head over because the line is going quicker. You have two options. Either throw the meal in the trash because you want to ride FJ or just say screw it and not ride and eat.

Also, water slides are the worse capacity rides on the planet. If there is not someone waiting at the entry point for the life guard to give the go ahead, its a major fail. There were several reports yesterday of working rides having no one ready to ride but having long waits. You can say its because its open day and they need to tweak but the solution is going to have to be having a 10-15 minute wait line after the Tapu tells you to show up. Your 40 minute wait is almost an hour now.

That scenario also gets worse in slow periods. The Tapu might say its 10 minutes when the real wait time is 5 minute(because you do know that wait times have a 0% accuracy). That is going to cause gaps in the rides and you may have just cut your ride capacity in half.

With the current system, OU is going to have a lifetime of bad PR. A new standby line system is going to take a lot of training of visitors on how it actually works. Many guests to Orlando are one and done visitors and are going to go back home telling friends how awful the VB system is as they hung around waiting while "nobody was in line".

I was wondering about that. I agree it is a MASSIVE fail if no one is waiting for the GO signal T the top of the slide t all times. And I see that always being a possibility with no standby. One slow dude going up the stairs could make the slide lose 3 or 4 riders, which is like an entire coaster train going out empty.

Reading repeated concerns and upsets with the new system at Vbay

All legit statements and concerns from many that have not gone yet is still another group contributing here

Send emails to guest services to voice your opinions and experiences you have/had

UO is one establishment that reads emails and answers them quickly

If the volume of emails in regards to Vbay is made, I would expect UO would review and work on correcting it

Suggest team work for sending emails to UO, would pay off

The more UO reads them, they will need to address the situation

It seems that Universal opened a bit early, which is unfortunate for those early adopters (the guests there now, and in the next few weeks). How is using your Tapu Tapu for minor rides working out? Seems if everyone is in a virtual line for the headliners, that would leave wide open availability for the lesser attractions.

Don't bite my head off...other than opening too soon, did Universal underprice VB tickets and Express Passes? Seems the system would work better if all rides were working and there were fewer guests in the park at any one time. If VB was priced the same as IOA, that would keep some people away.

It seems that Universal opened a bit early, which is unfortunate for those early adopters (the guests there now, and in the next few weeks). How is using your Tapu Tapu for minor rides working out? Seems if everyone is in a virtual line for the headliners, that would leave wide open availability for the lesser attractions.

Don't bite my head off...other than opening too soon, did Universal underprice VB tickets and Express Passes? Seems the system would work better if all rides were working and there were fewer guests in the park at any one time. If VB was priced the same as IOA, that would keep some people away.

Underprice the park? Heck no. Underprice Express? ABSOLUTELY!

They can go either way, keep the headliners TT, or make them SB only. As is, having them

Or they could just have the headliners TT and have everything else standby. Then people have plenty to do while they wait in their virtual queue. I have no doubt they will get it all figured out.

Or they could just have the headliners TT and have everything else standby. Then people have plenty to do while they wait in their virtual queue. I have no doubt they will get it all figured out.

Yeah, I updated my post many times, but it just wouldn't take.

They have to keep the big rides on TT, or they would have to abandon the whole "no lines" mantra.

I don't think the trap door slides should be on it either. I can't see those ever having much lines.

The bigger problem is that even their big rides are very short. The slide towers aren't very tall at all, resulting in some of the big slides lasting 20 seconds. After waiting on TT for hours? That's nuts.

Part of the entire fail of the Volcano, IMHO. They built a huge structure, with a huge staircase and didn't put any normal, super long, truly next gen slides on it.

Rastuso just skimming through this thread and felt so bad you did not have a great time at Vbay
The long wait times you mentioned must have been so aggravating

Hope you have a better visit next time

Soniam seems like her experience was not too bad

Not that it will make me now want to hit the water park right away but I might on another visit

I usually wait some some months to do the new rides when all the kinks are worked out

I wanted to buy the EP for july but it's not working...
Already booked a cabana
We're coming from Switzerland, and I don't want to lose a day riding only 2 or 3 attractions
Hope they will solve the issue!

I cannot login my account (website + app) anyone having the same problem ?
Tried to change password but still not working
Even tried to create a new account

Vaninou
Send an email to guest services for help and trouble shooting for account log in

Vaninou
Send an email to guest services for help and trouble shooting for account log in
Already did... had an answer that they are working on it....
But still not working
Is it maybe because i'm in Switzerland ?

If they replied back to you that they are working in it, wait to hear from them.

Doesn't matter where you live

Since you have internet and already heard once from them, hopefully it is just a matter of time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!