VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

I'm always that person too. Sometimes I have had time to sneak over and get a Krakatau ride in before it gets busy.
That is a perfect plan!! except I'll be the one to get the cabana!! lol

I will be that person too. We have a family cabana booked which is right across from Krakatau so my plan is to get there early so I'm close to the front of the line for the Cabana so we don't lose all of our early entry time.

I wonder how long the line gets for early entry. I don’t mind walking over early because we are staying at Cabana Bay
It can be very crowded! On Labor Day last year, we got there over an hour before early entry. There were already 3 or 4 families in line ahead of us. By the time they let us in, it was pretty crowded at the turnstiles. A few months ago on Memorial Day, we got their about 15-20 minutes before early entry and the turnstile area was packed. We were pretty far back but we were still able to drop our stuff and get one ride in before the line built up.

A tip I saw on here for people getting cabanas is to wait and check in until after you ride Krakatau. People have said they just drop their stuff on regular chairs and then get it after they ride.

I wonder how long the line gets for early entry. I don’t mind walking over early because we are staying at Cabana Bay
It seems a lot busier on weekends and holidays. I have had better luck walking over from CB on weekdays, but I still head over at least 20 mins before EE starts (Along with my coffee from Starbucks). I have never gotten a cabana though.

Is Early Entry worth it if we go during a busy time (Columbus Day weekend)? Or is it just super crowded? How was early entry during Labor Day weekend?

Is Early Entry worth it if we go during a busy time (Columbus Day weekend)? Or is it just super crowded? How was early entry during Labor Day weekend?
We went every day during Labor Day weekend using early entry and yes it was worth it for my family. It was around noon when it would start to get too busy and we would leave. Early entry gave us lots of seating options and ability to get on some slides before it got too crowded.

We went every day during Labor Day weekend using early entry and yes it was worth it for my family. It was around noon when it would start to get too busy and we would leave. Early entry gave us lots of seating options and ability to get on some slides before it got too crowded.
Sounds great! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Bear in mind Volcano Bay may or may not open on Columbus Day this year. Right now, the city of Orlando is under water restrictions due to sewage seepage caused by the hurricane, so it may not be open on October 10th. Make sure you keep check on that.

Bear in mind Volcano Bay may or may not open on Columbus Day this year. Right now, the city of Orlando is under water restrictions due to sewage seepage caused by the hurricane, so it may not be open on October 10th. Make sure you keep check on that.
I had no idea! I had seen it reopened on Sept 30th so assumed it would be open. So, it may close again?

I had no idea! I had seen it reopened on Sept 30th so assumed it would be open. So, it may close again?
I'm saying you just have to keep an eye on things because there is a developing situation with repairs in Orlando and the surrounding areas. I'm not sure on the power grid right now, but I do know there was some damage to the sewer system and water lines and internet has been down. If there are changes to the operating schedule, they will post them on the Universal website. Just keep check and be prepared for sudden changes.

I'm saying you just have to keep an eye on things because there is a developing situation with repairs in Orlando and the surrounding areas. I'm not sure on the power grid right now, but I do know there was some damage to the sewer system and water lines and internet has been down. If there are changes to the operating schedule, they will post them on the Universal website. Just keep check and be prepared for sudden changes.
Thank you! I would have not thought to keep an eye on it, but I will. That would impact the type of pass we renew. We were thinking of upgrading from 2-park to 3-pass, and I was going to do it before our trip so I would not spend time on that during the trip, but I’m now going to wait.

Thank you! I would have not thought to keep an eye on it, but I will. That would impact the type of pass we renew. We were thinking of upgrading from 2-park to 3-pass, and I was going to do it before our trip so I would not spend time on that during the trip, but I’m now going to wait.
It is an unusual situation, and Orlando rarely has this much damage from hurricanes. That said, you can easily do the upgrade when you have a spare moment, at a hotel desk(if staying on property), or at the CityWalk ticket booth(if paid in full). If you see an opportunity to go, I would upgrade the day before. We should know something on the most critical repairs to the area by midweek at the latest. I have friends in the area so I am getting information a little at a time.

Is anyone else looking to book a cabana/premium seating for a 2023 trip? If so, maybe we could keep each other updated on when they’ve been released for booking (I was told maybe later this month…)?

Trying to plan for our trip in June. We will be staying at DVC and doing 3 or 4 days of Disney. We want to hit Universal and VB also. We were there in 2018 so somewhat familiar, and are OK that we will not be able to do everything. Was thinking of getting a 2-day/3 park ticket (park to park) so we can do 1.5 days US/IOS and half day at VB. We really liked VB, even if just mostly to chill in wave pool/river, but I think we may have trouble hitting the rides we want at US/IOA if we just did one day (and a full day VB).

Looking for pros and going to VB morning vs afternoon. I guess we would need a locker to store our stuff, unless we go all the way back to our actual car, and I don’t recall how out of the way that may or may not be. Any tips or ideas are appreciated.

Trying to plan for our trip in June. We will be staying at DVC and doing 3 or 4 days of Disney. We want to hit Universal and VB also. We were there in 2018 so somewhat familiar, and are OK that we will not be able to do everything. Was thinking of getting a 2-day/3 park ticket (park to park) so we can do 1.5 days US/IOS and half day at VB. We really liked VB, even if just mostly to chill in wave pool/river, but I think we may have trouble hitting the rides we want at US/IOA if we just did one day (and a full day VB).

Looking for pros and going to VB morning vs afternoon. I guess we would need a locker to store our stuff, unless we go all the way back to our actual car, and I don’t recall how out of the way that may or may not be. Any tips or ideas are appreciated.
Mornings are less busy, unless you go in the late afternoon/evening. You have to take a bus from the parking garage to VB, so going back to your car is a big ordeal. Lockers are easily rentable. If you haven't been to UO in a while and don't have express pass, then you probably need those 1.5 days.

Is anyone else looking to book a cabana/premium seating for a 2023 trip? If so, maybe we could keep each other updated on when they’ve been released for booking (I was told maybe later this month…)?
Where are you staying?

I am!! If you hear anything let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!