Vista vs. Patterson vs. Chatham

I'm pretty sure all the complexes have a fitness center.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you're right. I know Chatham does forsure, but if I remember right, it was pretty small. I never used it and don't know of anyone who did, but I looked in it a few times and it wasn't THAT big... but it got the job done, i'm sure :)

Ok. I looked it up and if you're looking for a full gym there's a CM only gym by DTD that's like..$20 a month. You can pay as you go or you can have them take $4 out of your paycheck each week and go as much as you please.

Ok. I looked it up and if you're looking for a full gym there's a CM only gym by DTD that's like..$20 a month. You can pay as you go or you can have them take $4 out of your paycheck each week and go as much as you please.

What gym is that?

So has anyone here ever requested a certain apartment complex and not gotten it?
I know that the staff tries to be very accommodating but I don't want to have to show up two hours early to secure my spot. I believe May 16th is one of the first check in for the fall advantages, would that help my chances?

Then again I want Patterson, so that might not be in demand either way.

How far is the walk from Chatham to Vista Way? I'm having trouble finding maps of the area so I can get an idea of where they are.

Also, what is the Internet set-up situation in the apartments? Ethernet, wifi?

How far is the walk from Chatham to Vista Way? I'm having trouble finding maps of the area so I can get an idea of where they are.

Also, what is the Internet set-up situation in the apartments? Ethernet, wifi?

(google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=h&msa=0&msid=214492135887744124857.000499fde37be9f296e84&ll=28.391702,-81.543617&spn=0.144973,0.219727&z=12&source=embed)

this map helps me out all the time!! Its a map of all the need-to-know college program locations!

(google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=h&msa=0&msid=214492135887744124857.000499fde37be9f296e84&ll=28.391702,-81.543617&spn=0.144973,0.219727&z=12&source=embed)

this map helps me out all the time!! Its a map of all the need-to-know college program locations!

Thank you! This definitely helps, though I think I won't fully have a handle on it until I get there and can explore haha.

I hear this alot, but is it still fun if you don't like drinking, sexual activities :blush:, and strangers walking into your room?
I'm a goody two-shoe, will I still have fun at Vista Way?

My family friend is in CP right now at Vista. I think that it all depends upon your roommates, rather than your location.

They were later arrivals and were not allowed to do roommate matches, so they were randomly put together. They all sat down in the beginning and had frank discussions about drinking and sex and the agreement was that none of that would happen in their apartment. Especially the drinking since they are all underage and don't want to get kicked out. Two of her roommates drink -- but at bars (bec apparently the bouncers in Orlando bars can't read. Neither of them have fake ids, they use their real ids and get drinks any time they want). Some of them are sexually active, but they go to the boy's apartment for that, as per the deal they made together at the beginning.

In contrast, one of her friends is in Chatham and although her room is very nice, she's also had a lot of roommate problems with coming home and finding her room was not available and she's gone through a few roommates due to underage drinking in the room.

Okay here is my view on the three locations. I was a CP from August 2009 – May 2010.

Chatham – this is where I lived I had two 2 bedroom apartments and 1 bedroom apartment this is where I wanted to stay when I entered the program and it is lovely the 2 bedroom apartment rooms are HUGE you can easily fit 3 twin beds a dresser and 3 night stands in the room and still have room to do cartwheels so if there is only 2 twin beds a dresser and 2 night stands you know there is plenty of room the bathrooms are also big and the living room and kitchen is spacious I live in a 3 bedroom house in Michigan and those areas were bigger than what I have in my home now for the 1 bedroom apartment I felt like I was living in a box everywhere I turned my roommate was in my face when you walk in the door you are literally standing in the kitchen because the living room was no bigger than a handicap dressing room at your favorite department store so you know the bedroom and bath was tiny you had to go through the bathroom to access the closet and this was a pain if your roommate is in the shower now I did not live in 3 (or maybe it was 4) bedroom apartment at Chatham however my friend did and OMG space space space space they even had two refrigerators it was lovely as far as complex amenities after 10 pm you had to sign a guest in and after 1 am no guest not living in the complex can enter no one was ever at the pool so if you go your going to pretty much have it to yourself and the club house staff were super nice the laundry rooms were also never full either this is a very “non-social” complex because you rarely see people the bus stop is also right infront of the club house and it is walking distance from a shopping center and restaurants

Patterson - my friend lived here and I would often go visit him he lived in a 2 bedroom apartment and I felt like I was going to suffocate at times you know how I explained Chatham’s 1 bedroom apartment as being small and tiny where everywhere you turned someone was in your face well that’s how the 2 bedroom apartment in Patterson was the bedrooms as well had twin beds however, if you rolled over and opened your eyes your roommate (on their bed) will be right in your face I wouldn’t call this a “nonsocial” complex because classes are held here and I always saw people hanging out in the computer labs the bus stop for this complex is the Chatham bus stop it is a quick 5 minute walk however, if you are walking to the bus stop and your bus just pulled off 30 seconds ago and the bus driver is looking at you in your face they will NOT stop to pick you up so many people got left because they were not “directly” in front of the bus stop but you could clearly see that they were on the way to get on that bus bus

Vista – this is where majority of my friends lived if you are a social person this is where you need to stay the apartments were older but there were more spacious than Patterson but not as spacious as Chatham the amount space that you get for the rent that you pay (less than any other Complex) is spectacular the living room is about the size of a room at Chatham and the bedrooms are about the same sizes however the bathroom and kitchen are small all my friends stayed on the first level so I am not sure if the 2nd or 3rd floor rooms are different the bus stop for Vista is in the front of the complex and your bus will wait a good 15-20 minutes AFTER it was supposed to leave because it actually does if you always run late I would recommend this place so you wouldn’t miss the bus after working in 3 departments at 2 locations (Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios) managers are more forgiving to the bus leaving late than you “missing your bus” and often if you are late because of these reasons they will change your record card so your not reprimanded anyway this is where the library and main computer lab is located you are allowed to check our movies and video games

Whelp that is all I can remember about the 3 locations I hoped I helped some take care let me know if you have any questions!

I did two CPs. One in 2008 and one in the summer of 2009. I lived in Chatham Square both times.
I didn't want to live in Vista Way because I'm not a partier, etc. I also didn't like the look of the building. I saw pictures of Chatham and knew I wanted to live in Chatham. We had friends in Vista Way, but they would usually come visit us at our complex. The second program we had friends in Patterson and would go visit them since it was across the street from Chatham.
I was still very social living in Chatham. The first program I wasn't fully enjoying my time at Disney, the second program I had ALOT more fun because I got to know my roomies beforehand (we all decided to room together on Facebook) and we'd all done a program before so it was a different experience. I made a lot of friends the second time around, especially because my roomies were social and would introduce me to their friends, etc so together we all had a huge circle of friends. There were time when there would be ten of us hanging out in the parks as a group (and one of our friends made a tour group flag as a joke and all the CMs and even some guests got the joke and thought it was funny).
I felt very comfortable in Chatham, it wasn't a terrible walk to the bus stop or the laundry rooms, or the pool.

I also thought it was funny when for my first program I was in building 19 (19103) and for my second one I was in 18 (18102). Small world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter