Virtual Queue

HopperFan

"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."
Didn't want to post response on the Disney Water Park Queue thread but wanted to share pictures for you to see how they are handling the Virtual Queue at Universal, once checked in.

I like how fallon has a lot to do while you "wait in line though" like the first part is like a museum with all the different hosts and then the second floor there is entertainment and games and things to do so your not just standing there waiting in line. I haven't been on it but it seems like i nice way to wait.

I saw some video of that. At least they included Conan!

Still, it seems that if it works the way HopperFan says, you mill around the museum for a while, then they call your group, and it still takes an hour to process you through. That seems cumbersome and will mislead guests as to the actual wait time.

You enter the front door with your Virtual Appointment time then travel down a long hallway. We were the beginning of the next group so we were to fill the hallway. At the end of the hall you are given a color coded ticket (I forgot to take a picture) and enter a big room where the walls have windows full of props dedicated to each host. In the middle is a case you can watch some tv and just on the other side is the last area before the steps.

If you look at pics you see a colored round light on ceiling, that is the color ticket that was allowed to go up the stairs. Your ride is controlled by your color. We were in this area with 2 other colors (3 total) and there was room for more. Each color should represent one theater full of guests. Once upstairs it is cut up with columns some but basically two rooms. First room had sofas, video games etc and it was packed. We made our way to the last room that had a stage and lots of big screens. It was a montage of clips from the show that seemed to loop at about 30 minutes as we saw the whole thing and the beginning of it again. Sometimes they announce guests to come out on stage, and all we saw was the bear. When your color is called again you enter a queue from the main room.

You get your glasses then you line up just like you do for Soarin'. They do another video on the screen. Then you enter the theater room by rows, sit and have your few minute ride. From the time we got our color ticket downstairs until we got on the ride it was right about one hour. Now if no one is riding it, I suppose you can skip colors until each color is full but once it is fully open I doubt that will happen until folks get bored with it. The one picture of the queues looks like it might be possible for them to do Express Pass here.

All 3 of us felt quite closed in and crowded upstairs.

IMG_7092.jpg

IMG_7094.jpg

IMG_7099.jpg

IMG_7102.jpg

IMG_7095.jpg

IMG_7101.jpg

IMG_7103.jpg

IMG_7110.jpg

IMG_7107.jpg

IMG_7109.jpg

IMG_7111.jpg

IMG_7112.jpg

IMG_7113.jpg

IMG_7114.jpg

IMG_7115.jpg

IMG_7118.jpg

IMG_7117.jpg

IMG_7119.jpg

IMG_7121.jpg

IMG_7122.jpg

Very interesting. At least the museum part looks cool. It sounds like it will not manage wait times well. Is the ride much like Soarin'? I really have no idea what it is even supposed to be like. Honestly, the thought of a ride based on Jimmy Fallon is weird to me anyway (I'm not a big fan).

I applaud them for trying something new at least. I wonder if they will be able to make adjustments during the test phase.

Thanks for the info and great pics!

Very interesting. At least the museum part looks cool. It sounds like it will not manage wait times well. Is the ride much like Soarin'? I really have no idea what it is even supposed to be like. Honestly, the thought of a ride based on Jimmy Fallon is weird to me anyway (I'm not a big fan).

I applaud them for trying something new at least. I wonder if they will be able to make adjustments during the test phase.

Thanks for the info and great pics!

No way is it even close to Soarin' and I have no idea how anyone compared them. 3D movies are nothing new. Curved screens ... around 50 years old, nothing new. 4D effects like wind blowing nothing new. It's more like the 4D theater at Epcot. A giant section of the floor bounces around. You are literally sitting in a theater to look like Fallons, you go no where. For lack of a better word it was lame. I'm from NYC area and was so disappointed in the movie and it's lack of NYC. DS said it might give smaller kids a kick.

Sign said no photos so I obeyed but here are some from Inside the Magic

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/...al-orlando-packed-with-tonight-show-insanity/

IMG_6301.jpg

I have no idea of what this attraction is about ....... it looks like a lot of very bored people

wasting precious " Theme park " time .

In the Phots there were very few happy looking people .

No way is it even close to Soarin' and I have no idea how anyone compared them. 3D movies are nothing new. Curved screens ... around 50 years old, nothing new. 4D effects like wind blowing nothing new. It's more like the 4D theater at Epcot. A giant section of the floor bounces around. You are literally sitting in a theater to look like Fallons, you go no where. For lack of a better word it was lame. I'm from NYC area and was so disappointed in the movie and it's lack of NYC. DS said it might give smaller kids a kick.

Sign said no photos so I obeyed but here are some from Inside the Magic

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/...al-orlando-packed-with-tonight-show-insanity/

IMG_6301.jpg

Whaaaa....? That sounds quite...underwhelming.

Whaaaa....? That sounds quite...underwhelming.

Completely underwhelming.

Start at second 20 is the ride film .... and you can see a snippet but it gives you an idea .....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!