Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Not sure if these were mentioned in the previous pages, but about how long is the wait usually for Tron and Guardians using the VQ? Nervous about a boarding group call time conflicting with ADRs.
Boarding groups get you into what is essentially a controlled standby. The ILL users will get priority. Therefore, the lines for BGs is typically between 30-60 minutes, depending on time of day.

Guardians typically allows you to get in line anytime after called, so if you’re close to an ADR, go to the adr first, tho I’m not sure most will want to ride gotg after eating 🤣

Tron is strict with their returns, so once your group is called, you have 1 hour to return.

Not sure if these were mentioned in the previous pages, but about how long is the wait usually for Tron and Guardians using the VQ? Nervous about a boarding group call time conflicting with ADRs.
It varies but for me it ended up being about 45 min for both.

Here now. Just got boarding group 49! Can’t take time to read all this (wasn’t planning on doing TRON so didn’t prepare!) what time should I expect to be called? Are there more than 49 groups at a time??

Here now. Just got boarding group 49! Can’t take time to read all this (wasn’t planning on doing TRON so didn’t prepare!) what time should I expect to be called? Are there more than 49 groups at a time??
The time will change to earlier, most likely. Keep an eye on MDE. Do not be late for Tron, they have been strict about return times.

Please check your VQ reservation in MDE. It will show you your anticipated return time but this time WILL change. Just keep an eye on it. Most times the return time moves earlier than first anticipated.

You will see something like this in MDE:

1686145039838.png

It does not show an anticipated return time. I’ve never seen one with a BG at DL. The Touringplans app predicts 11:40 for group 49.

Attachments

• IMG_6024.jpeg
    IMG_6024.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 21

They had been showing estimated times for Tron but they ended up being too inaccurate, so they yanked that part. Maybe as they get more data they'll add it back but in the meantime you should just use Thrill Data or Touring Plans and keep an eye on VQ progression in the app.

To answer a prior question they do NOT call 49 groups at a time. IIRC they start with a group of about 10-12 and add one at a time from there.

It does not show an anticipated return time. I’ve never seen one with a BG at DL. The Touringplans app predicts 11:40 for group 49.
Are you asking about Disneyland in California? You have posted your question in the Walt Disney World in Florida section of DISboards.

You may wish to ask your question in the Disneyland forum.

They had been showing estimated times for Tron but they ended up being too inaccurate, so they yanked that part. Maybe as they get more data they'll add it back but in the meantime you should just use Thrill Data or Touring Plans and keep an eye on VQ progression in the app.

To answer a prior question they do NOT call 49 groups at a time. IIRC they start with a group of about 10-12 and add one at a time from there.
Thank you for the update. This is the first time I've heard that return times have been removed from MDE. I will remove the information I added this morning to page 1.

The best option for gauging return time is to keep an eye on the VQ to see what's BG's are currently being called and try to guess form there. Unfortunately it really is a guess as it changes from day to day.

Thrill-Data shows historically when BG's were called but again, past performance can change day to day.

Guardians BGs called over past week:
1686160803385.png

Tron BG's called over the past week:
1686161134488.png

If we get a boarding group at the 6pm stop, are the return times always during the extended hours? We just got BG 226. There is no return time, and there is no info on what boarding group they are currently on. Guardians shows that info. We plan to stay in the hotel until closer to 10 pm, extra hours are 11-1. How do we know if it’s getting close to our group?

If we get a boarding group at the 6pm stop, are the return times always during the extended hours? We just got BG 226. There is no return time, and there is no info on what boarding group they are currently on. Guardians shows that info. We plan to stay in the hotel until closer to 10 pm, extra hours are 11-1. How do we know if it’s getting close to our group?
I read that the BG could be called before EEMH.

I GOT BG 216 for tonight and also no longer see what BG they are on. Possibly because Tron is down after that thunderstorm earlier.

Found it

In the Virtual Que tab

Attachments

• IMG_6098.png
    IMG_6098.png
    87.1 KB · Views: 21
Boarding groups get you into what is essentially a controlled standby. The ILL users will get priority. Therefore, the lines for BGs is typically between 30-60 minutes, depending on time of day.

Guardians typically allows you to get in line anytime after called, so if you’re close to an ADR, go to the adr first, tho I’m not sure most will want to ride gotg after eating 🤣

Tron is strict with their returns, so once your group is called, you have 1 hour to return.
So is the wait for the ILL queue much shorter, like 5-10 minutes (like most other LLs)?

So is the wait for the ILL queue much shorter, like 5-10 minutes (like most other LLs)?

We waited a bit longer than that in ILL (maybe 15-20?) in early May. You do skip basically all of the Wonders of Xandar preshow stuff and just go straight to the second preshow. I think it's the 2nd, anyway, I've only ever done Cosmic Rewind once at it was through the ILL queue. So now I want to go back and do the full queue experience, lol.

We waited a bit longer than that in ILL (maybe 15-20?) in early May. You do skip basically all of the Wonders of Xandar preshow stuff and just go straight to the second preshow. I think it's the 2nd, anyway, I've only ever done Cosmic Rewind once at it was through the ILL queue. So now I want to go back and do the full queue experience, lol.
ILL doesn’t skip any preshows. It does skip the gallery though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter