Virgin - when do you choose the seats?

Just to say - I called and booked my flights today and then right away was able to log and and choose our seats.

We got on of the elusive pairs at the back on the flight out. :)

And upstairs on the way home. :banana:

woohooooo!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

We normally pick ours online as soon as we book them. Unfortunately on our flight out we're behind the wing (I always prefer to be in the front half of the plane) but at least we're on the right side (for views when coming into Orlando).

The only seats that you normally pay for are Fire-Exit or Bulk-Head seats (i.e. those with more space).

I can't remember how many months out it is, but I think it's 10...

We forgot till about 6 months out, but still managed to get decent seats.

We booked with VH, but didn't get a VA reference. However, if you go to the "manage my flights" part of the web page, you can try to find your booking there using your lead passenger name, date, time of flight, flight number etc. That's what I did and it came up straight away. I then took a note of the VA reference for future web visits when I did API, meals etc.

Hope this helps.

I tried this recently as I booked with VH and forgot all about my seat until now! It couldn't find the details - can I ring instead? Does anyone have a telephone number? Thanks.

I am so grateful for this thread!

I booked some flights for July with Virgin (direct) a month or so ago, and must have completely overlooked the fact that you can choose your seats online after booking, I just assumed it was like BA where you choose when you online checkin 24hours before.

I just went onto Virgin's website.. There were literally only a handful of unreserved seats left, luckily I managed to get two together!

So glad I read this, you guys saved me! :cool1:

OMG I wonder if hubby booked seats for us at booking time, don't think so. We are away in 7 weeks time and never even crossed my mind to book seats - we're travelling with a toddler and I'll be well unimpressed if we're not all sat together! I wish hubby wasn't at work right now so I could find out!!

mo x

Well guys thank you for this thread!!! Hubby called VA today and we've managed to get 3 seats together for flight home but not for flight out yet. They have booked a 2 and one and have said to mention it at check in and they will swap a single traveller so that we can travel together as that is their policy for people travelling with young children!! Hope this is true!! If not it could be a nightmare with a two year old trying to go between mummy and daddy for the whole flight!

So glad you guys brought this to my attention!

Thank you!

mo x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter