Virgin Flying Club question

Neoshoegal

would rather be in Walt Disney World
I would normally look this up on the VA website, but it seems to be having some issues today, so asking here.

If a return flight to Orlando in UC using points is 100000 points (+taxes), does that mean that a one way flight would be 50000 points?

IF (and its a big If) you can find any reward seats!

Not usually a problem outbound if you are flexible but as Obi says, find flights coming back can be a nightmare.

I have absolutely no clue but it's really frustrating. Happens to me every time. I used to save up miles for a return reward now I just use for upgrades as its extremley rare to get the return from MCO.

Darn, as thinking of booking the return part (Orlando-London). Would be for November next year, outside of school holidays (I know that's not bookable yet, but starting to put a few things/ideas together). Fairly flexible dates, give or a take a few.
What are my chances of getting 2 people booked with points only?

Sorry to be pesimistic but don't hold your breathe.
You are able to check as soon as they could possibly come out which is great but honestly the chances are slim. Saying that I recently by some random act of luck scored 2 returns in July so they certainly are not unheard of.
Have you considered coming home from Miami? The drive is not too bad just a little boring and of course more inconvient but you get VPort which is a huge plus. Theres usually tons of availibilty from Miami-LHR :)

thing is with the mco route is upper class normally only has around 14 seats so VA dont like to give them as reward seats if they can get money for them.

MIA might be a better option as they are more for the business route and have more upper class seats.

I would ring the flying club at 7am on the 11 month mark to see what reward seats they have if any as these will go quick if there are any on sale

We would consider Miami, no issue there (well, not keen on Miami airport but that's due to a bad experience 8 years ago, but that was with a different airline and it doesn't mean we wouldn't fly from there ever again!).
Does the Miami flight go to Heathrow? That could work out better too.

Thnaks for the advice! I knew I could count on you guys! :thumbsup2

Plenty of outward UC points only flights for two for this November to MCO - only one inbound. Even more available in/out of MIA - every date I put in came up. And yes, MIA flights are from LHR... :thumbsup2

Thanks! I think that means we've pretty much decided on our vacation for next year!!! Sooooo excited!!!
:yay:

Never used Miami to go into the States because of the real horror stories I've heard but honestly the 2 times last year we used Miami to go out we thought the airport was actually pretty good. It has food choices and a good duty free to browse. It's not as pretty as MCO imo but we would def fly out from there if we needed to again. Yep the Heathrow aspect is always a bonus for us to (closer to home) and like I said VPort is so much better than odessy or nova IFE so another bonus for you. Almost makes up for the drive.....almost.

Another bonus for us with flying from Miami is that we would be able to visit friends in Fort Lauderdale. So I'm liking this scenario :thumbsup2

why's that? :confused:

I can tell you why I think it is (this is purely based on my thinking when I book - paying for flights and upgrades as opposed to using points as I don't have a VFC Card).

It is usually too expensive to upgrade to UC on both flights so I prefer the return trip to be the better class. My reasons are:
On the outbound it is a day flight so it doesn't matter as much about not being able to lie down for a long sleep
Coming home I want the greater baggage allowance that comes with UC and I WANT to have a good sleep as it is at night and I know I am going to be jetlagged anyway when we get back.

I know others are of similar mind when booking and I suspect that there is less need for the airline to offer the reward seats when people are more likely to pay cash with them on the way home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter