Vinylmation Collectors Unite!!

Princess_Nikki

DIS Veteran
I'm hoping we could use this thread as a place to post all of our questions, pictures, or announcements of Vinylmation here?

Moderators, could we possibly get a sticky thread for Vinylmation collectors?

That would be great! :thumbsup2

I started collecting them only recently. I saw them at the parks when Park 1 series came out. Wish I had bought a few then!!! I'm going to take a pic of the ones I just got at WDW and post here.

Collectors, post your pics! Would love to see what else everyone has. ;)

I remember when i first saw these that I thought they were so weird. Then my fiance got me one and ive been hooked. Only wish I had a park or urban 1 now.

Ugh, I wish I had bought some of Park 1 when we were in NYC last year! They had them at the World of Disney store. If only I had known they would become quite the collectible. haha

I have a few myself...bought some on our trip in August then got one for Christmas and my family just brought me one back from their trip. Can't wait for April to get one in the new park set. They are all awesome! :thumbsup2

I've known about them for awhile but I didn't decide to start a collection until a few days ago! :rolleyes1 I decided that my first two will be one from the Epcot F&GF and the large plain white one. If I go on DCL again, I want to have some cast members sign it! I saw a couple of people doing that when I was there in December and I thought it was so cool!

I really wanted the vinylmations from DCL but sadly they don't make them anymore:scared1: (ebay!)

Does anyone know when the DVC vinylmations will come out?

Not sure about the DVC ones but I'm hoping by April when we're there! I have to get one!

Saw the perspective artwork today, I think you'll be very pleased!

One has blue sky with white picket fencing with "mm" cutouts in the top of the boards...

One is the basic DVC logo with the mountains and palm trees- very cool...

And one is purple with a yellow gold "head" that becomes the top of a key with the blade part drifting down the body. The back of the head has the DVC logo.
All art by Lisa Badeen.

Yeah, we'll need those in our collection.

I saw the artwork too and I really want the one that has the mountain and the blue sky, like the original DVC artwork. I wonder if those will be for DVC members first. :banana:

I saw the artwork too and I really want the one that has the mountain and the blue sky, like the original DVC artwork. I wonder if those will be for DVC members first. :banana:

I hope so! I think it would be pretty lame if they make DVC vinylmations and non-members snatch them all up. :mad:

I hope so! I think it would be pretty lame if they make DVC vinylmations and non-members snatch them all up. :mad:

I agree! But nevertheless, I'm really excited to start collecting them. I wish there was a way to see which one you were buying, since I know that when you buy them it's random. :confused3

I'm looking forward to seeing the DVC Vinylmations! Who knows how they will be released, as Disney is well know for forever breaking their own rules. (Like issuing the Candy Corn Vinylmation early that was meant for MNSSHP!)

I would LOVE to be a Disney artist, I was researching it the other day.

It would be nice to see what you are getting, but I guess Disney wanted to make it mysterious. :confused3

I got a bunch in the mail today!!! :yay:

Yeah, it does kind of stink you can't see which one you are getting. That's why I bought a couple I wanted off ebay. I was so excited though when I got the Jungle Cruise one in a blindbox! :banana:

Sounds like Disney is going to do some vinylmations with a window.
The Sports series is supposed to be packaged with a window and so is the Big Eyes series.
I hope DVC members have 1st shot at the DVC vinylmations. Hopefully the release will be better than the Cindy 60th and the Wall E limited edtions.
Can't wait until we can start trading in the Parks!:goodvibes

Yeah, it does kind of stink you can't see which one you are getting. That's why I bought a couple I wanted off ebay. I was so excited though when I got the Jungle Cruise one in a blindbox! :banana:

Very cool!!!!! I would love Jungle Cruise! I got Carousel the other day in a blindbox and jumped up and down for joy. Now, if only I can get that lucky with a Chaser!! :rotfl:

Sounds like Disney is going to do some vinylmations with a window.
The Sports series is supposed to be packaged with a window and so is the Big Eyes series.
I hope DVC members have 1st shot at the DVC vinylmations. Hopefully the release will be better than the Cindy 60th and the Wall E limited edtions.
Can't wait until we can start trading in the Parks!:goodvibes

Oh Wow, windows would be awesome, and I'll be looking forward to the sports ones!

Well add me to the list for a big fan of the Disney Vinylmation's!!!!! I just love them!!!

I have about 29 of them so far!!!

I was lucky enough to have someone get me the Cinderella one and I payed almost an arm and a leg for the Wall-E & EVE, but I just had to have them!

I just saw on facebook they are going to be having a Vinylmation store at Downtown Disney! It's supposed to open this spring!

Nikki, that is awesome you got the carousel...I love that one too! I wish I could get a chaser but I'm not that lucky. :mad: That's why I can't wait for park 4 because I love every single one of the designs and will be happy no matter which one I get (I plan on getting atleast 2 of them when we go in April!).

I'm amassing quite the Vinyl collection as well, but it's not really picture-worthy, they just sit on my desk or random places at my sister's house. I wanted them before they even came out (because I think they are adorable), but being so far from Disney and only making a few trips a year, it's harder to get them, especially since I'm more of a 'get the ones I want' type as opposed to buying blindly. So I do a lot of eBay purchasing. :P

I have:
4 from Park 1
9 from Park 2 (wow, didn't realize I had that many!)
2 from Park 3 and the 9 inch Rizzo.

2 from Urban 1
2 from Urban 2
1 from Urban 3

2 Muppets on the way from eBay

The Jack-o-Lantern from the Holiday series, the Candy Corn holiday special and the Christmas tree holiday special.

So, 25 3-inchers and 1 9-incher. And of all of those, I only bought 3 in person; the 2 holiday specials and the Rizzo. :)

I love the Cutesters; since I want most of them I'm probably gonna end up buying a case, but haven't gotten around to it yet. :)

Oh! I meant to add...

One cute thing that my sister and I do is that I have some kind of random ones; so we leave them different strange places around her house and call them 'hidden Mickeys'. She also has a couple of rooms in her house with a 'theme,' so if I see a vinyl that fits her theme, I buy it for her house.

I just saw on facebook they are going to be having a Vinylmation store at Downtown Disney! It's supposed to open this spring!

Nikki, that is awesome you got the carousel...I love that one too! I wish I could get a chaser but I'm not that lucky. :mad: That's why I can't wait for park 4 because I love every single one of the designs and will be happy no matter which one I get (I plan on getting atleast 2 of them when we go in April!).

:scared1: A vinylmation store?! That's awesome!!! Bahaha, yeah, don't worry you're not alone with missing out on getting a Chaser blindly. I'm sure I won't either! :rotfl:

Nice collection ThatsNotVeryMagical! :thumbsup2
I need to take a pic of mine today sometime........

My collection so far

100_1807.jpg

Special releases with Mickey presenting them LOL
100_1809.jpg

Cutesters set
100_1810.jpg

Holiday set
100_1812.jpg

If I don't really want to purchase a case of an entire set, I just do one blind box or get it off of Ebay
100_1811.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter