Victoria & Jacks PJ - WP/WR/SC - April 5th 2011 - Update 01/09

i want to see you in that big princessy dress!!! when is your appointment? You soooo have to take photos!!!

im excited for you!
I just called croydon BHS, they don't have it but can order it in for me, will take 2-3- weeks though.

Looong wait :(

ooh that is long.. did you say it was the one in oxford street that didnt have it?

have you tried bexleyheath? i know they have a large wedding section in sheffield meadowhall - but thats too far for you heh! is there one in lakeside?

2 - 3 weeks is long!

ooh that is long.. did you say it was the one in oxford street that didnt have it?

have you tried bexleyheath? i know they have a large wedding section in sheffield meadowhall - but thats too far for you heh! is there one in lakeside?

2 - 3 weeks is long!
I'm not sure if bexleyheath will have a bit enugh dept either....could call i guess.

When I looked at last years dresses online they only seem to stock them at about 5 BHS stores (and online of course) I am sure 3 of them were Oxford St, Sheffield Meadowhall, and Manchester - I cant remember where the others were?!

Oh and if you bought one online and wanted to take it back you had to take it back to one of those 5?!:confused:

so how much is the dress if you dont mind me asking, i just coudlnt find it on the website

I know!!!!

Makes me think it wont be as comfortable or whatever, but its so pretty its worth a try.

Might be that its not very well coretted or whatever, but i can always get underwear to make up for that!

Have you booked an appointement to go back and try it on

You look beautiful in all of the dresses! That one from BHS looks lovely though, a proper princess dress!

Sorry you've been having a rubbish time lately :( Hope you're better after your surgery! Planning will get you feeling in a better mood in no time :thumbsup2

Right, I have finally got my guest list sorted I think.

Brides Guests

Mum and Dad
Rose and Phil (like a 2nd mum and Dad to me)
Katie and Hayley (above's daughters and 2 definite bridesmaids)
Alison (my best friend from school and hopefully a BM) and her BF
Emma and Jenny (2 other firends from school) and their BFs
Aunts and uncles (x4)
Cousins (x3)
Mum & Dads best friends

So that's 25 for my half.

Grooms guests
Mum and her BF
Dad and a +1
Sister and fiance
Sister and husband and 2 kids
Aunt and 2 cousins
Ross (his best man) and his GF
2 of jacks other friends and GFs

So 19 guests for Jacks half.

Joint friends from Uni
Jessie (my best friend from University, I lvoe her and want her as a BM but see below for problem :( )
Another 9 friends from Uni.

So all in all thats 54 people, 31 invitations to send - I've ordered 40 so I've got spares.

Also, I ordered 50 magnets today as they were on special so I got 50 for £5!

Here they are:

magnet.jpg

Now for the drama.

I have always wanted 4 Bridesmaids, as there are 4 people that I really love who mean a lot to me and I want to be a part of my day.

My mum's always listened to that but not taken it seriously, it seems, until now.

On the weekend she jsut started saying (like I'd never mentiond the whole 4 idea) how I'm hvaing 2 bridesmaids.

I said 'no, 4' and she got really stressy saying 4 was silly, and too many and that 2 is plenty and dad will get mad with 4 that I'm going over the top and I need to calm down with all the plans.

But what do I do about my 2 friends who I want to be bridesmaids for me? I really don't think my mum is going to budge, and if my dad gets onside there's no way, but I don't want to deeply upset people that I love, I really feel like I can't win!

Also my mum thinks hainvg one school friend as BM is asking for trouble from the others, and the same for only having one university friend. Although I think she may just be saying this to convince me have 2.

Urgh! I wish tehre was an answer!!! I literally cannot win at all in this! It's either upset my family or my friends, great!

Right, I have finally got my guest list sorted I think.

Brides Guests

Mum and Dad
Rose and Phil (like a 2nd mum and Dad to me)
Katie and Hayley (above's daughters and 2 definite bridesmaids)
Alison (my best friend from school and hopefully a BM) and her BF
Emma and Jenny (2 other firends from school) and their BFs
Aunts and uncles (x4)
Cousins (x3)
Mum & Dads best friends

So that's 25 for my half.

Grooms guests
Mum and her BF
Dad and a +1
Sister and fiance
Sister and husband and 2 kids
Aunt and 2 cousins
Ross (his best man) and his GF
2 of jacks other friends and GFs

So 19 guests for Jacks half.

Joint friends from Uni
Jessie (my best friend from University, I lvoe her and want her as a BM but see below for problem :( )
Another 9 friends from Uni.

So all in all thats 54 people, 31 invitations to send - I've ordered 40 so I've got spares.

Also, I ordered 50 magnets today as they were on special so I got 50 for £5!

Here they are:

magnet.jpg

Now for the drama.

I have always wanted 4 Bridesmaids, as there are 4 people that I really love who mean a lot to me and I want to be a part of my day.

My mum's always listened to that but not taken it seriously, it seems, until now.

On the weekend she jsut started saying (like I'd never mentiond the whole 4 idea) how I'm hvaing 2 bridesmaids.

I said 'no, 4' and she got really stressy saying 4 was silly, and too many and that 2 is plenty and dad will get mad with 4 that I'm going over the top and I need to calm down with all the plans.

But what do I do about my 2 friends who I want to be bridesmaids for me? I really don't think my mum is going to budge, and if my dad gets onside there's no way, but I don't want to deeply upset people that I love, I really feel like I can't win!

Also my mum thinks hainvg one school friend as BM is asking for trouble from the others, and the same for only having one university friend. Although I think she may just be saying this to convince me have 2.

Urgh! I wish tehre was an answer!!! I literally cannot win at all in this! It's either upset my family or my friends, great!

Well, this may or may not help win your Mum over. My wedding has 50 Guests, and Robert and me are having three people each in our parties. He's got his Best Man and Two Ushers, and I've got my Maid of Honour and Two Bridesmaids, and we don't think it will be too many at all. I personally don't think four would be a silly amount at all. Have you explained how much it means to you to have these four people? I'm only having five friends at the wedding (Plus their Guests) and three of them are my Bridesmaids.... It's all about who you want with you in your party on the day- They're going to be your support network.

I have a friend who is getting married in June and she has seven bridesmaids and her Fiance has 8 Best Men... It's just different things for different people, depending on what they want... :goodvibes

Hope you get it all sorted.... :hug:

Bob xoxoxox

:( Is your dad paying for the wedding? If he is, maybe you could offer to pay for the Bridesmaids dresses and their flowers for the 2 extra that you want?

It's up to you who you want up there with you after all - 4 isn't silly at all. 2 of my friends who are definitely coming are going to be bridesmaids, if my other 2 best friends come, then I'm definitely going to have them too! I want them up there with me! And my wedding isn't going to have as many people as yours!!

Thanks Bob and Hayley, made me feel a lot better. :)

I know it'll all work out fine, just little things seem a big deal when it's for such a special day I think.

Love thefirst dress and Love the save the dates. What an adorable scrapbooking album also...Love things like that!!!

OMG guys!!

Look what I just found online!!

2480.jpg

Green and pink and everything!!

E-mailed the store to see if I can get a quantity discount!! :)

OMG guys!!

Look what I just found online!!

2480.jpg

Green and pink and everything!!

E-mailed the store to see if I can get a quantity discount!! :)

ARE THOSE BUBBLES????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!