Victoria & Jacks PJ - WP/WR/SC - April 5th 2011 - Update 01/09

Hi guys,

sorry for the long break in updates. I've been away from the DIS for a few days, had to have emergency surgery and it got very emotional. :(

I tried to keep my mind occupied by talking about the wedding but a few people started asking stuff like "But there will be an at home reception, wont there?" and making any excuse as to why they can't travel that far, literally every reason I said tha would make it easier for them, they had an extra 2 that meant they couldn't.

On top of my stress and worry it really made me miserable. I spent loads of the week crying, and looking up weddings for just the two of us, far away where we didn't have to worry about anyone else and their opinions.

Since the surgery got done on Thrsday though I'm feeling a bit more optimistic, and watched enchanted and listened to the wishes song a lot, and I do still love the Disney idea - why can't people be happpy for me?

What I am considering doing though is scaling it down, maybe to an escape, but I'll see.

I told my parents how I don;t want the WDW wedding when I was in a rage on wednesday and they both said I'd change my mind back again! Lol.

It just seems some people, no matter what the situation is, have to make it all about them. :(

Family and friends stink you nkow. We had the same issue but it causd us to cancel our wftw. Now we will be doing a VR either next year or the year after.

Alot of people Ive realized were stuck in their traditional wedding and I am starting to think they just didnt want me to do it because THEY couldnt. This is why, vin and I will be doing a vr for who we choose to be invited... although i wish we would have been strong enough to do it in wdw originally :(

they are so pretty did you order them through your wedding website because they match

yeah, :)

Really cheap too! Lol.

Under £1 each including paper upgrade and matching envelopes!

really??? thats so good. I want to make some kind of rsvp cards (business card size maybe) with an envelope so i can put them in our pre std card.

they are really nice!

Eeeeee! Spent the day in London, mainly on oxford street today, where I tried this dress on first:

45021741_m1.jpg

Which was nice, and pretty but not really a wedding dress in my opinion, I think it was the lack of poofiness.

Then we headed a long to 3 or 4 of the department stores on Oxford St where I tried on 4 more:

This was my favourite, but it still isnt the 'one'.

20071221_033010611085

This my mum just loved and had tears in her eyes, but I think I wasn't so keen as it doesnt touch the floor:

20071221_033010611185

I also tried on this one and another i cant find a picture of, but neither looked great:

20071221_033010410285

After all of this it was getting late, so we headed back, but my mum loves the big BHS on Oxford Street, so we popped in and she convinced me to go look at the bridal in there.

Now, I'm not a fan of BHS (it's always seemed a bit fuddy duddy to me) but I was in a wedding dress mood so said OK.

I am sooooo glad I did as one of their dresses took my breath away!! It's huge and puffy and princessy with a huge bow. All the things I thought I'd find tacky and off putting. But it was jsut sooo lovely.

They didn't have time for me to try it on, but I am going to make an appointment!

ArtofEleganceBHS_b.jpg

That's the only photo I have at the minute - which does it no justice, but I looooooooooooove it!!!

Turns out the designer is the same one who made princess Diana's wedding dress - BHS is seeming less fuddy duddy by the second!! It really is a princess dress!!!! princess: :bride: princess:

:lovestruc Hi Torsie, I'm lurking on your planning thread, I hope you don't mind!
I am also loving your plans, I doubt my dbf would agree to a wdw wedding, so i'm living through yours and jacks plans! :hug:

I love the picture of the dress, I hope it is the one! :cloud9:

p.s tgm is the best! we used him for our july trip and it seriously works!

YES YES YES!! That is a dress! That is a real dress- you know what im like - it must be Princessy if i LOVE IT!!

How much was it? Gosh, i do like it a lot ...!! Well dne you for finding it in bhs, i knew they did wedding stuff in there but i didnt know they did a dress like that!!!!

princess: I love that dress!!! Perfectly Princessy in Every Way!!

Is that an Elizabeth Emmanuel dress? I saw last seasons on the BHS website and they look so lovely (and are at a pretty good price too!). I'm like you not a fan of BHS but those dresses are so princessey! You have to try it on!!

I was the same about the monsoon dresses - they didnt fit but just werent too exciting when I had them on!

So I can add some dress photos from yesterday and also some photos of my wedding scrapbook I bought at DLRP and started scrapping today.

Here is me in the dress Mum loved, but I really want a floor length one! It did make me addicted to puffy layery dresses though:

debdress1.jpg

This is me in the kind of dress style I always imagined I'd have (until I saw the puffy one I love yesterday that is!)

debdress2.jpg

And then here is my Photo Album I bought in DLRP that I am going to use as my engagement/planning/wedding scrapbook.

scrap1.jpg

It actually has little shiny white embossed hearts on, but the photo isn't good enough to show them.

I'm going to put a photo of us from our trip on the first page.

Then on the second I've put a postcard of our hotel, and also the little envelope we got a check in with lots of park info and stuff in, that I want in there but dont want taking up important page space!

scrap2.jpg

Then on the third page I've stuck a map which can fold out, one of our tickets and also one of our room keys.

scrap3.jpg

I'm not very craft so am not going to try and embellish it any as it would make a big mess, but I think it'll be fun to have in the future. :bride:

Theone you didnt have time to try on is WOW

I love that 1st dress and yes deff floor length would be better :D (I love it how you even have a tiara on lol)

i really wanted to get that mickey minnie wedding book when we were there

Eeeeh you look lovely in them both :goodvibes love the scrapbooking too!

i want to see you in that big princessy dress!!! when is your appointment? You soooo have to take photos!!!

im excited for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter