Victoria & Albert's July 30, 2022 Review

I got upscale assisted living vibes from the dining room photos. The food looks like ‘90s tweezer food, which is not to say that it’s bad, just that it’s overly fussy and a waste of culinary talent on something so fleeting. That trend has come and gone. I wish these so-called “tasting menus” would go away; who’s going to remember a cube of lamb the size of a single die even if it’s paired with cardamom flown in from a village in Asia? More importantly, why do you think I’d care about that? Of course, it’s all a matter of taste, but more is not always more.

I got upscale assisted living vibes from the dining room photos. The food looks like ‘90s tweezer food, which is not to say that it’s bad, just that it’s overly fussy and a waste of culinary talent on something so fleeting. That trend has come and gone. I wish these so-called “tasting menus” would go away; who’s going to remember a cube of lamb the size of a single die even if it’s paired with cardamom flown in from a village in Asia? More importantly, why do you think I’d care about that? Of course, it’s all a matter of taste, but more is not always more.

It's not about "what you care about" it is what the chefs designed and developed and I was very happy.

If V&A is not that impressive to you, then what restaurants do you consider fine dining?

I don’t think the trend has come and gone. Victoria and Alberts has been the best meal I’ve ever had and I’ve gone to a few top of the line restaurants throughout Europe.

Has anyone seen the new silverware for the CT and QV room? It’s a really cool titanium with a black design etched onto each piece. I’ve never seen anything like it but I’d love to find it.

BTW, the Scandinavian water presentation is pretty awesome. They give you another bottle that has a super high mineral content so you can see how clear the expensive water is. Not sure I’d get it again but it is worth trying it.

I will join the crowd in favor of the zero proof pairing. I thought the pairing complemented the food better than most wines. And I was able to walk in a straight line after dinner!

Has anyone seen the new silverware for the CT and QV room? It’s a really cool titanium with a black design etched onto each piece. I’ve never seen anything like it but I’d love to find it.

BTW, the Scandinavian water presentation is pretty awesome. They give you another bottle that has a super high mineral content so you can see how clear the expensive water is. Not sure I’d get it again but it is worth trying it.

I will join the crowd in favor of the zero proof pairing. I thought the pairing complemented the food better than most wines. And I was able to walk in a straight line after dinner!
I've not seen any photos of the QV room yet, do you know where any are? I'm flipping back and forth between trying to QV or not.

I've not seen any photos of the QV room yet, do you know where any are? I'm flipping back and forth between trying to QV or not.
Found a couple pics on my wife’s phone. I’d hold out for the CT if you are ok with the price. If not then go with the QV room

Attachments

• EE6F2461-D6EC-476E-B8A0-68891D45E919.jpeg
    EE6F2461-D6EC-476E-B8A0-68891D45E919.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 24
  • ED4E9990-F4EB-48DA-AE27-B7FDDC74FA4C.jpeg
    ED4E9990-F4EB-48DA-AE27-B7FDDC74FA4C.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 24
Are men still required the suit jacket to dine? Looking at the website it’s more vague now and just says to dress semi-formal to formal

Are men still required the suit jacket to dine? Looking at the website it’s more vague now and just says to dress semi-formal to formal
Suit jacket when entering. They encourage you to take it off and get comfortable once at your table. Certain parts of the restaurant have coat racks now

I ate there August 6th. When the restaurant called a couple of days before to discuss the reservation, I asked if my husband needed to wear a suit jacket and I was told "no". The person who called told me they changed that requirement. I was happy about one less thing to have to pack. All the other men that were eating there the same time as us were wearing suit jackets but we had no problems with my husband not wearing a suit jacket.

I ate there August 6th. When the restaurant called a couple of days before to discuss the reservation, I asked if my husband needed to wear a suit jacket and I was told "no". The person who called told me they changed that requirement. I was happy about one less thing to have to pack. All the other men that were eating there the same time as us were wearing suit jackets but we had no problems with my husband not wearing a suit jacket.
That’s great to hear! My husband isn’t a fan of having to wear one so he’ll like hearing about this change

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter