Vibration on Disney Fantasy

CrusingFamily4

Mouseketeer
It seems like quite a few people have mentioned how horrible the vibration is in the aft rooms. Has anyone had a positive experience lately?

We stayed in Deck 8 all the way aft (extended verandah cabin) earlier this month and we didn't think the vibration was bad at all. We felt it more in Palo. On the last night of the cruise, after we had packed our suitcases, the closet hangars were rattling so we took them off the bar. But then it was quiet again.

We were in 10160 in October and had no issues that were specific to the aft rooms. There is some vibration when they are using the thrusters to dock but it's a minor annoyance.

If it helps, this was our second time in an aft balcony and we have another booked for this year! We love them.

Just got off the Fantasy stateroom 5652 with an extended balcony, starboard mid to aft I would say. The vibration was horrible. Woken up in the middle of the night, during brunch and dinner in Palo, during a tasting in Skyline and trivia in the Tube, in the Buena Vista Theater, didn't matter. I actually like the normal rocking motion of the ship, but this vibration was awful. And guest services acted like we were crazy. All done.

We’ve sailed the Fantasy four times now, always Aft verandahs, usually 5-6 cabins off the Aft elevator bay. We have never had a problem with vibration.

Have we noticed vibration? Yes, but never frequently enough or strong enough that we found it distracting or otherwise a “problem”.

Last edited:
We have noticed vibration on the fantasy in cabanas. Only when the ship was moving. It didn’t bother us, but we didn’t have a cabin back there either!

If you are in a bad location the vibrations are bad. We won't sail in an aft cabin anymore. If we can't get a forward cabin we won't sail on the Fantasy at all. It was so bad we couldn't sleep.

We were in 10162 last October and the vibrations were quite annoying. Two years prior we were in 5650 and barely felt anything.

We were Deck 6 in an aft room on the Fantasy and the vibration was a lot at times. There were nights it woke me up.

We were in 8662 (right off the aft elevators) in April. Most of the trip was totally fine with no vibration whatsoever. Rocking, yes. Vibration, no. However, on the trip from St Thomas to Castaway Cay where they have basically 1 day and 2 nights to do almost as much distance as they over in 2 days and 3 nights getting from Port Canaveral to Tortola, so they are booking it (exceeding 20 knots), we felt it majorly. Like couldn't sleep the first night of the vibration. As long as the ship was going 20 knots or less, it was fine, no vibration. It was when we were over 20 knots for speed that it was VERY noticeable.

We’ve stayed in aft on the 2nd deck as far back as you could go. Only had vibrations once for about 1 minute or so. Not an issue at all (late booking, took what we could get!)

Never noticed out of the ordinary vibrations on Fantasy. It seems to vibrate like other ships, ie RCCL and Celebrity. These were all older ships, not the newest. We have stayed twice aft on Fantasy in 2014 and 2017. Once in 7188 and then in 9640. Both of these were 7 night Western Caribbean in early August. In 2017, we were rerouted from Cozumel due to a tropical storm and still didn't feel vibrations; the ship was moving at a fast clip too to get out of the path of the storm. The other cruises I have done have all been Caribbean 7-nighters too, Western, Eastern, and Southern. We have done April 3 times, and February once. The February one had terrible winds at the beginning and end. This is all for reference. I think the vibrations may be worse on certain itineraries or times of year.

Just got off the Fantasy stateroom 5652 with an extended balcony, starboard mid to aft I would say. The vibration was horrible. Woken up in the middle of the night, during brunch and dinner in Palo, during a tasting in Skyline and trivia in the Tube, in the Buena Vista Theater, didn't matter. I actually like the normal rocking motion of the ship, but this vibration was awful. And guest services acted like we were crazy. All done.

We were in 5688 (Aug 2017) overlooking Dumbo and it was horrible! The vibration was bad enough but the noise was worse. On top of that there was a horrible smell from the bathroom that took them 2 days to figure out what it was and repair. It was a DVC cruise (so extra expensive :-) ) and there weren't any available rooms to move us to. They were well aware of the issue - they were in the room when it was happening. They did give us a 15% off a future cruise, which we were not able to use in the allowed time frame. Worst cruise ever - was so glad to go home so I could sleep in peace! And to add to redgrapes post - I was doing the Art of the Theme Show tour (think that's what it was called) and we were all the way up in Palo and I was very surprised at the vibration all the way up there. Thought it was just the lower decks.

We were in 5688 (Aug 2017) overlooking Dumbo and it was horrible! The vibration was bad enough but the noise was worse. On top of that there was a horrible smell from the bathroom that took them 2 days to figure out what it was and repair. It was a DVC cruise (so extra expensive :-) ) and there weren't any available rooms to move us to. They were well aware of the issue - they were in the room when it was happening. They did give us a 15% off a future cruise, which we were not able to use in the allowed time frame. Worst cruise ever - was so glad to go home so I could sleep in peace! And to add to redgrapes post - I was doing the Art of the Theme Show tour (think that's what it was called) and we were all the way up in Palo and I was very surprised at the vibration all the way up there. Thought it was just the lower decks.
We were in room 10612 on our first Fantasy cruise. Not all the way aft, but definitely one of the upper decks. It was bad. I couldn't sit on the bed (head against the headboard) and watch tv, as the vibration would cause my head to be bouncing against the headboard. In fact, lying in bed it made me think of the cheap motel vibrating beds that used to be quite popular. Our second cruise were more midship, the vibration was less, but still there.

And, in Animator's, I saw at least 2 water glasses "dance" off the tables around us due to the vibration.

Never noticed out of the ordinary vibrations on Fantasy. It seems to vibrate like other ships, ie RCCL and Celebrity. These were all older ships, not the newest. We have stayed twice aft on Fantasy in 2014 and 2017. Once in 7188 and then in 9640. Both of these were 7 night Western Caribbean in early August. In 2017, we were rerouted from Cozumel due to a tropical storm and still didn't feel vibrations; the ship was moving at a fast clip too to get out of the path of the storm. The other cruises I have done have all been Caribbean 7-nighters too, Western, Eastern, and Southern. We have done April 3 times, and February once. The February one had terrible winds at the beginning and end. This is all for reference. I think the vibrations may be worse on certain itineraries or times of year.

With all due respect, we have sailed RCCL many times and have sailed DCL 6x now and NEVER experienced vibration like this. Perhaps it was the deck and/or stateroom specific, but NO ONE should have to put up with sleepless nights on a cruise especially after paying Disney $$.

Right about now I'd take vibration if it meant I was on this Ship LOL. Best of luck to you and I hope there is NO vibration to spoil your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!