VGC resale...thoughts?

I think we're ramping up to sell our VGC points...

We got them back in 2009 when we lived closer to DL. They were selling them with developer credits and we were going several times a year - seemed like a no-brainer at the time (plus we got 4 fast passes - woo!), so we loaded up.

We're on the east coast now and the kids are all finally in school (K,2,3), which severely limits our flexibility (in time and expense) to travel across the country. And it feels wrong to use VGC points for OKW or SSR.

I'm not sure if I've seen a resale go into 6-figures. Then again, I've only recently started looking since direct is now at $310pp and finding historical sales is challenging. Maybe I'll reach out to a reseller... 🤔
If you're not attached to VGC and you've got the points, this is NOT a bad time to sell!!!

I have 485 points at VGC, and the current prices are crazy, but no plans to sell it.

It looks like you sold it in about one day o_O

Yeah - it all went down a whole lot faster than I expected. It was sold before they even listed on the site (I assume it was measured in minutes). They (not surprisingly) have a line of buyers already on the hook if something comes in.

Ultimately, not being on that side of the country didn't make much sense for us to keep VGC. And like I said, I felt ashamed using it for OKW or HHI. The new owners will be able to enjoy the points for what it is and knowing that the other one went for $320, should know they still got a good deal - even if it was a rather large number to begin with.

Latest posts

facebook twitter