Very Early Meet - Aug 26, 2007 Wonder

Is the Atlantis water park that much better than Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach? It sounds extremely expensive for a day at the water park when I can get 6 days of water parks for $50 pp when I add the water parks and more to 7 WDW pass.

I havent been to atlantis, but the water park does look fun - I would not do it if you are doing blizzard beach - no matter what anyone tells you, you cant get day passes to use the water rides at atlantis, the only way to do so is to book a room at atlantis or the comfort suites and get wristbands to use them. imho, its not worth it, plus they will be at castaway cay. what i would do is the dolphin encounter - the one i recommend cant be booked through a cruise line, only online and it fills up very quickly!! the cost is about 165 pp, but it is totally worth the cost!!! i did it two years ago with my three children and also bought the great photos they took of us - so in all, it probably cost me over $700, but its a once in a lifetime for me, i wont be doing it again and i spoke with many friends who have done it prior - nothing compares with the full package
colleen:thumbsup2

We are family of all teenagers. DS 17 and DS 13 this month. I showed my son the Disney video and he thought he would like to be in the teenage group. We are going to WDW before and after the cruise. Staying at POR before and POFQ after. We are having a late celebration of our 20th anniversary since we could not take the DS 17 out of school in June as he had final exams. We did the Bahamas cruise for our honeymoon 20 years ago at the end of June. Was not that impressed with Nassau nor the straw market then. The boys will want to get off the ship so that they can say they have been to Nassau but I plan on getting back early to spend time aboard the ship.

We want to do the stingrays in CC. Has anyone done the stingrays on CC?

Has anyone gone on the Wildside Teen excursion? DS 17 wants to go on that instead of the stingrays with us and DS 13.

Is the Atlantis water park that much better than Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach? It sounds extremely expensive for a day at the water park when I can get 6 days of water parks for $50 pp when I add the water parks and more to 7 WDW pass.
We have three boys (15,15,17) going on the Wild Side Teen excursion at CC. I am glad to hear your son might be going too.
We did rent two rooms at the Comfort Suites in Nassau to use the Atlantis waterpark for my DH and five teenagers. I am going on the Dolphin Encounter with DS 6 and DS 11, (along with 18 other family members). The older boys didn't think that was too exciting and my DH really wants to see the Atlantis.

where do you get the disney video that shows the age groups? i would like to see that broken down as well
thanks
colleen:confused3

Colleen,

We just called the 800 number for DCL and one of the recorded options was to have a DVD/trip planning kit sent to our home. It took a couple of weeks to get to us and the kids really enjoyed getting a sneak peak at everything.

Martha

Hi Everyone,
It took me a while to find you guys and gals. My wife and I and 2 daughters are going on our first cruise ever on the 26th on the Wonder. To be honest I have lots of worries, so many in fact that I won't relax until it's all over. We are coming from Japan to enjoy the Magic of WDW and DCL. To be honest it stretched our budget to the breaking point to take this 16000 mile journey, so we are going to be packed into a small room and not doing much extra. I did promise the girls a banana boat ride and snorkeling at Castaway Cay. They want to try the teen room, but are very nervous as they speak very little English. If there are any teens on the boat that take Japanese in highschool it would be great. Anyway when you see the big blonde American with 3 beautiful Japanese ladies make sure to say HI!!
I forgot to say my DDs are 13 and 15

Welcome tokyodisneydad. I am sure the girls will enjoy the teen room. I can relate to the worries and the budget, but I think we are in good hands with Disney. We'll be sure to say hi if we see you...You can't miss me, I'll be the one in the wedding dress.:rotfl2:

:cheer2: :cheer2: Congratulations on getting married. You must be on:cloud9: I'm really glad I finally found this thread so I can get to know all my fellow cruisers.:banana:

. We are coming from Japan to enjoy the Magic of WDW and DCL. To be honest it stretched our budget to the breaking point to take this 16000 mile journey, so we are going to be packed into a small room and not doing much extra.
not too worry - so much to do ON the cruise - they as well as you will be busy busy busy!! remember, thats what you are paying for - the shows, the food etc etc - enjoy!!! Its a trip of a lifetime. As far as the girls and the teen room go, let them try it out, if its not for them, there is other things to do as well!!! Are you going to WDW as well???? or just the cruise?
colleen:cool1:

We will be at WDW from the 21st until the 26th. We actually went there last year for 4 days but this is our first cruise. We went shopping for swimsuits and kimonos tonight. I was encouraging the girls to get one piece swimsuits, but they wanted a bikini like mom. I just hope I don't have to throw any teenage boys overboard....:) LOL

I just booked my day room at Comfort Suites at Paradise Island.

$199 including taxes (online at choicehotels dot com using the internet users rate).

All the chek-in documents have been completed on line. Palo ressie is set. Heck, I even signed the DW up for a Personal Trainer.

And all the meals at WDW are done.

The only thing left is the Hotel at the Port for the night b4 the cruise. I may try Priceline for that...

Work has been miserable... so I cant wait for this trip!

All reservations done.....Doing the Pirate pirate: and Princess princess: party on the 24th at MK.....Alfredo's in Epcot on the 23rd (before they close for good):confused:
Dolphin Encounter in Nassau (not booked thru DCL so we can do the swim.)
Probably going to rent float/snorkel, and bike at CC.....Definitely the float and snorkel but the bike might just be too much exertion for me!! :rotfl:
We are so excited and can't wait!!:yay:

I will see you at that P&P Party!! We are arriving at Disney on the 17th. Getting married on the 21st, just made all the final payments, dining ressies are made, couldn't get palo brunch, but oh well!

Dolphin Encounter in Nassau (not booked thru DCL so we can do the swim.)
We are so excited and can't wait!!:yay:

:goodvibes YOU WILL LOVE THAT SWIM!!! I know its super expensive, but its one of the coolest things I have ever done in my life!! do not wear a two piece bathing suit, fyi, when the dolphins push your feet into the air, the bottoms tend to come down lol, and they film the whole thing
enjoy
colleen

Hi All

Joining you on 26th Aug........

Coming over from England (Nottingham) will me me, wife, 3 x kids (Daughters 10 + 8 & son aged 4) & Mother in law.

We've done disney every year since 1994 so know florida & Orlando well but this is out first Disney Cruise (& never cruised before). Really looking forward to it!

Making the most of our trip so have the cruise then 15 nights is a condo just 2 miles from Animal Kingdom with full disney passes for the length of our stay!

My 2 daughters would love to email anyone who they might meet in the Oceaneer club is there's any one of similar age..... drop me a message & we'll put then im touch

Look forward to seeing you all! ..... not too long to go now!!!

Mark

I have not been to this thread in a while....it is really growing. We are getting excited as we are getting closer :cool1: .

Have everything set for cruise. Booked room at Atlantis and have dinner and brunch at Palo. This is our first time at Palo so we are looking forward to that.

Will start to look for little treasures for kids which I like to leave with the room stewart at night to put out from Captain Jack. Also need to buy t-shirts to leave at guest services to be signed by characters for kids. May also pick up a photo mat for myself this time.

There is a big sale at Disney Store may have to pop in there this week:rolleyes1 .

Hi I like the idea of leaving gifts for the girls from Captain Jack. Can you give a few more details of how you go about that?

Tokyodisneydad: I buy small gifts for my boys which I put away and pack secretly for the trip (my ds 10 knows it is from me but my ds 7 is still a believer). The first night of the cruise when I meet the room stewart I ask him (w/o my boys hearing ) if he would mind putting the gifts out for my sons with the towel animals he makes each night. I leave the gifts for him on the hook behind the cabin door and let him know where to find them. I leave a note for them and sign it from captain jack.

I use Captain Jack because my ds 7 loves pirates but you can leave the gifts from any disney character.

I tried to theme my gifts to what we were doing the next day on the boat. The night before pirate night I left pirate tatoos, pirate bandannas, pirate type candy, etc pirate: The night before castaway cay I left beach items like shovels, small pails, etc.

Have fun with it!

Jordana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter