Very Early Meet - Aug 26, 2007 Wonder

Thanks so much Coleen! Appreciate the info....Glad you said that because by reading the website I just assumed the ferry was right there where we docked....I stayed at Atlantis about 5 years ago and can't really picture where the ferry was----we never left the hotel grounds because everything was so nice. ....I remember seeing all of the ships and where they were docked....each morning I would wake up and different ships would appear! So it sounds easy enough to figure out anyways but I appreciate your help. :yay:

Hello all,As for cruise insurance.Our first 2 cruises[1st was on the Wonder,2nd was to Alaska]we insured.After those we just never bothered.On cruise #3 we had to cancel and Disney let us rebook at no charge for the same date the following year.We are booked on a cruise to Hawaii in June and that one will be with insurance.To far to travel and to many things that can go wrong.

There was just something in our local paper about having trip insurance covered/included on your home owners policy? I have not yet had the chance to check our policy, but it's something we should all check into.

:goodvibes I was wondering if anyone (and I am sure their are many) could explain how the beverages work on a disney cruise - secifically soda. Is there a charge or are they free all the time? Just at dinner? please specify. I know on some lines I can buy a card for the kids for unlimited, other cruises it was free when dining but not during the day
thanks all
colleen:banana:

:goodvibes I was wondering if anyone (and I am sure their are many) could explain how the beverages work on a disney cruise - secifically soda. Is there a charge or are they free all the time? Just at dinner? please specify. I know on some lines I can buy a card for the kids for unlimited, other cruises it was free when dining but not during the day
thanks all
colleen:banana:

On deck 10 there is a free beverage station, all kinds of soda's, coffee and tea's, it is open 24/7 you just help your self. They have cups, lids and straws right there.

Hi everyone:wave2: Haven't posted in a while.

Silmarg, How did you get that low rate at
Access America? When I look under the Family Basic plan my rate is double yours and I am just putting in the days of the cruise from 8/26-8/30 and not the time we will spend in florida before that? I would appreciate that info from you.

We are getting close :cool1: . We just passed our 4 month countdown!:banana:

I am travelling with a 7 year old boy and a 10 year old boy. I know some of you inquired about the children. If you have kids that age feel free to PM me and they can email before the trip.

Silmarg thanks! I was wondering why my rate would be double. It still is a very good rate for trip insurance!

Booked a room at Atlantis for our stop in Nassau :cool1: I am excited about that....I think my boys will really enjoy it!

Now I just need to book our air! I am hoping for a South West summer sale.

If you dont mind my asking... how much was the day room at the atlantis?

I plan on doing the same when we are down there...

We booked our air on JetBlue (via JFK). $59 down on the 25th to JAX and $89 back from Orlando on the day after Labor Day.

You can still book the same for $64/$99.. but then again... into and out of different airports is not something most folks do.

The rate I got at Atlantis was $283.75 including taxes for a Beach Tower room. I booked the room through Expedia. I was going to book the Comfort Suites since you can use the facilities at Atlantis if you are staying there but as of now they are requiring a 2 night minimum stay. Also sometimes you can purchase day passes from Atlantis to use their facilities and they cost $105 per adult and $75 per child for the day. Since we are a family of 4 booking the room was the best option for us. Hope this helps.

The rate I got at Atlantis was $283.75 including taxes for a Beach Tower room. QUOTE]

thats a really good rate for atlantis - with all the inquiries now and prior going to nassau - i have never seen a day rate before, has anyone else? Although I would love to check out Atlantis - I think I am skipping this this year - with blizzard beach the week prior and castaway cay, I think thats enough beaching it for me - enjoy!! I hear nothing but great things about Atlantis!!
Colleen

What are the pools like on the Wonder? anyone btdt? I hear conflicting reports. Any slides for the kids or anything? Thanks
Colleen:cool1:

What are the pools like on the Wonder? anyone btdt? I hear conflicting reports. Any slides for the kids or anything? Thanks
Colleen:cool1:

There is the Mickey Pool, which has 2 ears for little ones, and then a section that is a little deeper for older kids, a slide, and a splash area.

The Goofy pool is more for teens and pre-teens I think it tends to get crowded, there is also 2 hot tubs in that area.

The adult pool also has 2 hot tubs, an they have some fun adult pools games too.:cool1:

We've been buying insurance since having ds6. Especially since we're sailing in prime hurricane season. We also got airfare of $118 r/t via Continental from Newark to MC. Yippee.

Any cc members out there? Today's our day to make ressies!!!:cool1:

I just did the Atlantis beach day. We went back in 98 and it was beautiful.

Skipping Palo this time. I'll leave a spot open for newbies. Have the souffle!!!

We are making Palo ressie today, we have been on a couple of Disney cruises, but have never done Palo:confused3 , back in April we went looking around and decided to give it a try....it smelled sooo Good! I can hardly wait, other than that I'm not sure what we will do, maybe the Gardens? Has anyone been?

maybe the Gardens? Has anyone been?

i was at ardastra many many years ago - its a nice relaxing afternoon - the ship charges way too much in my opnion - go online and find out how cheap it is - you can take the jitty??? for a buck i think to get there if you want to. i did enjoy it and i am thinking myself of going
enjoy!!!
colleen:banana: :banana:

DH :surfweb: , DD (just turning 13):cutie: , DS 9:earsboy: , and ME :woohoo: will be on Aug 26 Wonder Cruise. Looking for advise on placing DD in with teens or 12 year olds. She will turn 13 at end of July and DD and I don't know if she's ready to hang out with the 15 - 17 year old crowd. Any thoughts or words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated. This is our first DCL outing and the kids' first cruise experience.

DH :surfweb: , DD (just turning 13):cutie: , DS 9:earsboy: , and ME :woohoo: will be on Aug 26 Wonder Cruise. Looking for advise on placing DD in with teens or 12 year olds. She will turn 13 at end of July and DD and I don't know if she's ready to hang out with the 15 - 17 year old crowd. Any thoughts or words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated. This is our first DCL outing and the kids' first cruise experience.

I'm sure they would allow her to go in with the younger age group, if that would make her feel better, they are so accommodating:wizard: My DS 8 was allowed to move up, when he was close to the next group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter