Vegetarian delights and disappointments with photos

Day 6

Today after breakfast we headed to Hollywood studios for the day and lunch was from Star Bucks at the Trolley Car Cafe and we got the spinach, feta cheese, tomatoes and egg white in a whole wheat wrap. This is toasted and really tasty and I definitely would have again. This is nice for breakfast or a light lunch. Unfortunately the photo doesn’t do it justice and I should have cut it in half before photographing it.

View attachment 199151

We spent the afternoon at Disney Springs and decided to try the Flippers Pizzeria near there. This is a much better venue than the one at Old town and plenty of indoor seating so you don’t feel cramped. We had an appetizer of garlic bread sticks, covered in melted garlic butter and romano cheese. These are really garlicky and delicious with added cheese. Followed by the veggie pie which had mushrooms, green peppers, red onions, black olives and Roma tomatoes we’re not big fans of olives so swapped them for half with pepperoncini peppers. We really enjoyed the pizza which has lot of toppings and a nice base. This is now our preferred offsite pizza place and good value for money.

View attachment 199152

View attachment 199153
that spinach egg white feta wrap is hands down my favorite breakfast thing at starbucks. I crave them!

Day 11

We stayed at Mickey’s not so scary till it closed last night and had a great time and a leisurely morning at the Boardwalk. We had afternoon tea from the Boardwalk bakery and we both had the chocolate brownie cheesecake which was divine. The cheesecake part is light and creamy and a lovely combination with the brownie.
cheesecake 2.jpg

We spent the evening at Hollywood Studios and had dinner at Min & Bill’s dockside diner. We tried the vegetarian wrap with cherry tomato salad, chips and chocolate cake. This was lovely, the wrap had plenty of fresh veggies in it and the tomato salad and a really nice tangy dressing. The chocolate cake was light and very chocolately. We both really enjoyed this and it was really filling and we would get again.

wrap tea.jpg

I'm so glad the vegetarian platter at Tangierine Cafe was a winner for you guys. I find myself craving it from time to time. Can't wait to have it again in January.

Thanks, too, for reviewing the curry stew at Skipper Canteen's. I've been wondering about that meal. Looks wonderful!

I'm so glad the vegetarian platter at Tangierine Cafe was a winner for you guys. I find myself craving it from time to time. Can't wait to have it again in January.

Thanks, too, for reviewing the curry stew at Skipper Canteen's. I've been wondering about that meal. Looks wonderful!

I'd definitely get the veg platter again and the curry stew. Enjoy your trip I've not been in January before, what's it like?

Day 12

We had a relaxing morning at the Boardwalk and lunch was from the Boardwalk Bakery. We both had the Tomato Mozzarella Sandwich with oven dried tomatoes, arugula and herb aioli on ciabatta. We had this warm and it’s really tasty, you get lots of filling and it is a nice blend of mozzarella and tomatoes. I didn’t manage to eat all of mine though as its very filling.

butty.jpg

We spent the afternoon at Epcot and had planned to head to Teppan Edo for dinner but the heavens opened and we ended up sheltering near the Electric Umbrella. The rain looked set for hours so we ended up eating there, we both had the vegetarian flatbread. This is topped with tomato pesto topped with mushrooms, feta cheese and arugula. I didn’t enjoy this it was way too salty and I wouldn’t get it again. We ended up heading back afterwards as it was still raining really heavy and got soaked; at one point walking back it was up to my knees. I’ve never seen it flooded like that before and it didn’t let off until late evening.

flat bread.jpg

When the rain finally let off we had dessert from the boardwalk bakery DH had the Oreo cupcake and I had the fruit tart, DH loved his cupcake and mine was really nice too. It had loads of fresh fruit on a base of custard which was lovely and creamy and the pastry was nice and short, a nice end to the day.

oreo.jpg

fruit tart.jpg

I'd definitely get the veg platter again and the curry stew. Enjoy your trip I've not been in January before, what's it like?

This past Jan was our first trip. The weather was mostly really nice. The temps were great, 70s to low 80s during the day, cool enough for a sweatshirt or jacket at night. We did have two full days of rain. I guess that's bound to happen in FL. I hope this next trip has similar weather or is even just a bit cooler.

Day 13

We spent the morning at Epcot; I’d managed to get fast passes to Frozen but unfortunately it broke down and there was no sign of it re-opening so they gave everyone fast passes which we didn’t get chance to use. Lunch we bought from the French Patisserie which we took back to Boardwalk to eat. I had the quiche Florentine which has spinach & goat cheese in with salad I made in our villa. DH had the crusty cheesy slice. I really enjoyed my quiche which had lots of flavour and a tangy taste with the goat’s cheese and nice pastry. DH enjoyed his cheese slice which he had warm with salad and said it had plenty of cheese on and the bread was nice, it’s similar to pizza but on bread.

quiche france.jpg

pizza bread.jpg

We had also bought dessert and had this later in the afternoon after we’d been to the pool. DH had a Napoleon which is his usual from the French Patisserie he loves the puff pastry with the creamy filling. I had the crème Brulee which is gorgeous the topping is lovely & crunchy and caramel tasting with custard filling; I’d get this again and again.

creme brulee.jpg

As this was our last night we headed out to Magic Kingdom as we wanted to see the electric parade and wishes fireworks. We had booked a table at Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen but ended up cancelling it as it was too early and they wasn’t able to move our ADR to later and we weren’t hungry. This is the downside of booking ADR’s weeks in advance when you don’t know if you’ll be hungry. We ended up eating in Harbour House; DH had the lighthouse sandwich which is hummus, tomato and broccoli slaw on toasted multigrain bread with potato chips which he really enjoyed. I had baked potato from the Liberty Square Market and coleslaw from Harbour House. I really enjoyed this, the potato was nicely cooked it comes with cheese & sour cream and I also added the coleslaw which made it really tasty.

baked spud.jpg

hummus.jpg

Day 13

We spent the morning at Epcot; I’d managed to get fast passes to Frozen but unfortunately it broke down and there was no sign of it re-opening so they gave everyone fast passes which we didn’t get chance to use. Lunch we bought from the French Patisserie which we took back to Boardwalk to eat. I had the quiche Florentine which has spinach & goat cheese in with salad I made in our villa. DH had the crusty cheesy slice. I really enjoyed my quiche which had lots of flavour and a tangy taste with the goat’s cheese and nice pastry. DH enjoyed his cheese slice which he had warm with salad and said it had plenty of cheese on and the bread was nice, it’s similar to pizza but on bread.

View attachment 202553

View attachment 202554

We had also bought dessert and had this later in the afternoon after we’d been to the pool. DH had a Napoleon which is his usual from the French Patisserie he loves the puff pastry with the creamy filling. I had the crème Brulee which is gorgeous the topping is lovely & crunchy and caramel tasting with custard filling; I’d get this again and again.

View attachment 202555

As this was our last night we headed out to Magic Kingdom as we wanted to see the electric parade and wishes fireworks. We had booked a table at Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen but ended up cancelling it as it was too early and they wasn’t able to move our ADR to later and we weren’t hungry. This is the downside of booking ADR’s weeks in advance when you don’t know if you’ll be hungry. We ended up eating in Harbour House; DH had the lighthouse sandwich which is hummus, tomato and broccoli slaw on toasted multigrain bread with potato chips which he really enjoyed. I had baked potato from the Liberty Square Market and coleslaw from Harbour House. I really enjoyed this, the potato was nicely cooked it comes with cheese & sour cream and I also added the coleslaw which made it really tasty.

View attachment 202556

View attachment 202557

Man...that quiche looks SO good!

Day 14

This was our last day and after a leisurely breakfast, we headed to Hollywood Studios for a last go this trip on Toy Story & Rock & Roller Coaster. Afterwards we headed back to the Boardwalk for lunch at the Bakery. We both had the Focaccia bread warm which was delicious and we would both get again. The bread was lovely and fresh and cheese was really tasty this was a nice end to our trip.

forchetta.jpg

Thanks everyone for joining me and following along.

Day 14

This was our last day and after a leisurely breakfast, we headed to Hollywood Studios for a last go this trip on Toy Story & Rock & Roller Coaster. Afterwards we headed back to the Boardwalk for lunch at the Bakery. We both had the Focaccia bread warm which was delicious and we would both get again. The bread was lovely and fresh and cheese was really tasty this was a nice end to our trip.

View attachment 206187

Thanks everyone for joining me and following along.

That looks fantastic! I've honestly only gotten dessert there, now that the lobster roll is gone.

Just finding your report, but thanks for all the great reviews. We aren't vegetarians, but enjoy a good veggie meal and it sure looks like you found some winners. That curry at Skippers in particular looks really good. Thanks for sharing!

I loved reading all your reviews! I'm heading back in January and so many items you reviewed I had been curious about trying. I am vegan and have vegetarian daughters so it's always great to see reviews from other vegetarians. Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter