Vegetarian delights and disappointments with photos

After breakfast we headed to Magic Kingdom for the day and as we were in Tomorrow Land we headed to Cosmic Rays for lunch. We were both disappointed to find they no longer did veggie burger and instead it was falafel burger. We both got one to try, DH’s with fries and mine with grapes and loaded them up from the topping bar; I love the topping bar and being able to get lots of veggies to add. I was a bit disappointed with the falafel burger it was quiet dry and spicy for me and would probably only have it again if it’s the only veggie option available in the park.
cosmic rays.jpg

That evening we headed off site to Sweet Tomatoes this is my favourite offsite place to eat it’s all you can eat and nearly all vegetarian. We both got a plate of loads of veggies and seeds and a baked potato with cheese. There are also soups, pasta and a selection of breads and everything is really fresh. Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of desert which was pineapple upside down cake which I had with vanilla ice cream. This was delicious the cake was nice and moist and fruity and had a caramel taste as well. If you want to eat somewhere healthy which is good value for money then give it a go.

sweet tom.jpg

sweet tom 1.jpg

I'm a vegetarian and am planning a trip to WDW Christmas Week. What recommendations do you have for me. All the dishes you have show look delicious. What restaurants did you like best, and which menu selections were tasty and good. Thank you so much for providing this help.

Claudia

I'm a vegetarian and am planning a trip to WDW Christmas Week. What recommendations do you have for me. All the dishes you have show look delicious. What restaurants did you like best, and which menu selections were tasty and good. Thank you so much for providing this help.

Claudia

I'd recommend you try Be Our Guest all the veggie dishes here are delicious, Skippers Canteen is also good and off site Sweet Tomatoes is a nice choice.

I'm also vegetarian so I will definitely have to follow along! I had no problems finding a decent veggie meal at WDW but I can't wait to see if I missed any gems.

Day 6

Today after breakfast we headed to Hollywood studios for the day and lunch was from Star Bucks at the Trolley Car Cafe and we got the spinach, feta cheese, tomatoes and egg white in a whole wheat wrap. This is toasted and really tasty and I definitely would have again. This is nice for breakfast or a light lunch. Unfortunately the photo doesn’t do it justice and I should have cut it in half before photographing it.

roll.jpg

We spent the afternoon at Disney Springs and decided to try the Flippers Pizzeria near there. This is a much better venue than the one at Old town and plenty of indoor seating so you don’t feel cramped. We had an appetizer of garlic bread sticks, covered in melted garlic butter and romano cheese. These are really garlicky and delicious with added cheese. Followed by the veggie pie which had mushrooms, green peppers, red onions, black olives and Roma tomatoes we’re not big fans of olives so swapped them for half with pepperoncini peppers. We really enjoyed the pizza which has lot of toppings and a nice base. This is now our preferred offsite pizza place and good value for money.

garlic bread.jpg

2nd pizza.jpg

Enjoying your reviews! I'm not vegetarian, but love veggies. I never realized Cosmic Ray's has a toppings bar. Good to know!

We spent the afternoon at Disney Springs and decided to try the Flippers Pizzeria near there. This is a much better venue than the one at Old town and plenty of indoor seating so you don’t feel cramped. We had an appetizer of garlic bread sticks, covered in melted garlic butter and romano cheese. These are really garlicky and delicious with added cheese. Followed by the veggie pie which had mushrooms, green peppers, red onions, black olives and Roma tomatoes we’re not big fans of olives so swapped them for half with pepperoncini peppers. We really enjoyed the pizza which has lot of toppings and a nice base. This is now our preferred offsite pizza place and good value for money.
Is that the one over in the Crossroads Plaza? We really like Flippers and we go there just about every trip but we do take-out from the Old Town location.

Is that the one over in the Crossroads Plaza? We really like Flippers and we go there just about every trip but we do take-out from the Old Town location.

Yes it's near Goodings super market, Sweet Tomatoes and some other places to eat, this is the first year we've tried Flippers and really enjoyed it preferring this location to Old Town which is just too cramped unless you want to eat outside.

Day 7

I don’t have as much to share with you today; we made cheese salad sandwiches for lunch in our room. We spent the evening at Epcot and had dinner at Sunshine Seasons, we both had the Vegan Korma with Gardein Meatless Chik’n, DH had jasmine rice and I had plain rice. I really enjoyed this there is lots of taste and plenty of vegetables and meatless chik’n, another dish we would have again.

seasons.jpg

Day 8

Next day we were at Animal Kingdom, which I’m not a big fan of and we only tend to go once each trip. Food wise it’s one of the better parks for veggie options as there’s more to choose from. We had lunch at Harambe Market which has a nice outdoor seating area. We both had the Grilled Vegetable stack which has lots of fresh veggies and is really tasty and filling as it has the chickpea salad with it.
animal kingdom.jpg

We had dinner at the Rainforest cafe which wasn’t as noisy as I remembered it to be, which made it much more pleasant a dining experience. We both had the Rainforest Natural Burger which is a meatless patty of garbanzo beans, vegetables, sesame seeds, spices, guacamole, lettuce, tomato and a choice of side. I had the coleslaw with mine and DH had the Caribbean rice. The burger is really nice and tasty and has plenty of toppings; I enjoyed the coleslaw with it which had plenty of crunch veggie in a tangy mayo. Another nice veggie option and we would have again.

burger.jpg
burger 2.jpg

Day 8

Next day we were at Animal Kingdom, which I’m not a big fan of and we only tend to go once each trip. Food wise it’s one of the better parks for veggie options as there’s more to choose from. We had lunch at Harambe Market which has a nice outdoor seating area. We both had the Grilled Vegetable stack which has lots of fresh veggies and is really tasty and filling as it has the chickpea salad with it.
View attachment 199933
That's the one!

Day 9

Today we spent the morning at the World Showcase in Epcot and decided to give Morocco Tangierine cafe a go as I’d read good reviews about it. We both got the Vegetarian platter which is hummus, tabouleh, lentils, falafel, and marinated olives with Moroccan bread. This was really nice and one of our favourite quick service meals it’s also very filling. You have a nice mix of spices and textures which was 100% better than the dish we had at Marrakesh. I’m surprised the Morocco table service can’t make delicious veggie options after having this veggie platter.

morroco.jpg

On our way back to The Boardwalk we called in to the French Patisserie and bought dessert to eat later in the afternoon. DH had a Napoleon which is puff pastry layered with cream which he loved I had the Flan and Cerise’s which is puff pastry, custard and cherries and I loved it too, the custard was nice and creamy and the cherries added sweetness to it.

napoleon.jpg

cherries.jpg

C:\DOCUME~1\SAMANT~2\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg

Day 10

Today we spent a leisurely morning at Boardwalk before heading out in the afternoon to Magic Kingdom for Mickey’s not so scary. This is my favourite party and I love seeing everyone in costume, the parade and the fireworks are excellent. We had a reservation at Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen. This was our first visit and we really liked the theming and our server was good fun with jokes linked to the jungle cruise. You get bread and honey which was really nice and huge to start with, we only ate a bit as we didn’t want to fill up on it. We had both ordered the curried vegetable crew stew which is served with coconut rice, seasonal vegetables and house made curry sauce. This was delicious; the curry sauce was nicely spiced with plenty of fresh vegetables. I would get this again and was very filling and I was glad I’d not eaten much bread as I would not have been able to finish it if I had.

bread.jpg

curry.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter