VDH Unit and Sales Tracker

What is the earliest Use Year that is receiving current year points at VDH? Does it start with February 2023? Or does it go as far back as June 2022?

No 2022 points for any UY as it wasn’t open yet.
There is precedence for Disney to give points as far back as the previous calendar year. Copper Creek did not open until July 17, 2017, and the earliest Use Year to receive points was August 2016. The September, October, and December Use Years also received their initial allocation of points as of 2016.

There is precedence for Disney to give points as far back as the previous calendar year. Copper Creek did not open until July 17, 2017, and the earliest Use Year to receive points was August 2016. The September, October, and December Use Years also received their initial allocation of points as of 2016.
As far as I know, neither Riviera or VGF2 received prior-year points, the rationale being that the resort simply didn't exist in the prior calendar year, so use years began in the current calendar year only.. I believe @Sandisw purchased at both.

OCRW recorded 140 deeds today, a new record for them (previous high was 98). My day 1 friends still haven't shown up.

Up to 384 recorded deeds (DVC had 734 in all of April) for a combined ~47,330 points. Largest contract is still 800 points. New smallest contract is 30 points, which was bought with a 50pt and 100pt contract. There have been 80 50pt contracts. Average is still hovering around 123pts/contract.

OCRW recorded 140 deeds today, a new record for them (previous high was 98). My day 1 friends still haven't shown up.

Up to 384 recorded deeds (DVC had 734 in all of April) for a combined ~47,330 points. Largest contract is still 800 points. New smallest contract is 30 points, which was bought with a 50pt and 100pt contract. There have been 80 50pt contracts. Average is still hovering around 123pts/contract.
We were day 1 and just showed up yesterday. Our notary date was 5/9 so I suspect that that’s the delay, depending on the state one is in and final docs showing up.

Reactions: ehh
As far as I know, neither Riviera or VGF2 received prior-year points, the rationale being that the resort simply didn't exist in the prior calendar year, so use years began in the current calendar year only.. I believe @Sandisw purchased at both.

Correct. 2019 for RIV was first set of points and 2022 for VGF last year.

No current UY points for still being 2018 and 2021 UY respectively

75 points - unit 1F - .0960% - 5/20/23 - Aug UY
75 points - unit 1F - .0960% - 5/20/23 - Aug UY

So I'm no longer going to try to 'back into' the number with forum participation now that we know OCRW is actually a viable data source.

To be clearer: I no longer need anyone to post the full "Points -- Unit -- % -- Date -- UY" info.

I'm still very interested in when new Units pop up, currently we've only seen 1B, 1C, 1D, 1F, 1H, and 1J. If your deed mentions another, please mention it and the points/share so we can figure out how big the Unit is!

More data from OCRW:
On 5/19 they recorded 73 deeds for ~9,700 points, bringing the total to ~57k. Average increased to 124.9.

On 5/22 they recorded 151 deeds, a new record!, for ~20,200 points, also a daily record. Up to ~77,250 total. Average increased again to 127.1.

I still haven't seen my 'Day 1' friends, but they also informed me that their guide wasn't able to keep their Day 1 appointment, so they were actually Day 2 buyers. Anyway, we're up to ~77k points and still working through Day 1/2 buyers.

We purchased on 5/3, did the notary thing on 5/16. It closed on 5/20 and was recorded on 5/22.

Found it in the POS, or at least Phase 1 plus hints about the upcoming phases. Pages 95 - 124.

Floor 1
  • Unit 1A
    • 2 Garden Duos
    • 2 Garden Studios
  • Unit 1B
    • 1 Duo (likely Standard View)
    • 5 Studios (all likely Standard View)
  • Proposed Phase 21
    • 2 Studios (likely SV)

Floor 2
  • Unit 1C
    • 4 Studios (likely Preferred View)
    • 1 Dedicated 1-Bedroom
      • Balcony is 6.3' by 13.6'
  • Unit 1D
    • 1 Duo (likely SV)
    • 8 Studios (all likely Standard View)
  • Proposed Phase 15
    • Remaining 2 Garden Duos
    • 1 Garden Studio
  • Proposed Phase 16
    • Final Garden Studio
  • 3 Studios that were on the prior floor plans and now the area is labeled "NOT A PART"
    • This includes the "door to nowhere" Studio
  • 1 Duo that was on the prior floor plans and now the area is labeled "NOT A PART"

Floor 3
  • Unit 1E
    • 2 Duos (likely Standard View)
      • One of them appears to have a balcony labeled "B-1E"
    • 10 Studios (likely SV)
  • Unit 1F
    • 1 Duo (likely PV)
      • Appears to have a balcony labeled "B-1F-B"
    • 6 Studios (likely PV)
    • 1 2-Bedroom Lock-off
  • Unit 1G
    • 7 Studios (likely PV)
    • 1 2-Bedroom Dedicated
  • Unit 1H
    • 4 Studios (likely PV)
    • 1 2-Bedroom Dedicated
  • Proposed Phase 21
    • 2 Studios (likely PV)
    • 2 2-Bedroom Lock-off

Floor 4
  • Unit 1I (i not L)
    • 1 Duo (likely Preferred View)
      • Appears to have a balcony labeled "B-1I"
    • 2 Studios (likely PV)
  • Proposed Phase 2
    • 2 Duos (likely SV)
    • 4 Studios (likely SV)
    • 2 2-Bedroom Dedicated
    • 3 2-Bedroom Lock-offs
  • Proposed Phase 3
    • 6 Studios (likely SV)
    • 13 Studios (likely PV)
  • Proposed Phase 4
    • 4 Studios (likely PV)

Floor 9
  • Unit 1J
    • 1 Grand Villa (first floor)
  • Proposed Phase 13
    • 8 Studios (likely PV)
    • 2 2-Bedroom Dedicated
  • Proposed Phase 14
    • 1 Duo (likely SV)
    • 2 Studios (likely SV)
    • 3 Duos (likely PV)
    • 6 Studios (likely PV)
  • Proposed Phase 4
    • 4 Studios (likely PV)

Floor 10
  • Unit 1J
    • 1 Grand Villa (second floor of the one on Floor 9)
  • Proposed Phase 15
    • 1 Duo (likely SV)
    • 3 Studios (likely SV)
    • 3 Duos (likely PV)
    • 8 Studios (likely PV)
      • Includes space for a Studio that was not part of prior floor plans)
  • Proposed Phase 16
    • 8 Studios (likely PV)
    • 2 2-Bedroom Dedicated
Is it possible to get this document online without paying $1 per page? I'm curious to see what room(s) I own a sliver of. Thank you!

We're at over 100k points recorded!

With a really large batch of contracts recorded on 5/25, we're actually at ~110k.

Updates from the last few days:
  • On 5/23, there was a pretty quiet day with just 42 contracts recorded for ~4,900 points.
    • 117pt average, 250pt max. Ho-hum day. Thought this might be the beginning of a downturn as this was the fewest points in a day.
    • Unit 1F made its first appearance.
  • On 5/24, things were more 'normal' with 95 contracts recorded for ~11,300 points.
    • 119pt average, 350pt max.
  • On 5/25, another big day with 120 contracts recorded for ~16,800 points.
    • 140pt average, 700pt max.
It doesn't look like any one Unit is close to selling out at this point, here's a breakdown of points recorded by Unit and by date:
Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 7.59.57 PM.png

My Day 1/2 friends still haven't shown up, but some Week 2 friends have, kinda bizarre.

An ask: one thing I can't determine easily is the recording delay. If you are so inclined, can you look up your contract on https://cr.ocgov.com/recorderworks/ and post the number of days between the day you signed your paperwork (not the notary process) and the date listed as the recorded date?

We're at over 100k points recorded!

With a really large batch of contracts recorded on 5/25, we're actually at ~110k.

Updates from the last few days:
  • On 5/23, there was a pretty quiet day with just 42 contracts recorded for ~4,900 points.
    • 117pt average, 250pt max. Ho-hum day. Thought this might be the beginning of a downturn as this was the fewest points in a day.
    • Unit 1F made its first appearance.
  • On 5/24, things were more 'normal' with 95 contracts recorded for ~11,300 points.
    • 119pt average, 350pt max.
  • On 5/25, another big day with 120 contracts recorded for ~16,800 points.
    • 140pt average, 700pt max.
It doesn't look like any one Unit is close to selling out at this point, here's a breakdown of points recorded by Unit and by date:
View attachment 763366

My Day 1/2 friends still haven't shown up, but some Week 2 friends have, kinda bizarre.

An ask: one thing I can't determine easily is the recording delay. If you are so inclined, can you look up your contract on https://cr.ocgov.com/recorderworks/ and post the number of days between the day you signed your paperwork (not the notary process) and the date listed as the recorded date?
I signed my docusign paperwork on 5/4 and am listed on that site 5/18. If it helps I'm in NC but owned property in CA (sold it in 2019) so I was in their system.

Also.... I love this thread it is so interesting to see the progress. Thank you so much for your amazing work!!!

I signed on 5/2 but I'm not listed yet. It may be because I put some money down on 5/2 and the rest will be paid next week.

You need to keep in mind that any sale that has a split payment, whether payment in full or just the down payment (CC spread over 2 or 3 payments), won't close until the final installment payment is received by DVC. Only then will the contract close and be recorded. There could literally be several thousand contracts out there that aren't going to show up for another 30 or 60 days, plus the time it takes to close out the sale.

Ours will definitely be delayed as we are doing title changes on our existing contracts to add our daughters. So we are holding off on signing our paperwork until DVC updates their records (title change is complete with the OC comptroller).

We've told the girls that they are legally DVC owners now, but not officially yet :)

- DVC signed 8 days after we signed.
- Then email from Quality Assurance 5 days later stating there was a balance on our contract delaying close.
Called them the next morning. Even the Quality Assurance CM said it was weird. $0.12 balance on one contract and credit on the other (we split into two contracts). This was preventing the close of escrow. She said it would be taken care of the same day.
- Deeds recorded two days later.

So total of 15 days between our docusign and recording.

You need to keep in mind that any sale that has a split payment, whether payment in full or just the down payment (CC spread over 2 or 3 payments), won't close until the final installment payment is received by DVC. Only then will the contract close and be recorded. There could literally be several thousand contracts out there that aren't going to show up for another 30 or 60 days, plus the time it takes to close out the sale.
This is a good call out! Eventually these should be in near-equilibrium (where the completion rate is nearly equal to the initiation rate), though definitely not yet.

Also weird paperwork errors like what @Dobermanns posted, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter