VDH Parking Info

JoshF

Mouseketeer
I would love some information on parking at VDH.

1. Is it close to check-in or is there a long walk?

2. Are there height restrictions for vehicles in the garage? I drive a tall truck and need at least 7‘1“ clearance.

I would love some information on parking at VDH.

1. Is it close to check-in or is there a long walk?

2. Are there height restrictions for vehicles in the garage? I drive a tall truck and need at least 7‘1“ clearance.
If you Valet park the garage might matter (extra fee of additional $45 per night for Valet), but you can self park outside, which is conveniently near) if it is. Hotel Self Parking is included with your room. I believe parking is on the "hotel" side so you have a little walk to your room in the DVC Tower. You should be able to go straight to your room (no check in) since the room doors are linked to your App. (Hoping I have all that correct we both DVC and Cash stay, so I have to think these thru lol).

It's not close IMO others may disagree. From DLH you walk through that shared middle section, while on the map this looks short it’s not. The walk was decently far and has some inclines. The bell was visibly winded and tired taking our luggage cart. One of us parked regular and the other did valet with luggage (cash stay)
Map attached.

Attachments

• F8406706-A87B-4780-B65E-BDA4D81EDC5D.jpeg
    F8406706-A87B-4780-B65E-BDA4D81EDC5D.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 15
It's not close IMO others may disagree. From DLH you walk through that shared middle section, while on the map this looks short it’s not. The walk was decently far and has some inclines. The bell was visibly winded and tired taking our luggage cart. One of us parked regular and the other did valet with luggage (cash stay)
Map attached.
You can shorten that walk by Not walking over the bridge which crosses the long pool. Just stay to the right (left on your map) and use your card key to go in the gate next to the pool bar/restaurant. Will save a LOT of steps. I've not tried to open that gate with my phone since we get card keys for the kids and use those at that gate. But I agree it's not a short walk even with my shortcut.

You can shorten that walk by Not walking over the bridge which crosses the long pool. Just stay to the right (left on your map) and use your card key to go in the gate next to the pool bar/restaurant. Will save a LOT of steps. I've not tried to open that gate with my phone since we get card keys for the kids and use those at that gate. But I agree it's not a short walk even with my shortcut.
We were able to use the pool shortcut once. Phone didnt work and then a time or two the door was locked, after pool hours maybe.

We were able to use the pool shortcut once. Phone didnt work and then a time or two the door was locked, after pool hours maybe.
Before or After hours lockout makes sense, since it's cutting thru the pool area. Maybe Mobile Order something from the Tangaroa Terrace Bar and Grill before you walk past so you feel the longer way detour is warranted lol?

If I want to get room key cards, is check-in at the hotel lobby or does the VDH itself handle check-in?

Last month, during a staycation, we checked in and were issued key cards at the desk in the VDH lobby.
Any idea if they hold luggage in the VDH tower? We'll likely arrive before our room is ready and will also be switching rooms once during our stay.

Any idea if they hold luggage in the VDH tower? We'll likely arrive before our room is ready and will also be switching rooms once during our stay.
Can't say with 100% certainty, but I do not think so. Everyone seemed to be storing their luggage at the concierge desk near the main hotel entrance (which is what we did on our trip in Dec 2023). I doubt each of the individual towers has that kind of capacity.

I'm about 99% sure that they do not. There aren't any bell services stationed in the tower, and there's doesn't appear to be any storage area that could even be used. All bell services and luggage storage is at the main entrance to the Fantasy Tower.

I'm about 99% sure that they do not. There aren't any bell services stationed in the tower, and there's doesn't appear to be any storage area that could even be used. All bell services and luggage storage is at the main entrance to the Fantasy Tower.
Thanks, that is what I figured but figured I'd ask those that have been there.

Any luggage hold will be done by bell services in the DLH. They don’t store it in the VDH tower.

We stay at VDH 20ish days a year over 2-3 trips. We arrive almost every trip before our room is ready. They take out bags at the DLH bell services desk. we get a tag, when the rooms ready we call and within 15 mins we have all of our bags.
Thanks. We land at LAX at 9:30a, without knowing anything (first trip) I'm hopeful to be there by 11:30a-noon. Hoping for the room to be ready early, but obviously not counting on it. We are doing the Pride Night event that evening so definitely am hoping to get some zzzz's before we head over.

And Holy crap it’s not a long walk from the lot/garage…..I mean, I guess it could be if you’ve got severe physical limitations. I wouldn’t want my 80+ year old parents to do it, but it’s not far at all. Bell service visibly winded? Come on, These guys and gals do this all day, every day, we pack a cart with 10-13 bags, and I’ve never encountered that, they are pros all the way. They also don’t take the bridge, they take the flat route along the front of the adventure tower.
They also utilize the tunnel that runs from under bell services at the front of the Fantasy Tower all the way back to the rear of the Frontier Tower. That's how almost all Frontier Tower and Adventure Tower luggage is delivered (otherwise it would be a freeway of luggage carts running through the resort). They can take the luggage through the tunnel and up the service elevator in the Frontier Tower and take the short walk over to VDH.

Any luggage hold will be done by bell services in the DLH. They don’t store it in the VDH tower.

We stay at VDH 20ish days a year over 2-3 trips. We arrive almost every trip before our room is ready. They take out bags at the DLH bell services desk. we get a tag, when the rooms ready we call and within 15 mins we have all of our bags.

And Holy crap it’s not a long walk from the lot/garage…..I mean, I guess it could be if you’ve got severe physical limitations. I wouldn’t want my 80+ year old parents to do it, but it’s not far at all. Bell service visibly winded? Come on, These guys and gals do this all day, every day, we pack a cart with 10-13 bags, and I’ve never encountered that, they are pros all the way. They also don’t take the bridge, they take the flat route along the front of the adventure tower.

Park on the roof if you can, take the escalator down and you’re right there at Goofy’s kitchen. Exit out hang a right and follow the building to the gate, don’t use your phone get a room key, it’s a quick walk to the VDH tower.

I made it from a top floor of VDH, to the roof of the garage, and then drove over to paradise pier to do a car return in less than 15 mins (was up against the return time). I wasn’t running (can’t bad knee). This isn’t WDW where everything is insanely spread out, DLH is pretty compact footprint.
Well I can tell you that I am NOT LYING about the bell hop being visibly winded.. you come on why would I lie about this? To each their own, in my honest opinion getting from car to room is much father than if you were at any of the other properties in CA. Also, how people travel and who they travel with can come into play. We happen to have a lot of luggage and babies, kids.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, isn't self parking at GCV (the only time we stayed there we didn't have a car) across the street (Disneyland Drive)? If it is, that's also a bit of a walk. It's .3 miles from the farthest end of the lot to check in, and you have to cross a major street.....Just sayin.....I believe the hotel with the closest parking is the Pixar Pier Garage structure.
Correct. The VGC self-parking (all of GCH self-parking for that matter) is across the street in the parking lot that sits between DTD and the Pixar Palace Hotel.

vgcparking.jpg

I'm going to say that is likely the exception and not the rule. Maybe they were under the weather, maybe it was hot....in general they handle it with ease. They are troopers for sure, and we tip them well for it.

We also travel to DLR with ALOT of luggage and little kids. Easily one cart, and sometimes two. If you parked at the furthest possible end of the parking lot by Magic Way, it's .4 mile walk from there to the entrance of VDH. The original poster mentioned they are getting in early, should have no problem finding closer parking, which would be less than half that, or even less than that if they park on the roof.

However, anyone staying can pull up to check in, unload the car (which is what we do a lot), unload the kids with one of the parents, have Bell services help and take your bags, and then go park the car.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, isn't self parking at GCV (the only time we stayed there we didn't have a car) across the street (Disneyland Drive)? If it is, that's also a bit of a walk. It's .3 miles from the farthest end of the lot to check in, and you have to cross a major street.....Just sayin.....I believe the hotel with the closest parking is the Pixar Pier Garage structure.
I think it was the inclines over that bridge that made it difficult for him. Anyhow, yes it across the street for GCH yet somehow didnt seem far at all, so not far that I forgot I crossed a street.

facebook twitter