VDH Opening

Yep $100 savings buying early - plus got to book early on May 16th
Aside from feeling safe that pre-sales would be the price minimum, or close to it, booking early is the reason why we bought in the first round. We wanted to book a 1BR around a holiday and with the general lack of 1BR and the initial declaration skewing even further away from larger Villas we knew that'd likely be tough.

I rehearsed navigating the IVR the night before (learning when I could type over the voice and when I had to wait), called right at 6am, successfully did the 'IVR speedrun', immediately got through to a CM, and still she said we got the last 1BR for our dates.

As there should have been 2 1BRs available, someone was likely even faster than I was, though I wonder if one of the 1BR was designated for accessibility (and I got 1 of 1 non-accessibility 1BRs). My exchange with the CM was pleasant and non-urgent, so maybe someone undercut me on timing by rushing their CM.

Either way, it's likely the May 16th booking was my best path to getting the stay we wanted.

Aside from feeling safe that pre-sales would be the price minimum, or close to it, booking early is the reason why we bought in the first round. We wanted to book a 1BR around a holiday and with the general lack of 1BR and the initial declaration skewing even further away from larger Villas we knew that'd likely be tough.

I rehearsed navigating the IVR the night before (learning when I could type over the voice and when I had to wait), called right at 6am, successfully did the 'IVR speedrun', immediately got through to a CM, and still she said we got the last 1BR for our dates.

As there should have been 2 1BRs available, someone was likely even faster than I was, though I wonder if one of the 1BR was designated for accessibility (and I got 1 of 1 non-accessibility 1BRs). My exchange with the CM was pleasant and non-urgent, so maybe someone undercut me on timing by rushing their CM.

Either way, it's likely the May 16th booking was my best path to getting the stay we wanted.
We got THE (only declared) 1 bedroom (haha) for Dec 28-Jan 1. Tee hee. Great minds. Waitlisted for THE 2 bedroom for Oct 5-9 incase they declare more (though I think they may have sold them all as cash). Hope springs eternal :-).

We got THE (only declared) 1 bedroom (haha) for Dec 28-Jan 1. Tee hee. Great minds. Waitlisted for THE 2 bedroom for Oct 5-9 incase they declare more (though I think they may have sold them all as cash). Hope springs eternal :-).
Did your CM tell you something about the inventory that there is/was only 1 room in inventory for both 1BR and 2BR?

Initial declaration included the following:
  • 1 dedicated 1BR
  • 2 dedicated 2BR
  • 1 lock-off 2BR (adding another 1BR to the mix as long as it's booked as a 1BR before a 2BRLO)
From the VDH POH:
Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 6.32.06 AM.png

Really wish we could just go online to check to see how many accessible 1BR/2BR are on offer currently (July 26 can't come soon enough). I guess I wouldn't be surprised if 1 of 2 of both 1BR and 2BR were accessibility rooms. They might even be obligated to be.

Did your CM tell you something about the inventory that there is/was only 1 room in inventory for both 1BR and 2BR?

Initial declaration included the following:
  • 1 dedicated 1BR
  • 2 dedicated 2BR
  • 1 lock-off 2BR (adding another 1BR to the mix as long as it's booked as a 1BR before a 2BRLO)
From the VDH POH:
View attachment 764264

Really wish we could just go online to check to see how many accessible 1BR/2BR are on offer currently (July 26 can't come soon enough). I guess I wouldn't be surprised if 1 of 2 of both 1BR and 2BR were accessibility rooms. They might even be obligated to be.
What was said varied from cast member to cast member. Some said everything was bookable. So maybe all 20 were. Oh that’s right two 2-bedrooms in initial declaration not one. I’m sure we’ll find out if they held back some for future declarations or not if waitlists start getting filled in waves.

Reactions: ehh

Yeah I was off too by a date but because I mistakenly modified and dropped off the date I didn’t mean to. Oops!
Oh I meant I said they were going to release Oogie Boogie Dates tomorrow but they dropped today. I for once guessed correctly on VGC booking dates matching up - right in the middle of our trip - can't wait!

Just made our first VDH booking using our 50 2023 points and 30 of our 2024 points for 4 nights in a studio for our family of 3. But now I’m conflicted about how to try to get another studio or duo studio for the same nights so my parents can tag along if they’d like. 😂

We were 2 points shy of booking a studio and duo for 3 nights. We currently have 49 2022 RIV points banked, all 100 2023 RIV points, and the 20 remaining 2024 VDH points. I think I will just have to be patient until July when we can use our RIV points and hope we get another reservation.

We are still in our 10 day recession period…could we have them add 2 points to the contract? Not that we will likely won’t need those in the future since we will be able to bank and borrow and not just borrow.

Just made our first VDH booking using our 50 2023 points and 30 of our 2024 points for 4 nights in a studio for our family of 3. But now I’m conflicted about how to try to get another studio or duo studio for the same nights so my parents can tag along if they’d like. 😂

We were 2 points shy of booking a studio and duo for 3 nights. We currently have 49 2022 RIV points banked, all 100 2023 RIV points, and the 20 remaining 2024 VDH points. I think I will just have to be patient until July when we can use our RIV points and hope we get another reservation.

We are still in our 10 day recession period…could we have them add 2 points to the contract? Not that we will likely won’t need those in the future since we will be able to bank and borrow and not just borrow.
You might check and see from the DVC agent if you can rent 2 temporary points. I recall you can do that for one time use up to 25 points or so.

You might check and see from the DVC agent if you can rent 2 temporary points. I recall you can do that for one time use up to 25 points or so.
That can only be done at the 7 month window which currently is modified for VDH and is late July. You cannot purchase the one time use points in the home resort priority window.

Ok, its getting serious now. I did the Magical Beginnings renting my first UY August points away for around $,3800'ish dollars (still don't regret doing that). But...now wifey is "when can we go to Disneyland and stay in our new villa? Umh????

I've normally just winged these annual UY months and dates from year to year, but sensing I need to get a game plan going. My target is the California Food and Wine Festive March/April 2024.

We're August use year people, so someone please check my thinking:

Typical annual DVC calendar for August Use Year (UY):
  • March 31st - Last day to bank points. Don't be a fool come April 1st April Fools Day. Doesn't much apply to me for 2023 as I used them all! ; )
  • August 1st - Receive annual allotment of DVC points. I've rented to Disney my VDH DVC points so no points for me this August.
  • September 1st - Begins the 11 month booking wind for home resort(s). Also, able borrow from next year's UY points for home resort only stays. [September 1, 2023 - July 31, 2024]
  • January 1st - Begins the 7 month booking window for all resorts. Able to borrow from any home resort and use at all DVC prosperities within a 7 month window. [Jan 1 - July 31]. Never thought of it this way but kinda nice to know that August UY folks have their 7 month windows start on January 1st each year.
So my thinking is that come September 1st 2023, I'll be able to borrow from my August 2024 VDH UY and use those points in March/April of 2024 for a VDH booking.

I do realize the villas are not fully built out yet and that rooms are limited till more are constructed AND more DVC points are sold.

Am I on the right track?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter