VB 2013 Information & Adoration Thread ---CLOSED---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for posting this. I so appreciate you taking the time to walk to the front desk and ask! Very kind of you.

Thank being said...aaaargh! The x2180 puts you right back into central dining reservations at WDW.

We are trying Vero for the first time, arriving just before Christmas. To make dining reservations, just call 772-234-2180. You have to call when someone is there, however, or it will ring to member services and they can't help you. I've found most success calling around 11 am.

Because we typically go to WDW for Christmas, I called to make dining reservations back in June and the CM very nicely chuckled and told me I could relax a bit. They didn't even know which restaurants would be open or which buffets would be offered during the holiday. I was able to make reservations in October with no difficulty. Needless to say, this is going to be quite different than our typical Christmas vacation with 7-day park hoppers.

If anyone has any off-site dining or touristy-type recommendations to make, I'm "all ears":cool2: Our sons are 22, 20 and 12 and will be most interested in local wildlife (ie., lizards, alligators) and sleeping.

Calling for dinner might be better after 5. The restaurant at vb is not open for lunch. So most likely need to call in evening.

My kids are near same age. Their favorites are captain Hiram's, Mobay, squid lips, mulligans in Sebastian, riverside grill. All for the most part steak and seafood. Mobay is very interesting and very good Jamaican.

Just an FYI as we learned this while at Vero last week. Reservations for dining at Vero are now handled over the WDW Dining 800 number.

This is a new change in the last couple of weeks. It is causing frustration for some who work at Shutters because (as we experienced), the CM at the dining line first told us that Shutters was not available for dinner that night. Had we not reminded them we were not looking at Shutters at CBR (rather the Vero Shutters), we would have not known that there certainly was availability.

Does anyone have a suggestion for car service from mlb? Won't need a car, rest of family will be driving down. This change in plans is last min. We have done the shuttle before but would rather not again unless it will really cost the 495 one way for the drive to the resort. Thanks for any help!
Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are going this summer and staying in a one bedroom which building should I request and what floor I thought read on here building 12 or 15 and the 3rd floor and when do you request

We had building 12 third floor last trip. Requesting same in February. Had a pretty good view of the ocean. Nice & quiet!

Off site suggestions of things to see- The McCarty treasure museum at the Sebastian inlet State Park and the Navy Seal museum in Ft Pierce. Both very interesting.

Off site eating, our favorites are Riverside Cafe in Vero, squid Lips, Mulligans in Sebastian. Everyone has their own favorites though.

If anyone has any off-site dining or touristy-type recommendations to make, I'm "all ears":cool2: Our sons are 22, 20 and 12 and will be most interested in local wildlife (ie., lizards, alligators) and sleeping.
We tried Vittorio's for the first time back in September and really enjoyed their pizza - some of the best I've had since moving to Florida. Traditional strip mall pizzaria with good food at good prices. The closest location to the resort is near the Publix a couple lights north of the Wabasso Causeway on US1. I believe they also deliver. I know Orchid Island Pizza is closer and many people seem to like them but the one time I got something there, it made me sick so I cannot recommend it. For breakfast, I always make a trip to Country Ham N Egg for a diner style breakfast at a reasonable price. JP Matty also has inexpensive breakfast but I prefer Country Ham N Egg so maybe try JP Matty for lunch (they're only open for breakfast and lunch).

Either of the local treasure museums is a good way to spend an hour or so. Mel Fisher's is in Sebastian off of Rt1, not far from Captain Hiram's while McLarty Treasure Museum is off A1A, right on the beach. Each features an informational video but while McLarty's exhibit gives more of a historical/educational perspective, Fisher's focus is on the treasure hunt and the treasure itself. McLarty also has a lovely boardwalk path through the scrub to the dunes where an observation platform overlooks a gorgeous swath of the beach.

McKee Botanical Gardens is also beautiful, but might be a bit boring for the boys, especially the youngest.

We gave up most of our January stay at VB due to the pool, hot tub closing. We intend to go to McKees garden and perhaps Al's Family Farm to see an orange processing plant during the time we are there.

I hate the fact that they are doing the work during the high point cost time.

Bobbi

Finally getting around to sharing some of my pics from our first stay at Vero this past T-Day! Hope you like a LOT of pictures! Sorry if the menus are kind of hard to see, but thought you'd appreciate seeing some updated menus!

23m54ew.jpg

2li944l.jpg

n74es.jpg

Santa Goofy and Donald were out in the lobby for a special meet and greet on T-Day. I was told this was a special rare treat. There was barely a line!

fviopg.jpg

Decorated lobby:

2w52k4p.jpg

qrgl1e.jpg

2nu63y9.jpg

Sea turtle ornaments:

243f4h3.jpg

23s99py.jpg

oqdagy.jpg

From on top of the 'lighthouse' water slide:

2d9s74j.jpg

10xsqrd.jpg

wmccue.jpg

24qvdkl.jpg

View from our building 12 studio balcony:

5amcsw.jpg

2uifxo8.jpg

Campfire (lots of Boom Chicka Booms and S'mores!)

vcrqfq.jpg

More in next post...

Island Grove Packing Co. (gift shop). Pin trading takes place in here during afternoons. Show your WDW AP, and you can get a discount on merch like you would at WDW resort. This is also where you can borrow DVDs to bring back to your room.

I hadn't seen a lot of pics online, so I went a little crazy.

28wjbzr.jpg

2lswubn.jpg

2jbw4gi.jpg

huj95s.jpg

54wvv4.jpg

afczli.jpg

xfb328.jpg

2co4myt.jpg

2rrapmh.jpg

Last batch in next post!

Sonya's and Shutters were both open for a Thanksgiving buffet. Both shared the same banquet room where the buffet spread was maintained.

2m28aco.jpg

oh5tz8.jpg

i6w2o2.jpg

260spsn.jpg

2u89vtk.jpg

Shutters:
35mjr0h.jpg

6qy9w4.jpg

hs6ro4.jpg

Sure was empty! When would you see a character breakfast like this at WDW? (I was told this was not the norm!)
2cr6duf.jpg

r920lj.jpg

2ztbodc.jpg

2a77e6f.jpg

Sonya's
mr8fk.jpg

2iacuwj.jpg

2h2mhe0.jpg

Green Cabin Room:
2gx1ifc.jpg

104hpvc.jpg

24pkug2.jpg

b9avbl.jpg

svmfxg.jpg

20h6ff4.jpg

24ydc9t.jpg

I wanted to add that we had a great (and cheap!) breakfast at Mrs Mac's Fill'in Station in Vero. Also great oranges to take home at Poinsietta's in Vero. Nice huge children's playground in downtown Vero.

Unfortunately, we didn't really walk around the part of Vero by the ocean, but took a quick drive just to say we saw it.

Time at the resort was special. CMs were very sweet and we loved the campfire. The CM said the record for a guest was 27 S'Mores. YIKES!!!! Great pin trading in the afternoon. CMs believe they will get magic bands ( for room entry and charging) sometime later in '14.

Overall, had a nice little visit. Will return someday in the future.

Thank you tofubeast for posting all the pictures.

We are heading there (our home resort) in JUNE 2014 for our first DVC trip EVER.
Sale went through just last week so we are set in deluxe studio and wait listed for one bedroom villa!!pixiedust:

Looks beautiful and we can't wait!:beach:

We are heading there (our home resort) in JUNE 2014 for our first DVC trip EVER.
Sale went through just last week so we are set in deluxe studio and wait listed for one bedroom villa!!pixiedust:

Welcome to the disboards!
Last time we were there we were in a deluxe studio. We loved it! In February we are in a one bedroom! Can't wait!

Loved, loved your pictures tofubeast! We are less than a month away from our short January stay. I've been to the character breakfast twice, and it was busy and fun! Would do it again.

Forgive me if this has been posted before, but we are looking at staying at a Deluxe Studio in April over my daughter's spring break. We usually stay in WDW but want something more low key and relaxing. It actually is pretty reasonable (no park tickets!) and just what we are looking for. Unfortunately there is no 1 bedroom's available at Vero Beach and only Deluxe Studios. The Disney website shows a REALLY small room. We are used to 1 and 2 bedroom villas at WDW. Does anyone have any photos of their Deluxe Studio room? Or recommendations? Would a Deluxe Studio be too small for a family of 4 (2 small kids and 2 adults). My son should still be napping so we would be in the room a bit. Would it be too tight and cramped? We don't need a kitchen necessarily, just a little fridge to maybe put some milk and juice. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!!

Forgive me if this has been posted before, but we are looking at staying at a Deluxe Studio in April over my daughter's spring break. We usually stay in WDW but want something more low key and relaxing. It actually is pretty reasonable (no park tickets!) and just what we are looking for. Unfortunately there is no 1 bedroom's available at Vero Beach and only Deluxe Studios. The Disney website shows a REALLY small room. We are used to 1 and 2 bedroom villas at WDW. Does anyone have any photos of their Deluxe Studio room? Or recommendations? Would a Deluxe Studio be too small for a family of 4 (2 small kids and 2 adults). My son should still be napping so we would be in the room a bit. Would it be too tight and cramped? We don't need a kitchen necessarily, just a little fridge to maybe put some milk and juice. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!!

I may be a little tight. It is basically a good sized hotel room with a kitchenette. It has a dorm type fridge, sink, microwave, and coffee maker. It has a balcony where you can sit when your son naps.
We requested top floor building 12 and had a nice view of the ocean.
I will send you a PM if you want pictures of the room.

Loved, loved your pictures tofubeast! We are less than a month away from our short January stay. I've been to the character breakfast twice, and it was busy and fun! Would do it again.

Thanks guys for your nice words!! Enjoy your upcoming stays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter