**** Vancouver FAQ Thread **** A few updates in main post!

One thing to double check with your card/bank on is if they charge a "foreign transaction fee" to each charge. Really wishing I'd used cash for a few things this weekend as that fee adds up quickly.

I have two cards that don't charge the fees. Thanks for the $15/day suggestion.

We will only be in Vancouver for one afternoon. We will be staying at the Pan Pacific. Would anyone recommend Grouse Mtn or Capilano as a better place to spend the afternoon? We are also hoping to squeeze in the Fly Over Canada experience as well. TIA.

Are the free shuttles to Capilano and Grouse the same shuttles or are they different? Capilano's first pick up at 8:30 AM and Grouse Mountain's first shuttle is showing at 9:00 AM. They both pick up at Canada Place. Thanks in advance! @xlxo

Last edited:

Cross posted... Just found this thread :-)

Is there still a bag storage service at Canada Place? I found an old link, but the site hadn't been updated in quite a while and I was unable to reach by phone. Looking for a place to leave our bags while we dosome sightseeing on debarkation day... Suggestions?

We will only be in Vancouver for one afternoon. We will be staying at the Pan Pacific. Would anyone recommend Grouse Mtn or Capilano as a better place to spend the afternoon? We are also hoping to squeeze in the Fly Over Canada experience as well. TIA.
Fly Over Canada runs until 9pm... you can go there after after the two as it's just minutes away from your hotel elevator. Grouse and Capilano are close to one another.

Last edited:

Are the free shuttles to Capilano and Grouse the same shuttles or are they different? Capilano's first pick up at 8:30 AM and Grouse Mountain's first shuttle is showing at 9:00 AM. They both pick up at Canada Place. Thanks in advance! @xlxo
Yes they are different shuttles. The Grouse shuttle has an optional stop at Capilano as it's along the way down back to the city, saving you valuable time in not returning to the city. If you are an early bird... you can hit Capilano first... especially since the Grouse shows don't start until later in the day. You are likely going to need to take public transit or taxi to Grouse afterwards. Not sure if the Grouse shuttle will stop at Capilano, especially if it's full.

Is there still a bag storage service at Canada Place? I found an old link, but the site hadn't been updated in quite a while and I was unable to reach by phone. Looking for a place to leave our bags while we dosome sightseeing on debarkation day... Suggestions?
Yes cruise terminal has storage til 4pm when they close. Some say Pan Pacific will hold your luggage too for a fee.

Trying to get a game-plan together on our 1 1/2 days in Vancouver prior to cruise. Thinking possibly Granville Island Saturday about 4 pm til it closes. Eating dinner there. Sunday going to Capilano Suspension Bridge and maybe Stanley Park area. Or perhaps (after typing this and seeing the schedule, lol) we will do the Bridge Sat afternoon, Granville Island on Sunday and Stanley Park to do the horse-drawn carriage. Will want to sleep late Mon morning and get to port around 11 am. Will be staying in the downtown area. Anyone have any input?

What time are you arriving at the airport and which hotel are you staying at... possible idea...
  • Sat noon arrival
  • sat 1pm arrive at hotel
  • sat 1:15pm ready for some sightseeing.... Capilano Bridge (however, I prefer hitting Grouse at this time)
  • sat 4pm go to Capilano Bridge
  • sat 6pm dinner... possibly Fly Over Canada before they close at 9pm
  • Sunday hop on service that covers both Stanley Park and Granville Island

Last edited:
So I've read thru several pages of posts.... did I read correctly that there are taxis waiting at the AMTRAK station when the trains come in? We are flying into Seattle from CA and then taking the Amtrak to Vancouver the day before our cruise. Trying to find out the best way to get from Amtrak station to the Marriott Residence Inn on Hornsby. There are 7 of us inc. my daughter with a colapsable wheelchair. We could divide into 2 cabs, but need to know if it is necessary to prearrange transportation.

So I've read thru several pages of posts.... did I read correctly that there are taxis waiting at the AMTRAK station when the trains come in? We are flying into Seattle from CA and then taking the Amtrak to Vancouver the day before our cruise. Trying to find out the best way to get from Amtrak station to the Marriott Residence Inn on Hornsby. There are 7 of us inc. my daughter with a colapsable wheelchair. We could divide into 2 cabs, but need to know if it is necessary to prearrange transportation.
If you don't see a cab... just call dispatch...
http://www.yellowcabonline.com/

Can she be moved from the wheelchair to a regular car seat? Otherwise, you can request for a wheelchair vehicle. You are likely going to need more than one vehicle with cruise luggage and 7 passengers

Give this number a call...
http://www.yvr.ca/en/shopping-dining-services/Personal-Services/Priority-baggage.aspx

I'm reading from another site that for $5 extra... your cruise terminal bags can be sent to the airport for pickup later in the day.

A cab driver in Vancouver mentioned that for a party bigger than what one cab can carry will often do better by arranging for a limo, rather than two cabs. :)

We will have a family of 5...bigger than just a regular cab will carry. Should I book a car service for a SUV or are there bigger cabs/vehicles available at the airport?

There is a website offering discounted tickets to certain Vancouver attractions.
But you need to book a minimum of two attractions to get the discounts. Click HERE.
Hope this helps!

Pay attention to where and how you will get to some attractions...
  • Hell's Gate needs a car and 2.5 hours ONE WAY on a winding canyon road.
  • Museam of Anthropology is a very long walk from the bus loop or a low frequency community bus
  • Burnaby Village is a significant disance from downtown by transit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!