**** Vancouver FAQ Thread **** A few updates in main post!

Hi all - we are a party of 6 adults, including my senior parents. We will most likely have 6 pcs of luggage - possibly 7 plus carryons. We are arriving at YVR on Saturday night 5/30 a little after 9pm.
What would be the best and easiest transportation to The Blue Horizon Hotel on Robson?
Then what would be the best way to get to the port from the hotel on 6/1?
and of course - would that also be the best way to reverse the trip upon return to Vancouver on the 8th and back to the same hotel?, as we do not have a flight until 9am on the morning of the 9th.
Thanks in advance for your help :-)

Anyone know how to get a decent deal at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport? Least expensive I can find with taxes is around $320.00 for the night we disembark....any tips/hints on how to get a better price?

Thanks.

Anyone know how to get a decent deal at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport? Least expensive I can find with taxes is around $320.00 for the night we disembark....any tips/hints on how to get a better price?

Thanks.

Sometimes they'll have special rates for Washington State or British Columbia residents, and sometimes they'll have special rates for Microsoft employees. Also, you can sometimes get an AAA deal. You might want to consider a different hotel near the airport with a shuttle. We like the Four Points Sheraton Airport Hotel. It's near a very good Dim Sum place, and it's about half that price, although it is (obviously) not as fancy or luxurious as the Fairmont.

Shercara, we are doing the same thing in July. I'm sure someone will be able to help us out..
Thanks for asking this question..:flower1:

Hi all - we are a party of 6 adults, including my senior parents. We will most likely have 6 pcs of luggage - possibly 7 plus carryons. We are arriving at YVR on Saturday night 5/30 a little after 9pm.
What would be the best and easiest transportation to The Blue Horizon Hotel on Robson?
and of course - would that also be the best way to reverse the trip upon return to Vancouver on the 8th and back to the same hotel?, as we do not have a flight until 9am on the morning of the 9th.

Still looking for tips from the experts! Our cruise is getting closer!!

Still looking for tips from the experts! Our cruise is getting closer!!
My thoughts...
  • Two taxi's from airport to the Blue Horizon is the easiest at $35 a carload. You might find an SUV service for about the price of two cabs.
  • Again two taxi's from the Blue Horizon to the cruise terminal
  • Two taxi's from cruise terminal to the airport
You are barely spending anytime in Vancouver. It's a great bonus port to check out...

There are several hotels in the vacinity of YVR that have a free shuttle to the airport, so you don't have to choose the most expensive one if you don't want to ;-)
I'm going to have to agree that for price sensitive travellers, there are several YVR airport hotels to choose from for a $10 cab ride if they can't wait for the free shuttle.

Has anyone stayed at the Shangri-La or Auberge Hotel in Vancouver? TIA
No, but we will in July. Awesome reviews on tripadvisor.
I prefer the Shangri-la for close access to the Robson restaurants and shops if they are similar priced. Auberge offers convenience to the cruise terminal (check out Mink Chocolates next door).

My thoughts...
  • Two taxi's from airport to the Blue Horizon is the easiest at $35 a carload. You might find an SUV service for about the price of two cabs.
  • Again two taxi's from the Blue Horizon to the cruise terminal
  • Two taxi's from cruise terminal to the airport
You are barely spending anytime in Vancouver. It's a great bonus port to check out...

THANKS so much xlxo!! I appreciate the info - I know - our schedule only gives us almost 2 full days -(1) prior, and almost (1) after the cruise. I've got a spreadsheet with everything I want to try to fit in while we are in Vancouver and will be the tour guide with a whip in hand for our group - so we can try to see and do as much as possible. Would you say that taxi's are readily available at the airport? or should we book something in advance? Thanks again!

• Lots of taxi's at airport.
  • Blue Horizon desk may need to call a cab for you. There are lots scatter around downtown.
  • Cruise terminal will likely be busy. Join the queue. Some say to take your luggage up to the Pan Pacific or the Fairmont Waterfront hotel where the lines may be shorter.

Last edited:
Last summer, we had five- too big for one cab. I asked for a car service for five, & they gave us a limo. No extra charge! $65 to the delta hotel near the port. We had a room with two doubles and a pull out coach. Lots of room! May work for you!

Questions for you...
Did you reserve the limo through a company or hire it at the airport?
How did you like the Delta? We're staying there for the upcoming member cruise.
How did you get to the terminal from the hotel? It looks close but I figure we will need a taxi if it's too far away to drag luggage or if the weather turns rainy.

Thanks!

Questions for you...
Did you reserve the limo through a company or hire it at the airport?
How did you like the Delta? We're staying there for the upcoming member cruise.
How did you get to the terminal from the hotel? It looks close but I figure we will need a taxi if it's too far away to drag luggage or if the weather turns rainy.

Thanks!

We've had good luck using Aerocar in the past: http://www.aerocar.ca

Three days before the cruise leaves we are going to Granville Island, Stanley Park, Capilano and Grouse. My question is what can we do the day we get back to Vancouver? We have a day room at the airport Fairmont and a 4:30 flight. So my guess is we have late morning and early afternoon to do something. Any suggestions?

My question is what can we do the day we get back to Vancouver? We have a day room at the airport Fairmont and a 4:30 flight. So my guess is we have late morning and early afternoon to do something. Any suggestions?
Reviewing your timeline...
  • 7am Wonder docks
  • 7:30am first walk off passengers come off. Are you in this crowd? Or are you going to enjoy that last breakfast that has you walking off 2hrs later?
  • 45 minutes later you will be checking in the Fairmont Airport for that day room.

• 2pm YVR check in
  • 4:30pm wheels up....
If you have a dayroom... do you plan to be sleeping in it? Or are you going to be sightseeing... I'm confused.

Being you are by the airport... ideas can be....
  • Dim Sum in Richmond?
  • Ride the subways to check out public transit?
  • check out Storybrooke (Steveston)?
Doubling back to Vancouver...
  • Vanduzen gardens?
  • QE park?
If you want to delay your cruise terminal departure.... Fly Over Canada? Otherwise, I recommend going pre-cruise when you land on the first day as it's open til 9pm.

A variation is this post cruise tour that takes your luggage..... you might not need that day room.
http://vancouvertours.com/tour/pre-cruise-vancouver-city-tour/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter