Vancouver BC cruise terminal, Pros and cons

So we were on this cruise with
A Noon PAT and had no issues. Arrived at 11:30 to port, dropped off luggage and got in line to enter the terminal. Was in terminal before noon and on the ship before 12:30 and eating lunch by then. Frankly I remember seeing Calantha a little after 12:30-12;45 on embarkation day.

It was smooth for us so I guess there were different experiences for different guests at the same terminal same time.
As I mentioned, they started boarding ontime (and the boarding times were obviously later than most other DCL cruises). The biggest determent was the large number of Disney-purchased transfers that received priority. Most early from the mainland arrive into San Juan during a short time from between 11:30AM-1:30PM so that’s not entirely surprising but seems to have caught Disney with their pants down.

We did Alaska back in 2022 and once we got through the covid testing line, the actual process of going through the port terminal to get on the ship was a breeze. It took us longer to get the ArriveCan app working, then it did to go through the boarding process.

Psy

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter